Hi, I have just returned home from overseas, and want to hook my blackberry 8800 ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

mikeg89 no está en línea Stack level 2

how to move your PIN from one provider to another

Advertisement

Hi,

I have just returned home from overseas, and want to hook my blackberry 8800 back up to my local provider. (While overseas I got a local # and hooked my Blackberry up to TIM's blackberry service) I am now at home and want to return to my FIDO service.

How can I clear my PIN from TIM.BLACKBERRY.COM before registering it with FIDO.BLACKBERRY.COM ?

When I login to the TIM control panel, it only lets me replace my PIN with another, not delete it.

Thanks very much,
    Mike123

cp6169 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3056468b

Re: how to move your PIN from one provider to another

I would call TIM and have them delete the account entirely.

Eddie_gauge no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg89
    Hi,

I have just returned home from overseas, and want to hook my blackberry 8800 back up to my local provider. (While overseas I got a local # and hooked my Blackberry up to TIM's blackberry service) I am now at home and want to return to my FIDO service.

How can I clear my PIN from TIM.BLACKBERRY.COM before registering it with FIDO.BLACKBERRY.COM ?

When I login to the TIM control panel, it only lets me replace my PIN with another, not delete it.

Thanks very much,
    Mike123
    In answer to your question YOU can't. What you need to do is contact the overseas provider and have them release your pin. Then call up your local provider or on the BIS site update your pin here. Until the old carrier releases the pin there is nothing that the US carrier can do.

JoshKingston no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

That sucks!

I'm going to going through this pretty quick too, I hope that Rogers won't be as stupid as they usually are

mikeg89 no está en línea Stack level 2

I have had the account deleted, but FIDO is still saying my PIN is registered elsewhere.

Any suggestions? This is really such a huge pain in the *** I almost need a second blackberry for the downtime in switching ..

thanks,
    mike

lbibeau no está en línea Stack level 1

How about the other way. Will the overseas carriers allow you to use a pin thats on another network. I dont want to delete my account in NA but i cant handle the roaming and the constant lack of data coverage...

Quote Originally Posted by lbibeau
    How about the other way. Will the overseas carriers allow you to use a pin thats on another network. I dont want to delete my account in NA but i cant handle the roaming and the constant lack of data coverage...
    No they will not. you would have to have the home carrier release the pin and then update on the roaming carrier.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeg89
    I have had the account deleted, but FIDO is still saying my PIN is registered elsewhere.

Any suggestions? This is really such a huge pain in the *** I almost need a second blackberry for the downtime in switching ..

thanks,
    mike
    If FIDO still says the PIN is registered elsewhere then TIM did not actually release the pin they just stopped the line from being active. They actually have to go into thier RIM tool and release the pin from RIM's network.

sn1p3r no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Re : how to move your PIN from one provider to another

But Fido does not have a "real" BB service, they do it for email, but if you want a full compatibility, you would need to do it with robbers, I meant rogers
    I'm french canadian so I can also help you in french, just PM me
    UNLESS it is for a BETA OS, it's at your own risk and I won't support it
    Sn1p3r