Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ok, O2 recently updated their Blackberry pricing on my blackberry from O2, it stated for ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

O2 UK new blackberry pricing and Opera MINI

Advertisement

Ok, O2 recently updated their Blackberry pricing on my blackberry from O2, it stated for the £10 200MB unlimited tarriff, now includes O2 wap, but mobile web still charged for a price.

OK question now: does this mean I can use Opera mini now? Just wish to find out before I get a monster bill.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: O2 UK new blackberry pricing and Opera MINI

It seems like no one is able to answer your question so far. So, while you're waiting, have you tried calling the BlackBerry representatives at customer service and asking them your question?

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

I'm with o2 and as much as them being prob the best service providers in the UK their knowledge overall on Blackberry is very poor. Gate to say it but the chances of having that answered is low. I think the best way to try and calculated if 200mb covers all your needs. Otherwise change to the 8120. That's what I intend to do
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Thanks for the reply, as stuart said it's kinda impossible to get an answer, but why switch to 8120? Can that solve any problem?

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

try to figure out what protocol your carrier will charge you for, if they charge you for BIS HTTP or EDGE (APN settings). In Opera Mini options you can set transport method.

You woudn't want any sadface bill's next month

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by MAXSquared View Post
    Ok, O2 recently updated their Blackberry pricing on my blackberry from O2, it stated for the £10 200MB unlimited tarriff, now includes O2 wap, but mobile web still charged for a price.

OK question now: does this mean I can use Opera mini now? Just wish to find out before I get a monster bill.

I am with o2, do you have a link to this information?

stuart B no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256c5822

Sorry I didn't mean to sound as if the 8120 would resolve every problem only that to calculate how much data you need with a company that has little Blackberry knowledge is quite impossible. The 8120 has wifi thus a percentage of your data could be used via free hotspots then there wouldn't be any sad faces lol
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Have just been to o2 uk's Blackberry website and it DOES seem to be the case that 02Wap is now included in the 200mb data Package. Happy days.

seabirdone no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DE5001

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~theres no doubt. T-mobile is at the moment the best for BBs In the uk. Customer support is excellent. Unlimited data for £7.50($15.00)for 1GIG fair usage is very good. I use both opera browsers and carrier.for a company like 02 it shouldn't be an issue

daredevil no está en línea Stack level 1

Is Opera a better typr of engine for 7100x than the windows element?

D

O2 actually had 3 different data charges on a Blackberry
    1) Blackberrry Data Plan
    2)02 Wap
    3) mobile web

I actually wrote to them complaining about this several weeks ago as they were giving us wap and mobile web by default (we weren't asking for them) and people were oftentimes unaware of when they were using them. Hopefully now this madness has come to an end (at least with o2 wap)

Luckily I have only had my Pearl a few weeks and never once used o2 active or Opera Mini after hearing about o2 wap charges on the forums.

I looked at T mobile in the Uk and agree their package for Blackberry is excellent but unfortunately their covererage here in Northern Ireland is apparently not good. Also the Pearl I got was locked to o2!!

So does it mean I can or can not use opera mini without extra charge? Thanks

I would say that you can but you must make sure that your TCP/APN settings are for o2 wap and not the mobile web.

I ran opera mini on my old nokia using o2 wap but there was no mobile web connection on the phone to worry about so I did not have to put in any TCP/APN settings. I have seen o2 wap setting posted on this forum though they are:-
    APN wap.o2.co.uk
    USERNAME o2wap
    PASSWORD password

I must admit that I am a little wary of doing it myself because of the fear of extra charges.

Maybe contact o2 to be 100% sure as I do not want to be responsible for anyone getting extra charges.

Expect either a praise or a large bill.....

No be serious, don't worry, it's fine, I won't mind.

There is really no point phoning O2, as no one seems to know anything about blackberry on O2.

Thanks for the TCP/APN setting, but it doesn't seem to be working, oh weel, it's not I will be on it that much.

o2 customer services is dire regarding Blackberries. Turned out I actially knew more than they did thanks to this forum!!!

I cannot get opera to work with the APN settings either but I don't mind the BB browser too much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast