Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hmm. Will this work with a 8100 and how fast/slow is the internet?... C Spire/Cellular South forum

29m
    29m no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: Connect a PC to the Internet using a GPRS or EDGE Blackberry as modem

Advertisement

Hmm. Will this work with a 8100 and how fast/slow is the internet?

allijoe no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: Connect a PC to the Internet using a GPRS or EDGE Blackberry as modem

I have a BB 7230 and after being on the phone with T-Mobile for an hour, they eventually told me that the 7230 is the only BB model that does "not have the capability required" to be used as a modem for my laptop. Is this true? It seems odd that just ONE model doesn't do this and I just happen to have this very model. Thanks, Allijoe

phalpernnh no está en línea Stack level 1

For T-Mobil users, the best directions on how to do this (including APN and initialization strings) is in the T-Mobil forum: (2463-8700_as_modem_tmobile_users.html on this site)
    Last edited by phalpernnh; 02-15-2007 at 03:27 AM.

Moogly no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by maskands
    HI,
    I follow all the instructions but when I try to dial I am getting error message,
    " Error 692: There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device) ".
    Is there anyone can help me out to resolve this error.
    Thanks.
    I got the same message... Anyone could help please....

tecbloke no está en línea Stack level 2

I used to have a 7290 which is gprs (slow) data. I upgraded to an 8700g with TMo which is edge. I did not change anything in the setup and connected the new BB and it worked fine.

OK daft question coming....

When I 'dial in' does the 8700g just connect as EDGE and give me high speed data, or do I need to tell it to do something different and it only currently dialing in at gprs speeds on an EDGE device?

How does the network know?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gwireless no está en línea Stack level 1

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

gabrielcruzm no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by evega0
    Finally!!I did setup my BB as modem for my laptop, my carrier is TELCEL in Mexico, can somebody tell me if i will be receiving an extra charge for that?
    I am assuming that i will not, ...but who knows!! I appreciate your comments.
    Evega
    evega0, tambien estoy con Telcel, te hicieron algun cargo por utilizarlo?

Saludos

mrMercury no está en línea Stack level 1

I need help using my Pearl as a modem, my carrier is Telcel in Mexico, I have been using the instructions in this post but I get error 777 “the modem in the remote computer is out of order”, can anyone help me with this?
    Thanks

grlittle no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried all the suggestions found on this site, but still cannot get the tethered modem working on my laptop.

Verizon: 8703e, 4.1.0.344
    Windows XP SP2
    IBM Thinkpad T60
    BBDM: 4.2.1.9
    BBDevMgr: 3.1.0.1
    RIM USB Driver: 3.1.0.1
    RIM USB Serial Driver: 2.1.0.3
    Verizon Access Manager: 6.2.1
    USB controller: Intel 7.2.2
    Symantec and windows firewall turned off (and about everything else in msconfig)

I can get the modem feature working on another computer (HP tower with Vista) so I am guessing there is something blocking my connection on this laptop.

Of note, our company load of software creates the following networks/adapters (and associated software)
    AT&T VPN software: AGN Virtual network adapter
    AT&T VPN software: AT&T Network Client for remote dialup using built in modem
    Internal 10/100 Ethernet and Intel WiFi

Does anyone have any ideas what other items I can look for that may be blocking the connection?

I know of at least one other person at my company with the same problem.

Verizon tried replacing the Blackberry, but it did not help and I think I di dhave this working at one time several months ago, but had to have a hard disk replaced so was given a new load of our company XP.

Thanks

Bankotsu no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: How To: Connect a PC to the Internet using a GPRS or EDGE Blackberry as modem

Ive followed every step, and it gives me Error 720 for windows 2000 pro. when i try to dial ,can any one help me in how to fix the error, im kinda new to this. My DM Is running and ive entered the APN PLZ PLZ HELP! I need to get online on my laptop ASAP!

My Network- Tmobile
    Device-BB 8100
    Last edited by Bankotsu; 06-23-2007 at 07:01 PM.

blairafon no está en línea Stack level 1

does the blackberry 6280 have a drivers for the built in modem so that i can use i to connect y laptop to the internet? if yes where can i get it?

gregorymerchant no está en línea Stack level 1

I just went from the 7290 to the Curve 8300.
    I wa using my BB as a tethered modem very successfully, but can't connect anymore.
    When I test the modem in diagnostics it comes back with errors.
    I am a simple user, so detailed step by step is appreciated to avoid launching nuclear weapons.

thanks, gregory.

jigxerjay no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    319F0748

I am helping a friend hook her 8700g Tmobile BB to her laptop.... HELP....

I have done the above instructions, but I am unsuccessful. I am on WIndows Vista. Im getting "Failed to Cnnect to Dial-up Connection">>>>> HELP
    "When a man playing poker with money meets a man playing poker with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."

n2netr no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jigxerjay
    I am helping a friend hook her 8700g Tmobile BB to her laptop.... HELP....

I have done the above instructions, but I am unsuccessful. I am on WIndows Vista. Im getting "Failed to Cnnect to Dial-up Connection">>>>> HELP
    I have found that in alot of cases, your desktop manager needs to be running, then your data connection should appear, just a thought.

zzgandalfzz no está en línea Stack level 1

I ca't get my 8300 to act as modem for my laptop. I followed all the steps but i keep getting an error message #628, can anybody tell me what this means. Is there something that i'm doing wrong. I got my APN and everything but it just does not work.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast