I bought a blackberry 7290 off of Ebay, The BB came from vodafone u.k., I ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

sgtd4172002 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24F68505

Question serivce provider help

Advertisement

I bought a blackberry 7290 off of Ebay, The BB came from vodafone u.k., I live in germany vodafone is my service provider, i tried to activate BB enterprise through my service provider but the PIN does not match, i.e. It is registered in the U.K. how do i fix this? additionaly is that the only way to use the internet, i dont think my phone is configured correctly...???

eatmypiano no está en línea BES Pro

Re: serivce provider help

When you got your Voda DE SIM did you tell them it was going in a BlackBerry? That device was last seen 05-12-07 13:52:58 and it had a Vodafone UK SIM in it at the time.

PIN/ID
    24F68505

not before, but after, they told me that the person that owned it before had to deactivate their account before i could use the pin, if i order a new sim but tell them that its for a blackberry will the pin change? also when i try to connect to internet through the browser it says that my device does not currently have any brower configuration service book entries? what does this mean? sorry if these seem like menial questions but like i said i bought it second hand cause my other phone got stolen, its a contract sim and im paying for internet, so i want internet, any help would be awesome, thanks

The last time the BlackBerry Network saw your device, it had a Vodafone UK SIM in it. Your SIM isn't allowing the BlackBerry to register on the BB Network so it's not going to get any services. "BlackBerry Enabled SIMs" means the SIM knows where to find the BlackBerry APN and send registration details. If the APN isn't on the SIM, the BlackBerry can't communicate.

In the top right hand corner of your screen, do you have SOS, gsm, gprs or GPRS?

PIN/ID
    24F68505

gprs not capitalizedmy phone works, i can call people, and sms, but no browser,

OK. gprs in lower case means that device has found a GPRS network (which is good) but can't find the BlackBerry Network - which confirms my theory that the SIM is not BlackBerry enabled. You'll have to contact Voda DE and get a replacement SIM. The PIN is hard-coded in to the BlackBerry so it won't change. You don't need to do anything else - I think Voda DE didn't understand you when they said that the previous owner had to cancel their account because there's no BIS account assigned to this device.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Do you have a bb data plan or your just pyaing for internet for an ordinary cell phone ?

PIN/ID
    24F68505

no BB data plan, just internet for an ordinary cell phone, is that required? i dont know much about it? Pro's con's????

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

You won't have any internet 'till you got the data plan for BB

PIN/ID
    24F68505

so how do i get the dataplan?

Phone Voda DE and say "I want a Prosumer Data Plan for my new BlackBerry" - they'll the rest.