Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 6061626364656667 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by cyberwaste Ha Ha this is funny I know a bunch of folks ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    Ha Ha this is funny I know a bunch of folks that just upgraded to the X and now they go and release the dual core version in the X2. All the android devices that hit the market month after month make me happy I went Iphone.
    I know several who just upgraded to the X while it was offered for free... it's interesting that there really hasn't been much press about them getting this phone, but I suppose it's just a replacement for the X; I'm guessing that Moto doesn't even produce the X any longer.

I will stick with my Android, though.

teoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    C Spire seems to have frozen in place, tbh, when it comes to marketing their Android lineup since they got the iPhone. And do Windows phones even exist to them anymore? Seems not. And why rush 4G LTE when their new flagship phone can't use it? Wouldn't be a wild theory to assume that 4G LTE took a backseat to C Spire when the iPhone 4S became a reality for them, and it will come sometime in the first half of the year now.

Given C Spire's crappy track record for getting new phones in a timely manner, what is the theory on when the next iPhone variant comes out next year? I've heard July 2012 is a very possible release time frame for the iPhone 5, since Apple always has their world developers conference in June, and most of the iPhones came out shortly after that until this year with the 4S.

Do ya'll think C Spire will get the next version as quickly as they did the 4S? I may get that. I can't upgrade till then anyway and I've always wanted to try an iPhone as my main phone for at least a while.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    CS's partner for the 4G LTE launch is Samsung. In fact Samsung is the supplier and partner they are utilizing to build the LTE network. I think they made Samsung very perturbed when they got in bed with Apple and launched the iPhone. This was bound to have an effect on the LET roll-out. I know this has made me completely change my upgrade plans. I am eligible for an upgrade now, and I was waiting for LTE & Samsung's new phone to pull the trigger on the upgrade, but now I am going to wait for the iPhone 5. I know several people that were waiting on LTE that went ahead an upgraded to the iPhone.

Also, rarely does a project like launching and LTE network occur within the expected timeline in the communications business. That why I was surprised to see that CS and Samsung stated a completion time-frame in the November 2010 announcement. Just relatively simple changes to a network, such as a QOS (Quality of Service) rule can have disastrous effects to the whole network. I would have been more surprised to see the LTE launch occur within the stated time frame, than to see a delay.

Is is just me or has anyone else noticed that in the last couple of months or so the network has been receiving major changes that have brought down complete towers for short one to two hour periods? One night I was roaming in Cleveland, which tells me that the area towers were completely down for a period. Around the same time I was constantly moving in and out of 3G service. Everything has now stabilized again so I assume that they have upgraded the components that needed upgrading. Or maybe they were just replacing a faulty component.

I fully expect CS to roll-out LTE and new 4G Android phones in their definition of a "Soon" time-frame, which, I hope Q1 2012. Then I expect to see CS to release the iPhone 5 in time for next year's "Holiday" buying season. I would be surprised to see it any time sooner. Epically, given the fact that I feel that Apple will not launched the iPhone 5 until the September time-frame.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Anybody else upgraded their Galaxy S phones to 2.3.5? I did it last Wednesday and have the following observations

1. Like the continuous flow of the home screen and app drawer now. Never did understand why it didn't just roll on back around.
    2. Battery life might be a little better, but not much.
    3. Outlook mail does seem to sync better, deletes faster
    4. Text messages with pictures are coming in much faster than before, also send them is better
    5. Some changes to the notification bar, etc, not a big deal here.

Holding out for the GII now hopefully it will be released in the next 4 weeks from what I hear. Much better battery life from what I hear. Don't really want to go back to a iPhone.

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    Anybody else upgraded their Galaxy S phones to 2.3.5? I did it last Wednesday and have the following observations

1. Like the continuous flow of the home screen and app drawer now. Never did understand why it didn't just roll on back around.
    2. Battery life might be a little better, but not much.
    3. Outlook mail does seem to sync better, deletes faster
    4. Text messages with pictures are coming in much faster than before, also send them is better
    5. Some changes to the notification bar, etc, not a big deal here.

Holding out for the GII now hopefully it will be released in the next 4 weeks from what I hear. Much better battery life from what I hear. Don't really want to go back to a iPhone.
    Hope you're right about 4 weeks on the sg2 because I'm so ready for it

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    Hope you're right about 4 weeks on the sg2 because I'm so ready for it
    If it's LTE me too!!

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    CS might have put a hold on deployment pending the outcome of AT&T's attempt to influence the implementation plans of the lower 700mHz spectrum.

http://gigaom.com/broadband/att-awfu...laims-to-need/

Also, Eveidently CS was back working on the tower(s) in/around Cleveland yesterday and last night as yesterday I was periodically going to 1x and last night at around midnight, I started roaming.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Wonder how much, or if it will ever be stated, CS spent to get the iphone? I thought that might have curtailed their LTE plans, but probably not. Also, I'm leaning toward the iphone, but the SG2 sounds good too. I also love the looks of the Motorola Razr.

not sure what they spent on the iPhone but sure it was a lot considering what other companies have spent to get it. Just hope they keep pushing Android as well.

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone flashed the ICS upgrade? If so, how did you make it work?

I thought about trying it on my old galaxy, but haven't had time yet. I have everything downloaded, just got to try it out. I haven't been able to root the 2.3.5 update on my newer galaxy.

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    checkout jbreakfield post, 929
    it worked fine for Me

Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    I thought about trying it on my old galaxy, but haven't had time yet. I have everything downloaded, just got to try it out. I haven't been able to root the 2.3.5 update on my newer galaxy.
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    I've been using ICS on my Galaxy since late November, and the latest build runs very well. It is still and Alpha build though, so not everything works perfectly. That said, it is my current daily driver.

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    currently running build 4, so for, very smooth

I flashed 2 first, as suggested at rootz, then 4
    then gapps 7.1, then gapps fixer
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE