Anyone knows how to (if possible at all) to bring over a Vodafone 8707v BB ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

shanghui no está en línea Stack level 1

Changing over from Vodafone (8707v) to Telstra carrier

Advertisement

Anyone knows how to (if possible at all) to bring over a Vodafone 8707v BB to use on a Telstra network (Telstra 3G sim card)? Is it possible to simply enable BES on the sim card without signing up to BB accounts/contracts - where id just pay for data transfers and phone calls in my telstra account? Thanks.

Re: Changing over from Vodafone (8707v) to Telstra carrier

I should mentioned that i have a managed exchange account with webcentral.com.au, with blackberry add-on enabled. and i can't get the vodafone BB to show GPRS in caps.
    Would appreciate any advise. Thanks.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

shanghui, Welcome to PinStack.

Don't know what protocol telstra uses. Is GSM? if so and you get the 8707 unlocked, then you should be able to do so. But you will have to have a blackberry data plan with who ever your carrier is to get the 8707 Data services to work. Do you currently have a Blackberry data plan with Vodafone?. Have you contacted Vodafone to determine why you can't get GPRS on your phone?

Rcbjr
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

Hi Rcbjr. Thanks for the welcome.
    I am using a Telstra sim card with no contract.
    BB Phone was purchased from Vodafone and have been unlocked successfully - Hence i haven't approached Vodafone for assistance, since im not using them as carrier, which also means i don't have a blackberry account with Vodafone.
    I have an managed exchange email account with Webcentral.com.au, with Blackberry add-on enabled. Webcentral says Telstra needs to 'enable BES services on the sim card (which will then give me the magic GPRS icon), and i shouldn't have to sign up to any plans with telstra'. That has been contrary from what telstra is telling me.

Hence hoping anyone out there who might have had a similar attempt and can confirm Telstra's legitimacy.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

I don't Know what relationship Webcentral has with RIM but you need access to the RIM network to get any data services. This requires getting a Blackberry Data Plan from a carrier, Telstra in your case. Sounds lik Webcentral is a Hosted BES provider, and not a Cellular Provider.

Hope this helps.
    Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles