Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

i've got a cdma curve i'm trying to activate on alltel and i get the ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

milldog no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

i've got a cdma curve i'm trying to activate on alltel and i get the "registered to another provider error" so they can't get my internet going on the phone it was an unbranded phone so i have no idea of the original carrier, if anyone knows how or can release the pin for me i will definitely donate or pay them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.---nevermind i got it fixed
    Last edited by milldog; 08-16-2008 at 07:20 PM. Reason: I'm a dummy

Nevermind i got it fixed thanks anyway though

rsunarya no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi everyone,
    I have a problem here. I bought a 8110 for my wife off ebay. The previous owner claimed she got it as an upgrade and has never been used for BIS/BES as she doesnt have a BB daya plan. When i bought it it was still locked to the o2 UK network. It was used for a short period (bout 1 month) with anothe o2 SIM card. Now the device has been UNLOCKED and is used with another carrier. My wife has since signed up for a BIS account. The problem is it just wont work, it cannot connect to the BB server (gprs in lower case). Tried just about everyhting including wiping the device. Is this related to the whole PIN releasing stuff? Or is there some other problem I should be aware of?
    THanks for any helpful inputs
    Last edited by rsunarya; 08-18-2008 at 08:45 AM.

i know it may sound dumb but with my cdma i got it to work by double checking that registration # on the bb was the same as the provider i was using..i had it for the old provider initially and i couldn't get connected to bis,,when i changed it it worked like a charm...just my .02

Hi Milldog,
    Could elaborate more by what you mean with the registration number? Sorry if its actually something really obvious that im unaware of

Cheers

I don't think noncdma phones have reg identifier have you tried logging on to bis? See if it will let you even logon

well she can login to the BIS website (set up accounts,filters etc). Its just the device wont connect to the BB service cause the gprs is always in lower case. Im quite frustrated really, couldnt figure out whats wrong with it

I'm no expert but that doesn't sound like a bis problem but more like a problem with data provisioning on the phone can she use other data services on the phone?

a place you might check that has good info is howard forums..there are alot of people on there that do programming and stuff like that someone on there might could help you get your data working..

Thanks a lot for your tips milldog, i'll check it out

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12