Thought this was interesting. I have always heard the opposite about the leaders listed here ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

ziminvades no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me

Fewest dropped call survey

Advertisement

Thought this was interesting. I have always heard the opposite about the leaders listed here

Fewest dropped call survey

http://www.google.com/gwt/n?u=http%3...=m&site=search

Einherjer no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Fewest dropped call survey

Cool, i'd love to see such a survey for canadians. Rogers is the only one that claim the fewest dropped calls and other don't even talk about it ....so i guess Rogers is right hehe

likefre no está en línea Stack level 4

The survey reflects exactly my experience on sprint and cingular

bartokbatt no está en línea Stack level 4

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The survey doesn't tell the whole story. Verizon has coverage in lots of places that nobody else does. If they lose a call in an area where they have coverage and nobody else has anything then according to this survey their service is worse. I don't think so.

Due to my work I use phones from multiple carriers and have used them from coast to coast and from south Texas to Alberta and Quebec. Regardless of what this survey say, Verizon has the best coverage.

I agree that Verizon has great coverage, but the survey was in terms of dropped calls..

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~agreed. However people may view this as who has the best network even though it never says it in there anywhere. They then could make decicisions based on this and think they have the full picture eveb when they don't. When I was in Mariposa CA (by Yosemite National Park) my Verizon Blackberry had spotty voice and data coverage but I was able to do things like compose a bunch of emails and then move to a location where it would burst send them. Similarly I had to find a spot where the phone function worked adequately. My Verizon Blackberry that I also had with me was completely useless in Mariposa. If this data was part of the survey then Nextel would have the better network because it never dropped a call.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~if you haven't figured it out yet the 2nd Blackberry was a Nextel. Lots of confusion going on around me. :-)

You are right, it could be viewed as a coverage survey

manapuaman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    23f011d6

I have Cingular in Hawaii and average about 1500 mins a month total and dropped two calls so far this month. How does this compare with the other parts of the country and other carriers? And can anyone clarify Legacy AT&T and Legacy Cingular? Is that TDMA vs. GSM?

lovellbird no está en línea Stack level 3

I notice they did not list US Cellular on there.......I have them and never drop calls, even while travelling.
    Lovellbird

lux
    lux no está en línea Stack level 2

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The method of determining dropped calls is faulty... the report says that a callback within a time window indicates a dropped call, but I will hang up and call people back if I am in a bad traffic situation, or the signal quality becomes poor... If a call actually drops, it tends to be due to a poor signal, and I will wait a few minutes before calling back provided that I can get a signal...