Hello, complete BB Newbie here. While I am loving my new 8120, I am already ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

03Idlewild no está en línea Stack level 1

Confused About Data Usuage

Advertisement

Hello,
    complete BB Newbie here. While I am loving my new 8120, I am already getting paranoid abt my usage. I am on the Bharti Airtel network and needed some advice. First I wanted to know do carriers charge for the email which lands up on our inbox? The CC in Airtel told me I am not charged for that but only when I reply back or send an email. Is that true? Guess I am a little confused how exactly does Airtel bill your usage and talking to the CC further confused me!

Secondly I get around 3 to 4 emails in a day (work related) and I would use the facebok application and Gtalk sporadically. I just wanted to know what would the gen usuage per month would be like? We have we an unlimted 990RS plan but I dont want to opt for that.

I am stuck between these two rather obnixious plans Any help would be appreciated!

Rs. 249/- 15 paise per KB
    Rs.499/- 500 KB*- where usage charges in excess of free data provided would be 50p/KB

Thank you in advance

Sci-Tek no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Confused About Data Usuage

Hi, welcome to the forums!

This is the software youre looking for:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...mware_now.html

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick reply Sci-Tek. One question (a rather daft one) but is the mail which lands up in your inbox also considered "data"

Also I am on 4.3 v so I dont think this one will help
    Last edited by 03Idlewild; 01-21-2008 at 12:26 PM.

This is up to your carrier to decide, I believe there are no correct answer for every carrier.. I don't consider email to be included in the plan.

I've got a 25$ BB plan which includes 5mb of traffic, and its beeing advertised that this is more than enough for regular users whom just use it for email.

Beside BB don't download the whole message, it download just the headers and the first lines of txt, as you scoll to read it downloads more. Also attachments are not downloaded instantly, they are downloaded when you choose to open them.

Hope this answers your question

Thumbs up Re: Confused About Data Usuage

Oh wow, that really helps because thats what I was confused abt
    Thank you

np, anytime