Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

All that is important is that it works best for you... C Spire/Cellular South forum

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Cingular vs. T-Mobile

Advertisement

All that is important is that it works best for you
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Toddboy71 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    T o' Bee

Quote Originally Posted by MirandaSoft
    My upcoming review of Cingular Wireless is very poor... I've been a T-Mobile customer since 2002 and a Cingular customer since February 2006.

Cingular does NOT have roaming agreements in many countries, such as Philippines. Smart and Globe Telecom said a device with Cingular GSM chip will not function properly. They recognize Deutch Telecom (DT) [parent company of T-Mobile] and T-Mobile GSM chips will function normally.

Cingular's customer service on 611 is Part-Time! I'm a Night-Owl, and whenever I call 611, Cingular is closed. So much for customer support.

T-Mobile's data services are cheap. I use for the Treo 600 and GC79, alternatively. Both devices work with Linux.

It's been less than 30 days with Cingular, and there's a 75% chance that I will terminate them. If I stay with them, I will buy the Treo 650 and pay $175 to terminate the contract. I will unlock the Treo 650 to use with T-Mobile. Alternatively, I can buy an Unlocked GSM Treo 650 for $599 from Palm.

I live within 10 miles from T-Mobile Corporate Headquarters in Bellevue, Washington. I've met the Vice President of T-Mobile Corporation. Whenever I have problems with T-Mobile customer care (and I have many times!), I usually speak to the Corporate Headquarters.

As of this posting, nobody in Cingular Wireless' Executive Division has contacted me. It has been over two weeks since I made the inquiry. I want to question Cingular's secret motive... "Take Your Money and Run!" Cingular services are more expensive than T-Mobile, yet T-Mobile has more services than Cingular.

Overall, the United States is BEHIND in Technology. Take your GSM phone to Philippines and it's technology is obsolete. That country has been 3GSM for a few years now. The Network quirks that T-Mobile and Cingular experience is "old news" compared to other countries. (Secret: GSM Phones in Philippines are sold "unlocked.")

I plan to be at T-Mobile Corporate headquarters on Monday to port my main number ported from Cingular (originally my # was T-Mobile). My secondary number is still with T-Mobile (contract until October). My estimated bill from Cingular is about $130 if I cancel within 30 days. After 30 days, I will have to pay an additional contract termination charge.

Marcos
    Not to respond to a 6 week old post, but this guy cracks me up. I'm glad he deals with Tmo Corporate. I'm sure They truly value him. What are his motives of his post?
    Secondly, It's nice the Philippines has better technology. I'm sure it's much easier to produce and support technology for their population, as opposed to the 350-400MM people in North America ( and Antigua too Hydn and Gina!)
    I don't like throwing people under the bus but for some reason this guy has always rubbed me the wrong way ( see his other posts)
    I'm really sorry! This site is always so nice to everyone, that I feel bad, but I wanted to vent =)
    The Stacks Rock.....

Just signed up to Pinstack? Please visit the following:
    Forum Policies ~ Posting Guidelines ~ BB FAQ ~ Downloads

vicvasqz no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20400e80

my pops has cingular , every month he has to dispute his bill , don't know why he does'nt cancel , i swithched from nextel to t-mobile because of price and nextel's phones suck.

alval11 no está en línea Stack level 2

I started with TMO but they did not cover where I live; everthing else was great. Cingular has been good to me for over a year now. To me, it's all about coverage right now.

msbrenda64 no está en línea Stack level 5

I'll take T-Mobile hands down, except for their network issue they're working on in my area, I have always enjoyed their service. By the way don't laugh but I put a piece of aluminum foil in the back of my blackberry by the battery and now it pretty much keeps a signal on my 7290! I could keep a signal for more than a minute or two before the foil! Go figure!

v_blackberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204CFD57

I've been w/T-mobile 4 many yrs. I would not switch from them 4 any reason @ all. Their the best of the best.
    7105T(Pin:23D37D06) *8700G(Pin:23D53CE9) & *8100/PEARL(Pin:204CFD57) *Currently In Use...

May God Continue To Bless You, & Have A Nice Day!

elevenminute no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204dg966

Quote Originally Posted by Malfo
    To pay $45 per month for data you'd be better off switching verizon since the network is better and EVDO is way faster than EDGE. That said if your looking to save some money and get the best bang for your buck your better off with Tmobile. If the service is good in your area go with Tmobile.
    ~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~
    the network especially data network is only better if you believe in the drawn in crayon map plus evdo is still only 13% of total square miles
    want a fair assesment look at the people who rate the carriers "j.d. powers and ascosoates " where 3 years straight tmobile is the number 1 national carrier with the largest network overall in the northeast and best satisfaction with network.
    Then you get to start alking about pricing and tmobile blows all of the others out of the water.

elevenminute no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    204dg966

oh and for our international users tmobile offers ulimited international bbmail roaming for 20 bucks a month
    .....................yes i am an tmo employee
    and anyone who needs a device or to change to the light side of the force pin me ...we ship
    Last edited by elevenminute; 05-23-2006 at 06:47 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123