Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, I have an UNLOCKED Cingular BlackBerry 8800 which has been working great for months ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

mikeg89 no está en línea Stack level 2

Changing BIS Providers

Advertisement

Hi,

I have an UNLOCKED Cingular BlackBerry 8800 which has been working great for months on the FIDO network in Canada. I am currently roaming overseas in Europe, and don't want to accumulate massive roaming charges so I picked up an Italian SIM Card and got BIS on it.

I have cancelled my BIS with FIDO, and have had my PIN removed from their system.

When I attempt to register my handset with TIM (Italian Provider) I get an error message :

"This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider"

I have been going back and forth with FIDO for 5 days now, and even got them to stick in a ticket to RIM. They say everything is fine on their end. My PIN is supposedly released, and I'm left stuck here with nowhere to go.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what to do next ??

Thanks very much,
    mikeg89

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

Re: Changing BIS Providers

Sorry. You BB is not fully unlocked. You'll need to call Fido about this. They will have to contact RIM and to release the PIN.

You'll also need to obtain the subsidy unlock code from Fido. That phone is tied to their servce, and if you want to use it with another provider you'll have to get it unlocked. They may only give you the code if you paid full price for the phone and not via service rebates etc.

If so you can unlock via www.gsmphonesource.com or any other unlocking service you trust.

Hope this helps

Hi Hayden,

I have contacted FIDO multiple times, and they have said there is nothing they can ( or maybe will ? ) do. FIDO brought up the fact that my phone is an unlocked cingular blackberry 8800, and not an officially supported FIDO device.

I have called RIM directly and asked them to release the PIN, and they told me its up to FIDO.
    FIDO has told me that my PIN is not in the system at all.

When I got this phone, it was locked to cingular. I paid cellunlock.net to unlock it for me, and was able to use it on FIDO. I was told it was unlocked for use anywhere in the world. Are you saying that since I joined up to FIDO, they have re-locked it? Or am I misunderstanding you? Perhaps it was unlocked for North America, but not INTL use ?

Thanks very much,
    mikeg89

eatmypiano no está en línea BES Pro

"This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider" is a BIS error, not a device message. We just need to zero the PIN on the BIS account. Someone will be along to do that in a minute...

Oh, hang on, that's me...

bodelafela no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2042E4C9

Quote Originally Posted by eatmypiano
    "This BlackBerry is registered with a different service provider. Please re-register this BlackBerry and verify the URL matches the one provided by your service provider" is a BIS error, not a device message. We just need to zero the PIN on the BIS account. Someone will be along to do that in a minute...

Hi , Steve ( Eatmypiano) , mate i need your help, ive tried to post messages earlier but i have no way of contact you directly as i do not have 10 posts as yet.
    I get the above message when i try to register for the new BES service , for a pearl 8100 i got in HK
    Please please help , you seem to be my last hope as RIM and T-Mobile Germany (who the pin seems to be locked to) dont want to help

Please message me on this forum or email please cheers

Prince

pierre626 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2028B9F

To the OP,

How did you go about getting a Local sim with BIS enabled,did you take out a new contract or?

I'm going to italy soon for a while, thats all. (Only a month)

ze7
    ze7 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hi!
    I'm getting the same error on my portuguese provider (TMN). How can i zero the PIN ?

tks

Quote Originally Posted by eatmypiano

wailand no está en línea Stack level 1

Folks,

Sorry to be requesting the same information/assistance as the previous posters, however it seems that the solution to this problem is the intervention of goodly people.

I have the exact same issue as the OP (save and except different carriers), how can I get my PIN zeroed?

Please help

Quote Originally Posted by eatmypiano View Post

gmoney99 no está en línea Stack level 1

These have been very helpful

MAXSquared no está en línea Stack level 3

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ someone I know had the same problem, they got their bb on ebay and the pin is already locked to another bis account, luckily when they contacted the service provider, the original owner was on the same network as my friend and they released the pin for them. In most cases, it's the seller's responsibility to release the pin first before selling the phone. Mikeg, for your problem, if you can still log onto your fido's bis page, do so and release it from their, all the rest, send it back to the seller, and if you got yours on ebay, leave a bad comment.

beautyann28 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hi eatmypiano

can you help me too please? I have the same problem.

Thank you!

supaman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Have you tried to do Host Routing Table(Options Advanced Options HR Table) to see if the phone is getting a capital edge and has communicated with the RIM relay server? other wise you wont be able to set up a new account. or PM me your pin and i can check it.

bam1234 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hello...
    I'm from Thailand. Can you release pin for me?

Imei : 358281.01.639273.4

Pin : 2531C360

If anyone can help, I'm appreciated very much. I have no where to go.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre626 View Post
    To the OP,

How did you go about getting a Local sim with BIS enabled,did you take out a new contract or?

I'm going to italy soon for a while, thats all. (Only a month)

sorry missed this post.. yes Telecom Italia has prepaid SIM cards .. you can get BIS for 10 euros a month with 500mb of transfer.. its a great option!

rory2g no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Quote Originally Posted by supaman View Post
    Have you tried to do Host Routing Table(Options Advanced Options HR Table) to see if the phone is getting a capital edge and has communicated with the RIM relay server? other wise you wont be able to set up a new account. or PM me your pin and i can check it.

what exactly is that supaman ??? or what do u mena by that ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast