Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 626364656667
Like Tree1Likes

Well I broke down and got the new iPhone. Yes even after all the work ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Well I broke down and got the new iPhone. Yes even after all the work to get ICS to work on my galaxy. So here is my first thoughts. It is awesome but flat out stinks. Why? Well the speed is awesome. Web browsing is way faster then android. Typing is easier for me. Overall everything is better. If you need personalization then stick with android. What makes me strongly consider turning it back in for an android is that I can't tether my laptop or use it as a hotspot. It has the feature but cspire won't let me access it. I'm very upset because I know cspire mployees that can do that with their iPhone. And I cannot download from the net. For instance, I can't download music even music I pay for from websites. Also I can't use it to store files and I can't explore the memory for files saved. I'm thinking it's time to go back to android.

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    Well I broke down and got the new iPhone. Yes even after all the work to get ICS to work on my galaxy. So here is my first thoughts. It is awesome but flat out stinks. Why? Well the speed is awesome. Web browsing is way faster then android. Typing is easier for me. Overall everything is better. If you need personalization then stick with android. What makes me strongly consider turning it back in for an android is that I can't tether my laptop or use it as a hotspot. It has the feature but cspire won't let me access it. I'm very upset because I know cspire mployees that can do that with their iPhone. And I cannot download from the net. For instance, I can't download music even music I pay for from websites. Also I can't use it to store files and I can't explore the memory for files saved. I'm thinking it's time to go back to android.
    you simply need to jailbreak your phone.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    you simply need to jailbreak your phone.
    Well from what I have seen on this sites main page, the jailbreak is only able to be used if you have a Mac. Also since I can't tether my laptop I can't download it until I go somewhere that has wifi. Will jail breaking allow me to use the iPhone as a wifi hotspot?

catstide no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    wut?
    you're right on t`he mac part. PC version should be coming out soon...maybe this weekend.

yes you can tether with a JB.
    lighten up...life's too short

my favorite cydia apps and hacks

PIN/ID
    Apple
    Goodreader=File storage,web downloads, just about anything you want to do, this app can do it. It also links to any email or cloud storage account so you can transfer files to and from.
    iDownload Pro=download any file from the web, use this mainly for your music.
    Tethering is something, as you said, that's something that's through your carrier. unless you jailbreak there isn't a way that I know of.

Hope this helps. Any questions, please ask.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Well from what I have seen on this sites main page, the jailbreak is only able to be used if you have a Mac. Also since I can't tether my laptop I can't download it until I go somewhere that has wifi. Will jail breaking allow me to use the iPhone as a wifi hotspot?
    I jailbroke mine with Absinthe and I have a PC.

After you get that done, you will be able to do alot of what you have complaints with. Mywi will solve your tethering problem, and there are themes that you can use to get a more custom look. If you want to go far enough with it you can even get quasi HTC sense widgets (I have not done this, but have seen it).

Lots of other features out there in the jailbreak world. Give it a look.

I highly recommend doing it. It is as easy or easier than the rooting most of us are familiar with.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Continued here.

Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 626364656667