I got this month bill from Suncom and I was shocked to see, they are ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

scanales no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2577A32E

Lightbulb Overcharges With Suncom Provider

Advertisement

I got this month bill from Suncom and I was shocked to see, they are charging me $553.00 for what they call <<Add'l Ilink+ I/B using 27665 KB>> this is the first time this happen to me, I called Suncom and they told me that those charges are valid therefore I need to paid.

My problem is that I can't identify what caused the over use of data transmition and they can't tell me, they are saying that using my pc via usb cable to either syncronize my email or to install/application activate some trigger that tells the phone and Suncom meter the use of this data? I kept telling over the phone that is not possible and they insist with no avail so they can remove those charges.
    The only thing different I made last month was installing and using a software called "Berrytunes" where you can transfer some mp3 songs from your PC to your BB and also has a web radio (which I listening several times up to an hour) thinking since I have this data Local BIS service which I pay $15.00 I could use it unlimited.

The TCP settings on the phone was set like this:

APN: INTERNET

User & Password for APN: Blank

Any idea how this extensive use of data was received and if the use of this program Berrytunes using the webradio caused the over use of data.

Thank You So Much!

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: Overcharges With Suncom Provider

and you did not tether your BB to surf the net on your computer? I don't know what could create "overages" on that unlimited plan - just checked the site and does say unlimited.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

There is no way to have overages on an unlimited plan. You just have to call back and get them to remove the charges.

Unless you don't have an unlimited data plan. In which case, the streaming radio application that you used many times, "up to an hour" would eat data at a pretty good rate and therefore would have caused (potentially) that high data usage bill.

P.S. I didn't think Suncom existed any more. Isn't that Cingular now AT&T?
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

taburnett2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205DA1A8

I just looked at my bill and have the same issue. Was your issue ever resolved?

organic_matter no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~they exist I've been using it for the last few days

taburnett2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205DA1A8

Thumbs down Re: Overcharges With Suncom Provider

Just spoke with SunCom. They told me that I was using the phone as a modem for my computer. I haven't ever used my phone as a modem. The only time I connected my phone using a USB cable was to add themes or apps to my phone. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

zinge5 no está en línea Stack level 1

Blackberry

Quote Originally Posted by scanales View Post
    I got this month bill from Suncom and I was shocked to see, they are charging me $553.00 for what they call <<Add'l Ilink+ I/B using 27665 KB>> this is the first time this happen to me, I called Suncom and they told me that those charges are valid therefore I need to paid.

My problem is that I can't identify what caused the over use of data transmition and they can't tell me, they are saying that using my pc via usb cable to either syncronize my email or to install/application activate some trigger that tells the phone and Suncom meter the use of this data? I kept telling over the phone that is not possible and they insist with no avail so they can remove those charges.
    The only thing different I made last month was installing and using a software called "Berrytunes" where you can transfer some mp3 songs from your PC to your BB and also has a web radio (which I listening several times up to an hour) thinking since I have this data Local BIS service which I pay $15.00 I could use it unlimited.

The TCP settings on the phone was set like this:

APN: INTERNET

User & Password for APN: Blank

Any idea how this extensive use of data was received and if the use of this program Berrytunes using the webradio caused the over use of data.

Thank You So Much!

Call Suncom and ask them what your setting ijs suppose to be on, it probably is still on internet which makes your phone link to the internet everytime you connect your usb cable. They should tell you to switch it to Blackberry.net They have to take it all off because the setting is wrong. It came from the factory like that . Good Luck

jtneal no está en línea Stack level 1
    Here is my understanding of the situation:

When you use the APN "internet" that tells your Blackberry device to use Suncom's I-Link Internet, which is $5.00 a month for Suncom network, or something like $15 or $20 if you want to be able to use AT&T's towers as well.

When you get Blackberry Internet Service for $15 a month, you no longer need Suncom's Web for $5 a month because you have the bigger and better Blackberry Internet Service.

So, if you aren't paying the $5 a month for Suncom I-Link, but you are paying for BIS, then your APN should be blackberry.net, not internet. This is why you incurred the usages charges. In my opinion you should be able to credited for the mix up.

I'm having a problem myself, all of my TCP applications such as Ramble IM and Opera Mini will only work if I use the APN internet, not if I use the APN blackberry.net. Suncom is telling me they can't help me because these are 3rd party software and I think that's BS but I think that they have my account set up wrong or something...Anyway, maybe the blackberry.net APN will work for you, and you can avoid these usage charges in the future. Hope you get it fixed.

Jason

NAVYSS422 no está en línea Stack level 1

Suncom Charges For Internet Use

Hi, I had a bill for over 800.00, almost had a heart attack, went to SunCom and they told me it was for some online stuff that my phone was attached to the internet via PC, I told them no way, couldn't happen, checked previous use, to make a long story short, they credited me...i then took out the unlimited 40.00 plan ....so I better not ever see this again...if they instisted I pay, i would have found another carrier....will see what this brings...have a great week everyone, stay safe...John,u.s. navy retired

ricardolon22 no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down my last 2 bill 4 more than 1000 w/suncom

but they credit me, can you tell me what are the radio software that u was using?
    they told my to use blackberry.net because I had none before but I think I was using the BB as modem but in the store the sale man told u can use as a modem because is unlimited but I don't wish to try again because I dont sure they going to credit again I not sure if I use my BB as modem with suncom and with new configuration blckberry.net I going to incurre in those hughes charges again
    anyone use the BB as a modem with suncom for free or included in the plan?
    thanks

PIN/ID
    LESS
    safer than sorry I would try and talk to someone with data support and see if they can better explain the correct way to not get charged. This all seems to me like they are trying to take advantage of the people they think they can.

Hope that helps. If not ask to speak to a supervisor to get this all straightened out