Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by WAMAM currently running build 4, so for, very smooth I flashed 2 ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by WAMAM View Post
    currently running build 4, so for, very smooth

I flashed 2 first, as suggested at rootz, then 4
    then gapps 7.1, then gapps fixer
    Build 5 went up yesterday... I should be flashing it sometime today.

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Build 5 went up yesterday... I should be flashing it sometime today.
    I got it flashed, late last night, (build 5)
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I got it flashed, late last night, (build 5)
    Does build 5 allow for using your phone as a wifi hotspot? I was using build 4 and loving it but I was unable to use it to tether my laptop or my sons ipod. I tried all the wirless tether apps for root users but none would work after flashing to build 4. Everything else about it I love but I have to have the ability to use my phone as a wifi hotspot.

Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    Does build 5 allow for using your phone as a wifi hotspot? I was using build 4 and loving it but I was unable to use it to tether my laptop or my sons ipod. I tried all the wirless tether apps for root users but none would work after flashing to build 4. Everything else about it I love but I have to have the ability to use my phone as a wifi hotspot.
    Download this: on your Showcase or copy over from pc to sd card
    http://android-wifi-tether.googlecod...3_1-pre111.apk

install it, open it,menu settings, change device profile, samsung galaxy nexus gsm and your Your hotspot will work
    this worked fine for me, on my laptop right now
    Last edited by WAMAM; 01-16-2012 at 12:17 AM.

Download this: on your Showcase or copy over from pc to sd card
    http://android-wifi-tether.googlecod...3_1-pre111.apk

install it, open it,menu settings, change device profile, samsung galaxy nexus gsm and your Your hotspot will work
    this worked fine for me, on my laptop right now
    Thanks! That works great! Any idea how to fix not being able to send text messages?

Thanks! That works great! Any idea how to fix not being able to send text messages?
    I copied this from Rootz, worked for me

If You dont have terminal emulator, download from market, type this below, make sure
    you have the spaces correct:

setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage hit enter then reboot

I copied this from Rootz, worked for me

If You dont have terminal emulator, download from market, type this below, make sure
    you have the spaces correct:

setprop persist.sys.usb.config mass_storage hit enter then reboot
    Well unless i have done it wrong, that did not work for me. I can send texts but the message does not go thgrough. Just shows up that I sent a blank text. Cannot receive texts. I'll keep searching for a fix. Thanks for your help.

Well unless i have done it wrong, that did not work for me. I can send texts but the message does not go thgrough. Just shows up that I sent a blank text. Cannot receive texts. I'll keep searching for a fix. Thanks for your help.
    my bad, that was the usb/ mount card fix
    I haven't had any text problems, if i find something I will let you know

I've had no issues with texting, either. Just to confirm, you downloaded the version that was modified for use with CSpire?
    Couple of other questions: what was the last ROM you were using before installing ICS? what radio you are on? (settings-about phone-Baseband version)

I've had no issues with texting, either. Just to confirm, you downloaded the version that was modified for use with CSpire?
    Couple of other questions: what was the last ROM you were using before installing ICS? what radio you are on? (settings-about phone-Baseband version)
    Before installing ICS i was on a rooted version of 2.3 (EI20). When I attempted to install over that it would give me error messages. So using odin I went back to the 2.2 version (EE25). Then I flashed ICS build 2. Then rebooted, wiped cache, dalvik, and user data. Then flashed ICS build 5. Then gapps then gapps fixer. After that not working I went back to EE25 and started over. The last time I installed build 2, then build 4, then build 5. Between each build I wiped cache, dalvik, and user data and rebooted. Yes, I did scroll down and get the build modified for cspire. Maybe I downloaded a corrupted file. I can always try downloading everything and starting from scratch.

Before installing ICS i was on a rooted version of 2.3 (EI20). When I attempted to install over that it would give me error messages. So using odin I went back to the 2.2 version (EE25). Then I flashed ICS build 2. Then rebooted, wiped cache, dalvik, and user data. Then flashed ICS build 5. Then gapps then gapps fixer. After that not working I went back to EE25 and started over. The last time I installed build 2, then build 4, then build 5. Between each build I wiped cache, dalvik, and user data and rebooted. Yes, I did scroll down and get the build modified for cspire. Maybe I downloaded a corrupted file. I can always try downloading everything and starting from scratch.
    So, if I understand correctly, you're on the EE25 radio now? Try flashing just the CS EI20 radio in Odin... not sure if that will work, but I know that's the radio that I'm using. Worth a shot before starting over from scratch.

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    anyone got a link for the ics update?

Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    anyone got a link for the ics update?
    The link for the ICS ROM that's modified for CSpire is here: ICS for Showcase
    You probably will want to read up on the Fascinate version, that this one was modified from.

So, if I understand correctly, you're on the EE25 radio now? Try flashing just the CS EI20 radio in Odin... not sure if that will work, but I know that's the radio that I'm using. Worth a shot before starting over from scratch.
    Thanks! That worked!

teoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    I really wish we would get the Samsung Galaxy Note. Or the Journal, as it will be called at Verizon it appears. It's getting a release on most major carriers.

It's huge. I would personally like the tablet meets phone aspect of it, tho I know not all would and a lot of reviewers for it have said they felt odd with it against their head to take a call. But I want it!