Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sory i took so long to answer back. Thank you Rcbjr... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Browneyess no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: How To: Connect a PC to the Internet using a GPRS or EDGE Blackberry as modem

Advertisement

Sory i took so long to answer back. Thank you Rcbjr

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Re: How To: Connect a PC to the Internet using a GPRS or EDGE Blackberry as modem

No Problem.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

millerbr no está en línea Stack level 1

I have an 8700c with Cingular. I found where the APN is, but theres no APN listed. Is there a standard APN for cingular? Reading the posts it seems like tmobile uses wap.voicestream.com. Thanks.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

Quote Originally Posted by millerbr
    I have an 8700c with Cingular. I found where the APN is, but theres no APN listed. Is there a standard APN for cingular? Reading the posts it seems like tmobile uses wap.voicestream.com. Thanks.
    APN: wap.cingular
    user name for APN: WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    Password: CINGULAR1

Thanks alot. Now I just have to find my ISP...

Great guide. Im connected. One last question - Im using EDGE with Cingular 8700c. Will I get faster speeds with the tethered USB connection or should I connect through Bluetooth? Getting 115 kbps with USB connection...

BlackDog_UK no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    24FCE3C2

Many thanks from this newbie for that useful guide

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

BlackDog_UK, Welcome to PinStack. and millerbr, a belated welcome to you.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help with your BB.

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

tecrishon no está en línea Device Expert
    PIN/ID
    Retired

i'm new to blackberry AND new to pinstack -- this place is great for a new guy! i just bought my pearl yesterday and am trying to figure it ALL out. (i'm coming from a sidekick II - so its kind of a big change)

but - i'm not connected yet...

i was under the impression that you would want to tether your blackberry if you didn't have internet nearby - why do you need information from your internet service provider??

i set up my APN and since my pearl didn't list one - i assumed tmobile uses "wap.voicestream.com" - correct??

when i was configuring the dial-up networking, i didn't know the username/password, so i left it blank (some users said it worked without using them). also, wherever i will need to tether it, i won't have internet, so what internet service provider do i contact to find this information, if i will be moving from location to location...?? i used *99# as the number.

when i try to connect, it automatically just puts my XP login name as the login name and leaves the password blank (???) and i get an error after it says "registering your computer on the network" (Error 734: The PPP link control protocol was terminated.)

i'm obviously doing something wrong - and it could be the username/password or something else....can anyone please help??

THANKS!!!!

maskands no está en línea Stack level 1

HI,
    I follow all the instructions but when I try to dial I am getting error message,
    " Error 692: There was a hardware failure in the modem (or other connecting device) ".
    Is there anyone can help me out to resolve this error.
    Thanks.

GHStinson no está en línea Stack level 1

I finally succeeded connecting to Cincinnati Bell yesterday. I posted a message but haven't seen it appear.

If you have already tried without success, it's probably better to clean out everything and start over. Remove all Blackberry software. Remove any modems, COM ports, and USB connections that were installed by Blackberry software or that you installed yourself. Run regedit to search for and remove any references to Blackberry.

First, you have to call a Cincinnati Bell Wireless customer rep and have the tethering option turned on for about $20 per month.

If you don't have Desktop Manager 4.1, download it from the Cincinnati Bell website. When you install it, it should create a USB connection and a standard modem and it's associated COM port.

Open the Phone and Modem Options window on the Control Panel. Select the standard modem that was created by the Desktop Manager and click the Properties button. In the window that opens, click the Advanced tab. Make sure the Extra initialization commands box contains +cgdcont=1,"IP","web.gocbw.com", including the quotes.

Go to the Network Connections page and create a new dial-up connection using the standard modem. Leave the User name and Password blank. Check the Save this user name... box and select appropriate option for your situation. Finally, put *99# in the phone number box.

Click Dial and you should connect at 100-150 Kbps.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by GHStinson; 01-15-2007 at 06:33 PM.

julieedwards no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

hi Rcbjr, i would like to know where can i get the DM 4.1 to download. please

GHStinson no está en línea Stack level 1

Julie,

Who is your service provider? Desktop Manager can vary between service providers. You should be able to get it from your SP's website. I can give you a link or email you the one for Cincinnati Bell, but I'm not sure it will work for your SP.

George

evega0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20524a90

Mocoso plus, no puedo conectar mi 8700g con telcel, intente como dice aqui y con el numero que tu me dices y no puedo, me sale un mensaje en el BB que dice "unknown application".
    Gracias por tu ayuda
    Evega

evega0 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20524a90

Finally!!I did setup my BB as modem for my laptop, my carrier is TELCEL in Mexico, can somebody tell me if i will be receiving an extra charge for that?
    I am assuming that i will not, ...but who knows!! I appreciate your comments.
    Evega

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast