Just downloaded Opera Mini and everything works great. Before I could not connect to the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

taburnett2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205DA1A8

Opera Mini on SunCom Wireless (OS 4.5)

Advertisement

Just downloaded Opera Mini and everything works great. Before I could not connect to the internet (OS 4.2). My APN is blackberry.net. Would the OS make the difference? Not trying to incur a lot of charges.

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    Have you ever been able to connect?

Silly question, you do have a data plan, correct?

taburnett2 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205DA1A8
    Yeah, I've always had the Blackberry Local BIS plan with SunCom (unlimited data). Before, the only way that I could use Opera Mini was to have the APN as internet. This caused obscene charges. The setting has to be on blackberry.net. Now I can access Opera Mini with the APN setting on blackberry.net, so I was wondering had anything changed.

johu65 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24470e33
    I am also with SunCom and want Opera Mini but I can't get it to install completely. It tells me that it was unable to connect to the internet. Can any one help me? ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

skaii no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    242DEE39
    For SunCom, I believe you need to change your TCP settings (Options>>Advanced Options>>TCP/IP) to wap.suncom.com. Then redownload Opera Mini, do a battery pull, and try connecting when your phone is restarted.

If that doesn't work, since SunCom was purchased by T-Mobile, you may want to try setting your TCP/IP setting to wap.voicestream.com. That's the TCP setting us T-Mobile users use. Hope that helps!
    Hi. :D