Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 57585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by pound24 I heard after the 2.3 update reception got way better Reception ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    I heard after the 2.3 update reception got way better
    Reception is definitely better with the EH09 radio... not sure I would say way better, but any improvement is good!

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey all. I just got the 2.3 update for my Galaxy. I am loving it. Way faster so far. Unfortunately now that I have upgraded I do not have root access. I did nothing more then run superoneclick in order to be able to use wireless tether. Does anyone know if superoneclick works with 2.3? I am at work and unable to try it out so I figured I'd ask and see if anyone knows. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    Hey all. I just got the 2.3 update for my Galaxy. I am loving it. Way faster so far. Unfortunately now that I have upgraded I do not have root access. I did nothing more then run superoneclick in order to be able to use wireless tether. Does anyone know if superoneclick works with 2.3? I am at work and unable to try it out so I figured I'd ask and see if anyone knows. Thanks!
    From what I've read, superoneclick doesn't work with 2.3. I flashed a leaked pre-rooted version a while back on mine. I did see this post at XDA that I believe will get you what you want with stock, though.

Root CS 2.3.5

Didn't use it myself, but I know it's worked for a couple of folks.

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    From what I've read, superoneclick doesn't work with 2.3. I flashed a leaked pre-rooted version a while back on mine. I did see this post at XDA that I believe will get you what you want with stock, though.

Root CS 2.3.5

Didn't use it myself, but I know it's worked for a couple of folks.
    Hey Thank You!!! I am just now replying because I just now got this to work. It took forever before I was able to find a browser that would let me download the files without saying "not supported on device". The steps he lists in your link were perfect. Works like a charm! Again Thank You very much.

Hey Thank You!!! I am just now replying because I just now got this to work. It took forever before I was able to find a browser that would let me download the files without saying "not supported on device". The steps he lists in your link were perfect. Works like a charm! Again Thank You very much.
    Great, glad you got it working!

If you ever want to try a custom ROM, you should take a look at the CS version of TSM Resurrection... everything works, and then some, and it's got some really nice customization as well. There are also some custom kernels available that are very nice.

If you ever want to try a custom ROM, you should take a look at the CS version of TSM Resurrection... everything works, and then some, and it's got some really nice customization as well. There are also some custom kernels available that are very nice.
    Hey man! Thanks for the info! I have downloaded and flashed the TSM rom and it is amazing! Thanks again!

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3

how is the batt life with that rom?

Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    how is the batt life with that rom?
    The rom is awesome looking and has some great customizations. However, the battery life isn't near as good as the stock 2.3 from cspire. Also, I am getting a periodic reboot. The phone will freeze and then reboot. I read through the forum where I got the rom and saw no mention of that. I'm torn between this rom and the stock one. Wish I had made a backup but at the same time I'm really liking it.

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    The rom is awesome looking and has some great customizations. However, the battery life isn't near as good as the stock 2.3 from cspire. Also, I am getting a periodic reboot. The phone will freeze and then reboot. I read through the forum where I got the rom and saw no mention of that. I'm torn between this rom and the stock one. Wish I had made a backup but at the same time I'm really liking it.
    that sucks i had that problem with a 2.2 rom i was using also it would get stuck in airplane mode for like 10mins think i better go with the cs 2.3

I understand but let me add I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff so I may have done something wrong during the install. But I may see if I can flash back. I'm still thinking about it.

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    robocross72, I have the awesome sauce rom, from the same sight,
    V4 with add on V6 works great, very fast, good battery life,
    I haven't found any better so for
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

Quote Originally Posted by WAMAM View Post
    robocross72, I have the awesome sauce rom, from the same sight,
    V4 with add on V6 works great, very fast, good battery life,
    I haven't found any better so for
    WAMAM, do you have MMS? Does it work with Awesome Sauce? That's one reason I started using TSM Resurrection.

What sort of battery life are you getting compared to stock? I have not had the freeze/reboot issue, although I do have some issues with the screen freezing (I had these issues with stock also, though).
    There are some custom kernels that you can use with any of these ROMs that will most likely improve battery life. One of these custom kernels is built into the Awesome Sauce rom that WAMAM is talking about. You may consider trying one of those.

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    I do have MMS, I tried all the versions on AW. but V4 has worked best for me

WAMAM, do you have MMS? Does it work with Awesome Sauce? That's one reason I started using TSM Resurrection.
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    OK I have decided that I am sick and tired of the memory limit of 2.1 on the Desire. I have re-rooted and am starting to try out different ROMS.

Just tried to load CanogenMod 7, for CDMA Desire, but it is not booting completely. It seems to hang during the Animation screen.

Does anyone have any suggestions of a with the following capabilities:
    1. Must not have any issues with signal, roaming, GPS
    2. Must be 2.2 or greater
    3. Would like battery life to be at least as good as stock CS ROM.
    3. Would prefer a HTC Sense based ROM.

Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by fd59; 11-11-2011 at 02:42 AM.