hi guys, anyone else with orange blackberry?? I have just added blackberry internet talk or ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

bobbyj1985uk no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    257073FB

Smile need Help from orange uk users

Advertisement

hi guys, anyone else with orange blackberry??

I have just added blackberry internet talk or something to my orange sim card so I can use my blackberry, but I also have the Ł8 a month 30mb bundle, is this now redundant? the man on the phone said that I have 6mb of usage, is this for internet aswell as email? if so then should I cancel the 30mb bundle, im a bit confused with blackberry system, also has anyone ever gone over there limit, seeing as Im a bit worried about the fact of always on connection, especially as well my bb messenger doesnt seem to have a disconnect option and I dont want to go over the 6mb allowance. Hope this makes sense, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: need Help from orange uk users

from what I've understood these plans:
    Your 30mb plan includes 30mb of free transfer. If you go across this limit you'll have to pay per MB.
    This should include HTTP and email traffic.
    If tech said your plan has 6mb free transfer thats kinda strange, normally the rates would be 5, 10, 20, 50 or so..

My plan is 5mb included in price, for all traffic above this I have to pay per MB.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3

I am not with orange but on o2 you cannot have a blackberry plan with an o2wap/mobile web plan.
    I would email orange & get them to confirm exactly what you are getting for your money. I find that they give you more information in an email than over the phone but you might have to wait 24 hrs or more for a reply.

PIN/ID
    257073FB

Hi, just spent about 40 minutes on the phone to orange, and they said the 30mb orange world bundle (wap/gprs) is for use with the internet only, but the 6mb blackberry bundle is for use with blackberry features ie push email blackberry messenger im guessing. so hopefully there should not be a problem, but I will email them as well and see if I get conflicting information. thanks for your help guys.

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

OK here is your resolution, I've been ask around for nearly a year, no one could explain this to me, then after months of bills I figured out what the difference is myself:

When you launch your browser, if your loading screen is BlackBerry, then that's the 6mb blackberry data, then if launch the preloaded orange world browser where the loading screen says orange world (or whatever, basically not blackberry) then that means you are using the 30mb orange world data. All emails, yahoo and google apps as well as most apps you can download from blackberry's wap site (basically anything is going through blackbery) you more likely use the blackberry data. Opera mini, and modem use (with laptops) (go through orange) that's more likely orange world data. This data (or quote) is not transferable to each other, BlackBerry data will be charged by blackberry, and orange world data has got nothing to do with blackberry data.

As I am with O2, Blackberry data is 200mb for 10 pound per mth, and 1 pound for every 1mb O2 active data. After I discovered the charge, I've never used my O2 active browser ever again.

In reality, 6 meg is enough for emails (I've got 4 mailbox setup, receive around 40 emails everyday + sending), I've got 4meg data on emails most months. But if you send attachment a lot, and browse use blackberry browser a lot, and download lots of walls rings I think 6 meg maybe not enough for you. I suggest either move to O2 or T-mobile (50meg blackberry data), or you can always use orange world browser to use the 30meg allowance.

Finally enough your blackberry, it's not perfect, but is the best on the market.

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

Actually Worm on this thread explained what I explained too:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...kberry_uk.html

Worm no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by MAXSquared View Post
    Actually Worm on this thread explained what I explained too:

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...kberry_uk.html
    thanks MAXSquared, I totally missed out the carrier browser config/transport, doh.

It's easy to determine really, simply drill down into the transport service book for the particular service and have a look at the APN, if it = blackberry apn then covered in bundle, if it = anything else then not.

cheers

Worm

PIN/ID
    257073FB

ok well how do I find this apn bit out, I mean my browser is defaulted to orange world browser and tcp apn is set to orange so is this ok for browsing using my 30meg data plan? Not sure what uses the 6mb, is it email and blackberry messenger? cause if so then I think Im going to be ok for the time being.
    ---~Loving his BB - True Crackberry Addict~---
    New Pin: 21153ADC
    ~~~~If In Doubt Pull It Out . . Battery Obviously ;-)~~~~