Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by vyperz Hand$ down.. T-Mobile ha$ the BE$T cu$tomer $ervice!~ In the pa$t ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

Re: Cingular vs. T-Mobile

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by vyperz
    Hand$ down.. T-Mobile ha$ the BE$T cu$tomer $ervice!~ In the pa$t when I called t-mo'$ BB tech $upport, they were alway$ very helpful and very profe$$ional. I mu$t add that t-mo'$ cu$tomer $ervice rep$ are very polite, patient, and $o in$anely polite!~ Did I $ay polite twice? LOL And they're $o happy!~ That'$ good for all of u$.

A$ for Cingular... I've experienced both good and bad cu$tomer $ervice$. I u$e to have a Cingular cell phone a$ my carrier. I cancelled it becau$e of billing i$$ue$. I can't recall too much, but I ju$t know I wa$ very up$et at Cingular.

At work, we have both Cingular and T-mo BB carrier$. Cingular cu$tomer $ervice rep$ are not a$ polite and patient a$ t-mo rep$. I $ay thi$ from my experience and interaction with them in the pa$t. I felt Cingular wa$ un-organized too, and every email $ent my our Cingular rep took a while for them to re$pond back to u$.

Thi$ i$ more than two cent$, hope thi$ helps.
    ... People who type like that; need to be shot :P j/p
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

I had cingular but when I got this BB I switched to Tmobile because I knew someone who worked there and they were able to get me a good deal on it. However, Tmobiles coverage SUCKS at my house...Its iffy at best. I haven't gotten my first bill with Tmobile yet so I have yet to see if they are going to try and shaft me. However, speaking from personal experience I would stay away from Sprint, because they jacked me on my bills SEVERAL times!

cpufixr no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    203BE346

From my experience with both companies in Maine, Cingular has good coverage but lacks customer focus, TMobile is a new player in this area, they have idential coverage as Cingular (roaming agreements with Cingular) and have much better customer service skills and less expensive rate plans.
    Maine, USA
    8700C on T-Mobile
    203BE346

MirandaSoft no está en línea Stack level 2

My upcoming review of Cingular Wireless is very poor... I've been a T-Mobile customer since 2002 and a Cingular customer since February 2006.

Cingular does NOT have roaming agreements in many countries, such as Philippines. Smart and Globe Telecom said a device with Cingular GSM chip will not function properly. They recognize Deutch Telecom (DT) [parent company of T-Mobile] and T-Mobile GSM chips will function normally.

Cingular's customer service on 611 is Part-Time! I'm a Night-Owl, and whenever I call 611, Cingular is closed. So much for customer support.

T-Mobile's data services are cheap. I use for the Treo 600 and GC79, alternatively. Both devices work with Linux.

It's been less than 30 days with Cingular, and there's a 75% chance that I will terminate them. If I stay with them, I will buy the Treo 650 and pay $175 to terminate the contract. I will unlock the Treo 650 to use with T-Mobile. Alternatively, I can buy an Unlocked GSM Treo 650 for $599 from Palm.

I live within 10 miles from T-Mobile Corporate Headquarters in Bellevue, Washington. I've met the Vice President of T-Mobile Corporation. Whenever I have problems with T-Mobile customer care (and I have many times!), I usually speak to the Corporate Headquarters.

As of this posting, nobody in Cingular Wireless' Executive Division has contacted me. It has been over two weeks since I made the inquiry. I want to question Cingular's secret motive... "Take Your Money and Run!" Cingular services are more expensive than T-Mobile, yet T-Mobile has more services than Cingular.

Overall, the United States is BEHIND in Technology. Take your GSM phone to Philippines and it's technology is obsolete. That country has been 3GSM for a few years now. The Network quirks that T-Mobile and Cingular experience is "old news" compared to other countries. (Secret: GSM Phones in Philippines are sold "unlocked.")

I plan to be at T-Mobile Corporate headquarters on Monday to port my main number ported from Cingular (originally my # was T-Mobile). My secondary number is still with T-Mobile (contract until October). My estimated bill from Cingular is about $130 if I cancel within 30 days. After 30 days, I will have to pay an additional contract termination charge.

Marcos

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

T-Mobile is the best to go with. Their data plans are the most reasonable (they have both enterprise and non-enterprise plans), customer service is great, but the phones are a bit pricey.

TechieGirl no está en línea Stack level 4

Quote Originally Posted by melissaox
    Decide what is most important to you for your phone service. I want all my data options and at the lowest price possible. If I don't have the network of another company, as long as it works where I spend most of my time I am happy.
    Of course there is also the change factor. Are you willing to go what you have to in order to change providers, although nothing will show a provider how unhappy you are unless you are unhappy enough to leave. And they might offer you all sorts of things to get you to stay. Suncom did that for me when I left them ages ago to get the TMobile Sidekick.
    Hahahhaa...like AOL, they gave an ex-coworker of mine like 6-8 months FREE service to stay with them. He still left anyway after it was up.

jaxplanner no está en línea Stack level 1

I tried T-Mobile for a little while but their coverage in rural Tennessee is not adequate. Their customer service was stellar. Always helpful, always knowledgeable. I'm with Cingular just because they have the best coverage in my area. However, their customer service is pooooooooooor!

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2

I have been with Sprint. Now on Cingular. Have to admit dropped calls is getting old here in Boston. I guess you just have to pick your poision?

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

LOL. Last night my hubby called TMo customer service to change his plan to the blackberry plan and they were wonderful to him and his BB was up and running in only a few minutes.... Couldnt tell you for sure, I was too busy playing with mine.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

I have learned that there is no perfect service provider.... You just have to pick one and pray that it works in your area....

Debias no está en línea Stack level 2

True dat!

Very true. I have also seen that what works great for me, doesn't for someone else. Depends on what you need or want too.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

Earlier this year I was thinking about swtiching to T-Mobile, I heard nothing but raves about T-Mobile. But what stopped me what when a co-worker got a phone through T-Mobile and he tried to use his phone at work, it couldn't get a signal. I work in a vault and because I have kids and I am addicted to messaging people, being reachable to my family is #1. So because I am on base and T-Mobiles signal is weak on base, I stuck with Cingular..... For now....

LOL. That is exactly how it can be. I am not supposed to be using my phone at work, so a weak signal at work, not a problem for me, except when I am on a break. The BB is my entertainment
    My Blog , My Flickr

dlsolo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~i'm new to Cingular, but so far they have been great. Got a really good deal on my phone and plan. Being military actually has its perks, lol. Anyway, the Tmo store would not bargain on the price of the 8700g. But, I'll keep my fingers crossed on Cingular.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast