Hi all, I recently decided to set up my own Exchange server and claim my ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

floo no está en línea Stack level 1

Thumbs down I want to use my BES but I'm not allowed :(

Advertisement

Hi all,

I recently decided to set up my own Exchange server and claim my free copy of BES Express with 1 CAL.

So I bought a BlackBerry 8100 2 days ago on Orange UK, with their £14/month BlackBerry Internet Service package on top of my voice package.

I then tried to do an Enterprise Activation, but no-go.

So I tried doing a normal BlackBerry Internet Service setup, and it worked fine.

I called Orange to complain and say I wanted to use my BES and not BIS, and after being thrown around was told it's impossible for them to put on the BB Enterprise Access Point for an individual. I'm stuck with BIS and no BES!

Since I can (hopefully) still take it back, I've had a look around other networks and none seem to offer BlackBerry Enterprise Server data plans for individuals, only businesses with corporate accounts.

Suuurely someone must have managed to get BES working with a consumer package?

My own fault I suppose for not checking it out . I had my hopes up!

dkozinn no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f260fb

Re: I want to use my BES but I'm not allowed :(

You might want to try contacting RIM about this. I believe that they will give you 30 days of free "T-0" (their lowest level, but at least it's something) support for the BES express. Assuming that you've got the BES properly talking to the Exchange server (we're a Domino shop, so I can't help you with that), I don't see why you shouldn't be able to get your single device.

In fact, although we have a few dozen BES servers in our environment, I needed to set up on quickly for a test, so just downloaded a copy of BES Express and did my test with that. There was nothing particularly special about the Blackberry device that I tested with (and in fact, have switched between a number of devices, one at a time, of course). My understanding is that if you can get BIS service, BES ought to work as well. (And you can, at least with Cingular/AT&T, and probably other carriers, in the US).

Good luck.
    David

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

You can do this with any US carrier. The problem is that the poster is in the UK which may present issues using BES Express.

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

floo no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry for the late reply, no luck I'm afraid.

dkozinn - The BES and Exchange are fine, it's just a matter of my carrier in the UK not letting me use it, which is a pity!

I'm still stuck with BIS which isn't ideal, but I suppose it'll do.

I've noticed T-Mobile USA let individuals get it on their website.

Why not us in the UK?