Help! Being smart, I bought a cheap T-Mobile BB 8700g on Ebay in Germany only ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

danokeeffe no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24FF9044

Thumbs down German T-Mobile Blackberry 8700g in France

Advertisement

Help!

Being smart, I bought a cheap T-Mobile BB 8700g on Ebay in Germany only to discover I cannot use the Blacberry service in France because this "Prosumer" model only works on the T-Mobile network. And yes, there is no T-Mobile service in France!

What's the difference between an "Enterprise" model which will work with other providers and the T-Mobile only "Prosumer" model? Is it just software? Do I have to flog this thing and buy an "Enterprise" model? Can I upgrade? Is there an unlock code?
    Why me?

Any help much appreciated.....

Cheers,
    Dan.

XLiMBS no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    20F3D846

Re: German T-Mobile Blackberry 8700g in France

It has nothing to do with "prosumer" and "enterprise" as you say because there is no such thing, all BBs of the same model are basically the same. You just happened to buy a locked BB.

Locked phones can only work on the network they're locked to. Don't worry, almost all carriers sell their phones locked.

You need to get your blackberry unlocked, and there are services out there that will do just that for you albeit for a small fee of course.

Try gsmphonesource.com and if you do unlock it with them, check the discounts section of PinStack to find a discount code.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~