Because of coverage or being inside a building, I may cycle from EDGE to edge ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jaxplanner no está en línea Stack level 1

Displaying Network Information?

Advertisement

Because of coverage or being inside a building, I may cycle from EDGE to edge or to GSM depending on signal with my 8700c. Sometimes when it gets on GSM or edge, it will lock in and not cycle back to EDGE. Sometimes I have to reset to get it to seek out the EDGE network. Turning the radio off and back on is not enough to do it sometimes. This is especially irritating if I am traveling interstate to work and I pass through several areas that have different levels of EDGE coverage while browsing the web. It will just stop responding and I have to close down the browser to see which network I'm on. Is there a way to see what network you're on at all times? I know you see it on the main screen but I want it to be displayed at the top of the screen even when away from the main screen in other application areas. HELP!!

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Displaying Network Information?

Not that I know of sorry. You may want to switch to manual network selection so it stops auto switchin'

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Look in the top right corner of the file attached to this message. I just went to T-Zones on my 7105t and in the top right corner u will see the TINY network coverage symbol. If you have no coverage, this will have an X over it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Yeah, I'm on Cingular and I too get the antenna and bars at the top. However, it doesn't tell you whether that is GSM, edge, or EDGE. If you are on anything but EDGE, you can't browse. I just wish there was a way be have just a letter, E,e, or g beside the antenna to tell you when you're away from the main screen that you are still on the EDGE network. Instead of sitting there watching the progress bar go all the way across the bottom of the screen and nothing happen.

dwella no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2038FB36

I did not even know there was EDGE and edge...

d

pentace no está en línea Stack level 3

yeah it is the same as gprs and GPRS

koperry no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20390ebe

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~If you have upgraded your OS you should be able to see network info by pressing U while browsing.

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~Yes, pressing U while browsing does toggle the ribbon at the top of the screen. However, the signal strength indicator just shows you signal strength, not what network you're on, EDGE,edge, or GSM.

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    I have a 8700 on Rogers with OS 4.1 and on the ribbon at the top of the browser, it does show EDGE edge or GSM (not that I ever leave EDGE, Rogers has 100% EDGE coverage). Try a different carriers OS (ir Rogers). It might fix your problem.

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

Yeah, I've got Cingular with the Bharti 4.1 OS on here and it shows the EDGE thing top right corner of the browser...