Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I am with 02 in ireland and set opera to work, set the APN and ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

Re: O2 UK new blackberry pricing and Opera MINI

Advertisement

I am with 02 in ireland and set opera to work, set the APN and when the next bill came in there was €150 extra on my bill. I fought with them and got a credit for it. This was 6 months ago so be carefull.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

mayor no está en línea Stack level 1

200 mb fair use policy on unlimited tarrif

2. BlackBerry Internet Solution Unlimited Fair Usage Policy A fair usage policy applies and average monthly usage of BlackBerry and O2 Active/WAP data by any BlackBerry SIM Card connected to a BlackBerry Internet Solution from O2 Unlimited tariff is expected to be below 200MB. Excessive usage volume, determined at O2's discretion, acting reasonably, will constitute abuse. O2 reserves the right to monitor usage, to apply additional Charges or to withdraw the BlackBerry Internet Solution from O2 Unlimited tariff from any individual BlackBerry SIM Card, or all BlackBerry SIM Cards contracted to a Customer at any time in the case of overuse or abuse of the tariff.

The monthly charge excludes O2 Mobile Web browsing which is used to browse the Internet on some on non RIM manufactured (BlackBerry Connect™) devices and also applies if you use your BlackBerry enabled SIM as a modem. You will lose any inclusive data allowance you have with your O2 voice tariff when you add on a BlackBerry tariff. Different rates apply for data roaming see www.my-blackberryfromo2.com/tariffs_businesses.asp. Access to data services is subject to network coverage. Integration of email accounts with the BlackBerry Internet Solution is subject to your email service provider and/or company IT infrastructure and policy. The RIM and BlackBerry family of related marks, images and symbols are registered and/or unregistered trade marks of Research In Motion Limited - used by permission

goldenhours no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask

O2 Ireland Unlimited Data Plan and Opera MINI

Quote Originally Posted by vince1 View Post
    I am with 02 in ireland and set opera to work, set the APN and when the next bill came in there was €150 extra on my bill. I fought with them and got a credit for it. This was 6 months ago so be carefull.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I'm also with O2 Ireland and had the same problem with extra charges beyond my Unlimited Plan through Opera usage. I had set the APN to open.internet, which, according to O2, is not included in the plan (even though this isn't mentioned anywhere in the Irish terms and cons).

I received an email from one of their technicians stating the following:

“The BBSOLO20 add on is for free email access and WAP browsing using the APN wap.dol.ie. The customer is being charged as he is using the APN open.internet”

I have changed the APN accordingly to wap.dol.ie and am using Opera within my Unlimited Plan since.

No additional charges so far... fingers crossed!

Last edited by goldenhours; 04-02-2008 at 08:25 PM. Reason: fixed formatting and included different title

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3
    I switched to T-mobile, and it's great.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12