Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I am having a dickens of a time trying to figure out what i am ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

taeisme no está en línea Stack level 4

Cingular vs. T-Mobile

Advertisement

I am having a dickens of a time trying to figure out what i am going to do. I am with Cingular and they are offically getting on my nerves, i.e. bad customer service, screwing up my plans, billing issues. I am considering breaking my contract and going with T-Mobile but I have heard nothing bad about them and I KNOW there is something wrong with them, I would appreciate opinions on both Cingular and T-Mobile and your experiences (good or bad) with both.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Cingular vs. T-Mobile

I use to work for Cingular, they lack organization, a lot of talk on savings but don't often save the customers much and are almost never on schedule for any of there's plans. Glad I resigned.

andrebsd no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240F09FB

I have TMobile, their service works pretty much everywhere here in Los Angeles and they are quite cheap. 19.99 for unlimited (and they truely mean unlimited, since I thether alot and they haven't said anything.) Never had any billing issues, except for the time I signed up for TZones (while back, with my old phone) they ended up never actualy charging me monthly for it. I think thats probibly since I signed up while roaming in another state.

As for customer support, no clue how they answer the phone... I just do everything trough their website. And my main complaint would be the price of their phones; when they had the 7100 for sale here, they wanted $299 + 2 year contract extention. I got my 7100 unlocked online for $169.
    PIN: 240F09FB - Feel free to msg anytime.

dasupaman23 no está en línea Stack level 6

I think I am going to unlock my 8700 and use it on T-mobile. As much as I would like to just carry one device, I cannot justify paying $45 for BB Data and $10 for SMS and STILL worry if I am going to get charged for using 3rd party apps (Google Local, Ramble). I also considered getting an exchange host but that just adds another $20 to the $55 I am already paying for data. I guess carrying 2 devices will cost less than paying at another $20-$40 a month for staying on Cingular.

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

I have T Mobile and have had them for many years. No complaints. They have been great to me. I would reccomend them to anyone. And I pay less for my BB than I did for my Sidekick.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

~~Posted via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~~

I feel like I have spent my time with all the cariers. They all have their opportunities. I am with cingular now. They seem to me to be the most consistent. The worst I ever used was Nextel.

Just my two cents.

Hotbox no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    20369f04

I have been with T-Mobile for over 4 years now and have had a BB 7105t for about 6 months. I've always had very good customer service from TMO. For me, the 2 deciding factors were RF coverage and pricing of their data plans. From what I could tell by looking at both of their coverage maps, both looked adequate. But pricing on thier data plans kept me with TMO. That was a big one for me.

tweber78 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    214b43dc

Welcome to Pinstack Hotbox.
    ~Tweber78~
    akatweber78@pinstack.com
    Pinstack.com – where Blackberry Professionals Connect!

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

T-Mobile definitely has better customer service and better pricing. Coverage varies from market to market. It's generally good in Houston but really poor at my house so I'll be switching (unfortunately) to Cingular.

Thea1981 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID

i love tmobile..better plans...cingular is HORRIBLE lol..hate em..and tmobile better customer service and no dropped calls on my end

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Decide what is most important to you for your phone service. I want all my data options and at the lowest price possible. If I don't have the network of another company, as long as it works where I spend most of my time I am happy.
    Of course there is also the change factor. Are you willing to go what you have to in order to change providers, although nothing will show a provider how unhappy you are unless you are unhappy enough to leave. And they might offer you all sorts of things to get you to stay. Suncom did that for me when I left them ages ago to get the TMobile Sidekick.
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

Malfo no está en línea Stack level 3

To pay $45 per month for data you'd be better off switching verizon since the network is better and EVDO is way faster than EDGE. That said if your looking to save some money and get the best bang for your buck your better off with Tmobile. If the service is good in your area go with Tmobile.

butterfly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    7FFBC4F3

I have used just about all carriers; but I find T-mobile to have better plans, better coverage; when it comes to the Blackberry though sometimes they dont have a clue; nevertheless they listen and they work with you; I have had times when I downloaded ringers it is not what I expected, LOL and I call them and they credited me the amount! I have friends that have Cingular and they complain all the time that service is crappy and they are always messing up their Plans....

vyperz no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    240F667B

Hand$ down.. T-Mobile ha$ the BE$T cu$tomer $ervice!~ In the pa$t when I called t-mo'$ BB tech $upport, they were alway$ very helpful and very profe$$ional. I mu$t add that t-mo'$ cu$tomer $ervice rep$ are very polite, patient, and $o in$anely polite!~ Did I $ay polite twice? LOL And they're $o happy!~ That'$ good for all of u$.

A$ for Cingular... I've experienced both good and bad cu$tomer $ervice$. I u$e to have a Cingular cell phone a$ my carrier. I cancelled it becau$e of billing i$$ue$. I can't recall too much, but I ju$t know I wa$ very up$et at Cingular.

At work, we have both Cingular and T-mo BB carrier$. Cingular cu$tomer $ervice rep$ are not a$ polite and patient a$ t-mo rep$. I $ay thi$ from my experience and interaction with them in the pa$t. I felt Cingular wa$ un-organized too, and every email $ent my our Cingular rep took a while for them to re$pond back to u$.

Thi$ i$ more than two cent$, hope thi$ helps.
    vipz o';'o

Pinstack.com ~ where Blackberry Professionals Connect!
    Get your Pinstack Gear here!~

JPIndustrie no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID

Cingular's alright. I'm sure tmo is great as well.

They're all just cell phone providers.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast