Hi, I've just bought an 8800 with Orange (UK.) I'm having problems with the browser ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Jamiroman no está en línea Stack level 1

Question No Blackberry Browser for My 8800

Advertisement

Hi,

I've just bought an 8800 with Orange (UK.)

I'm having problems with the browser as the unit only has one browers configuration, a wap browser named Orange World.

I can't access the Blackberry Help site - mobileblackberry as this only works with the Blackberry Browser or many other sites due to the wap restrictions. I've looked in the advanced options for the browser and it only has one config setting - 'Orange World.' There's no Blackberry Browser or Internet Browser settings as per my previous BB!

I've looked into the service books on my 8800 and there is no service book for Blackberry Help (browser config) or Blackberry Internet Service, again, both of which are or were on my other BB's.

I've spoken to Orange about this several times and they are rubbish! They've no idea about Blackberries or what they should contain....it's driving me nuts!

Can anyone help me ?

Many thanks in advance,

Jamiroman...

ryfoster no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re: No Blackberry Browser for My 8800

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiroman
    Hi,

I've just bought an 8800 with Orange (UK.)

I'm having problems with the browser as the unit only has one browers configuration, a wap browser named Orange World.

I can't access the Blackberry Help site - mobileblackberry as this only works with the Blackberry Browser or many other sites due to the wap restrictions. I've looked in the advanced options for the browser and it only has one config setting - 'Orange World.' There's no Blackberry Browser or Internet Browser settings as per my previous BB!

I've looked into the service books on my 8800 and there is no service book for Blackberry Help (browser config) or Blackberry Internet Service, again, both of which are or were on my other BB's.

I've spoken to Orange about this several times and they are rubbish! They've no idea about Blackberries or what they should contain....it's driving me nuts!

Can anyone help me ?

Many thanks in advance,

Jamiroman...

I'm from the US. I have T-Mobile. Question: Does Orange have a website where you are able to resend your service books?

Also, how long has it been since you got your 8800? Sometimes it may take 24-48 hours for it to register on the BB network (this is what T-Mobile told me when I bought my 8100).
    ---
    R. Foster (2 Timothy 2:15)

Mobiman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2071348F

Hi and welcome, have you tried requesting your service books again, might help...

ljbyar no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Jamiroman, Did you sign up for a Blackberry data plan? Also, try Options/Advanced/Host Routing Table/Register Now.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You may have to call your carrier, ask to be transferred to the blackberry Support Data Support or whatever Support desk that handles BlackBerry support. Request they check they check to make sure your account is "properly provisioned for Blackberry Internet Service" Explain that you do not have the "Blackberry Internet Browser Service book". Be specific and be polite.

Let us know how it goes.
    Rcbjr
    ~via My BB Curve (wap.pinstack.com)~

Jamiroman no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi,

I've logged onto the Orange website and had my service books resent. I do not receive the Blackberry Help & Blackberry Internet Service books as I was told today (by Orange) that they not provide Blackberry Internet Services to non business customers????!!!!

I'm struggling to believe this to be honest - A new 8800 with only a WAP browser??? I bought the unit less than a week ago so I'm thinking about terminating the contract.

Regards,

Jamiroman..

aznchead no está en línea Stack level 1

what happens when you do register becasue i had a razr and i was able to go on the internet with it fine, then i took the sim card and put it in my bb. so im wondering if it has something to do with my plan or maybe even the sim card becasue it is pretty old. when i do register, am i suppose to get a text message? also how long will it take?
    Last edited by aznchead; 09-02-2007 at 04:39 AM.

Mighty Gof no está en línea Stack level 1

Lightbulb Re: No Blackberry Browser for My 8800

Quote Originally Posted by Jamiroman
    I've logged onto the Orange website and had my service books resent. I do not receive the Blackberry Help & Blackberry Internet Service books as I was told today (by Orange) that they not provide Blackberry Internet Services to non business customers????!!!!
    I have the 8100 on Orange and it is from a business+ account (my school provided it for me) - Orange seem totally useless re:Blackberry as it doesn't have Bklackberry Browser therefore you cannot download BBB as you cannot get onto the balckberry wap site! It doesn't let you connect to ramble, set up opera or soem other apps! I wanted to try using Opera to connect to wap.blackberry but Orange seem to have locked out several things.

I did hear of some settings that could be input however have so far come up blank!

Makes me wish I had a different provider as Orange get their line rental and data plan from us!

I guess you and I are in the same boat unless soem pinstacking genius on here can help us out?