Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 when do you think som good ROMs will be out? Not ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    when do you think som good ROMs will be out?
    Not really sure... there's a CyanogenMOD beta ROM out for the European Galaxy S, but that won't do anything for ours. It will take some guys working specfically on US versions of the Galaxy S, probably even specifically on the CS version; I've read some about the Mesmerize, and it's file structure is different than the Fascinate, so even the close to stock Fascinate ROMs won't work on it... I'm guessing the same is the case for the CS Galaxy.

On the bright side, I haven't found anything I don't like about it so far, I'm even really liking the TouchWhiz UI a LOT... probably like it more than Sense, for that matter.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Not really sure... there's a CyanogenMOD beta ROM out for the European Galaxy S, but that won't do anything for ours. It will take some guys working specfically on US versions of the Galaxy S, probably even specifically on the CS version; I've read some about the Mesmerize, and it's file structure is different than the Fascinate, so even the close to stock Fascinate ROMs won't work on it... I'm guessing the same is the case for the CS Galaxy.

On the bright side, I haven't found anything I don't like about it so far, I'm even really liking the TouchWhiz UI a LOT... probably like it more than Sense, for that matter.
    So you just done it to see if it worked?

So you just done it to see if it worked?
    LOL, yeah, basically for that and for an app or 2 that I use which require it
    Last edited by jbreakfield; 11-19-2010 at 01:45 AM.

Let me start off by saying that there is NO REASON whatsoever to do this ... the Galaxy S is an awesome phone right out of the box, there aren't any custom ROMs yet, or even a custom boot recovery.
    But...
    Being the tinker-freak that I am, I couldn't stand it, so I tried the root app that works for the Mesmerize, and quite a few other phones
    The app is called Z4root, and it worked like a charm... literally 1 click, less than a minute later Galaxy S is rooted with SuperUser permissions.

*Standard disclaimer* Don't try this unless you completely understand what you're doing to your phone, the responsibility is on you to research the subject, etc, etc, etc...
    got it rooted... yay... um... now we just need a rom lol
    Last edited by kylemcdonald87; 11-19-2010 at 02:01 AM.

Let me start off by saying that there is NO REASON whatsoever to do this ... the Galaxy S is an awesome phone right out of the box, there aren't any custom ROMs yet, or even a custom boot recovery.
    But...
    Being the tinker-freak that I am, I couldn't stand it, so I tried the root app that works for the Mesmerize, and quite a few other phones
    The app is called Z4root, and it worked like a charm... literally 1 click, less than a minute later Galaxy S is rooted with SuperUser permissions.

*Standard disclaimer* Don't try this unless you completely understand what you're doing to your phone, the responsibility is on you to research the subject, etc, etc, etc...
    By the way... once you've rooted with Z4root, the app has a 1-click "Un-root" to take you back to stock.

seems to just sit there on mine...
    Took a couple minutes, and mine was done...

kyle, cool...
    check your pm

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Well I leave for a few day and come back to number 8 with almost everyone on a Galaxy. I can't get one until 2012
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl1225 View Post
    Cured? And I was gonna see if you wanted to buy an '82 Fender Cherry Sunburst Lead III. Aw. Guess I'm too late. Bwahah...I saw that twitch. (Love that website! Cured, hunh? You're either in denial or broke! I'm broke. There is no cure!) Don't know anything about Windows moblie, but one word says it all: Windows. There's your answer.
    I bet its a nice guitar. What do you want for it? I got a buddy that is easily persuaded to buy guitars.

rnelson989 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Just picked up me and the wifes galaxies a few hours ago. Wow is a good way to sum it up...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Phyl1225 View Post
    I live 1/4 mi from a tower and my Galaxy does it too, but it seems to make no difference in my connection. BB has done the same thing for the last 3 or so months. (SOSO Ms?? For real? Ha. My mother was born there! Ever been to Summerland?)
    My wife's galaxy shows the D symbol also on the signal icon. Not sure exactly what the D means but the data seems quirky on the device. My wife was complaining about facebook connectivity issues with the facebook app, also with youtube app.Facebook also gives so kinda connectivity error, then if you try again it works fine. Its not the facebook app thats the problem b/c it works fine on my phone I started playing around with it and noticed the data being quirky like she said. I opened the default browser and tried another browser and if you steadily click links on web pages you get the "page cannot be displayed message." Click refresh and it's fine. I get this no matter what website i'm on. I may click on a link and it work fine - then i may click on anther link and get the page cannot be displayed message. It seems like the data drops on this phone. I have tried *228 and tried a factory reset and still the same issues. ?

Pmarshall: have ya'll had any complaints similar to what i explained above about the data being quirky?
    Last edited by geetarman; 11-20-2010 at 02:28 AM.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    My wife's galaxy shows the D symbol also on the signal icon. Not sure exactly what the D means but the data seems quirky on the device. My wife was complaining about facebook connectivity issues with the facebook app, also with youtube app.Facebook also gives so kinda connectivity error, then if you try again it works fine. Its not the facebook app thats the problem b/c it works fine on my phone I started playing around with it and noticed the data being quirky like she said. I opened the default browser and tried another browser and if you steadily click links on web pages you get the "page cannot be displayed message." Click refresh and it's fine. I get this no matter what website i'm on. I may click on a link and it work fine - then i may click on anther link and get the page cannot be displayed message. It seems like the data drops on this phone. I have tried *228 and tried a factory reset and still the same issues. ?

Pmarshall: have ya'll had any complaints similar to what i explained above about the data being quirky?
    This is my exact issue I have no problem with phone calls or text but data is off just as you explained. Hope this is a fixable issure.

crackaberry no está en línea Stack level 3
    The d on you're galaxy means no data. The problem your experiencing it not just related to c.s. Verizon is also having issues with there version also. Google Samsung galaxy reception issues.

From what I've noticed the D means no data is being transfered at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    This is my exact issue I have no problem with phone calls or text but data is off just as you explained. Hope this is a fixable issure.
    I went ahead and put a call in regarding this issue so it could be documented on our account. The cell south tech support person i talked to said my call was the first report of this problem ( i may be wrong, but for some reason i feel like they lied about that but i will give them the benefit of the doubt) I hope this problem gets fixed b/c its pretty annoying, but other than the data issue the samsung is a pretty cool phone.

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast