Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I put a call into my CS rep to ask about this. I ll post ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I put a call into my CS rep to ask about this. I ll post what he says

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    I noticed there was an Opt Out for tethering option as well. So it appears that they will offer a tethering option at some point soon.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Sounds like a bunch of tiered pricing BS to me. So much for the "True Unlimited" plan....

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    According to Customer Service there will be no changes, including the streaming data portion, unless you change your plan.
    deltascrew likes this.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    From the reading of the plans this may be the nail in CS coffin. The thing I find funny is reading the facebook page they have no clue what they are talking about, it's like cspire doesn't even understand the changes being made.

At this point I project buy summer of next year they will lose alot of customers.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2

Bad change

I would also say this is a step backwards. If they do not set the prices at about the same as MetroPCS and Cricket they will not gain customers. It looks like they want to gain more revenue with less customers.

This will not be the end of the company, but it is going to take a while to recover from this.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Dont know how many of you are using the HTC 7 pro, but you can force the update to Mango using the method below.

Or at least I think. I am about halfway through the process.

Before we begin, keep in mind that a total of three updates must be installed on the path to Mango: 7392, 7403, and 7720, which is Mango itself. The process will take a while. Some people may already have 7392, in which case things will move a bit faster. I also recommend removing any music and unessential apps from the phone beforehand, as that can significantly cut down on the time it takes to backup and restore the phone's data.
    Steps to force a Mango update on phones for which Mango has started rolling out:
    Connect your Windows Phone to a PC and launch the Zune software
    Click on Phone > Settings > Update. Allow the software to tell you whether an update is available. If so, skip this guide. If not continue to the next step.
    Time to force the update. Click another button (any of the options above or below the word Update). Then click the Update button again, and this time disconnect your computer from the internet after 1-2 seconds. Do this by pulling out the Ethernet cable, disabling Wi-Fi, etc. If it says your phone is already up to date, you didn't disconnect quickly enough and need to try this step again.
    Wait 30 seconds or so and Zune should display a notification that an update is available. This is 7392, the first Mango pre-update.
    Now reconnect to the internet and continue with the update process through the Zune software.
    After 7392 is fully installed, you may receive a notification that another update is available. If so, install it now. If not, proceed to the next step.
    If the second update isn't popping up on its own, repeat steps 3-5, causing the 7403 update to appear.
    Install 7403, brave reader. Speeding right along, isn't it?
    Mango time! At this point, Zune should automatically start installing the last update, 7720, aka Mango. If it doesn't happen automatically, force it like we did in previous steps.
    This last step is very important! Celebrate your phone’s new found Mango status by purchasing a mango smoothie at your nearest Smoothie King, Jamba Juice, Baskin Robbins, or similar establishment.
    Took me a few tries, but once I got it to find the new update (didnt have to do the first three), it seems to be going pretty easily.

The more I use this phone and OS, the more I am impressed with it. I did a review on another site, and I will copy it here in a bit.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

PIN/ID
    ask
    My review from satguys.
    http://www.satelliteguys.us/phone-zo...ne-review.html

My Windows Phone Review
    Well it has been two weeks with my Windows Phone (HTC7 Pro), so I feel that I can finally give a honest review. The new is lessened that gives so many of us the "this is the best" feeling that we get with any new product.

I will say up front that the OS is not perfect by any means. On the other hand, it is much better than I expected based on my past experience with Windows Mobile (which is a totally different animal, even if windows is getting bad feelings off of it still).

I hate the lack of true multi tasking with it coming from an android phone. I dont like having to reopen IM apps to finish a conversation if I had to go do something else. I dont like the lack of IM apps in general. The selection is paltry at best. Nearly all of the big names are lacking. For a name brand OS, to not have name brand IM apps is darn near inexcusable. If they werent available on every major platform....but they are.

As far as other apps, when it comes to stuff that you will actually use, they are not lacking. At least in my experience, and the ones that are there are top notch. Above, in nearly every comparative situation to the android counterparts and at the very least equal to the best iOS versions. I am very impressed with the quality of the apps, even if the quantity is lacking in some cases. Obviously this will change when (if) the platform grows.

I like the fact that there is far less fragmentation than there is with android. It remains to be seen if there will be as streamlined of a process with upgrades (and apps being available for all) as apple gives, but for the most part, hardware so far is equal, so if you can get it, so can I.
    Android is great, but this is one huge flaw for them. Maybe they will fix it, but i am going off of now.

I have had numerous android phones, and have an Ipod touch and an Ipad, so as far as hardware, I have a general idea of what processor can do what with a given operating system.

That said, I will say that among the droids, the snapdragon soc is below the hummingbird, and even the omap used by motorola when you get to the 1 ghz versions.

Running WP7, the exact same chip, is a different beast. It is smoother than both of the above mentioned, which I can only attribute to the OS.
    Anyone that has had or has android, of any version that I have had access to knows that from time to time, there is lag. Not saying that with the best hardware and newer software that it is bad. I am simply saying that it exists.

With iOS, it is virtually non existent, and the same is true with wp7. It is buttery smooth. As good as iOS in this regard? Not yet, but it is close.

All in all, I am highly impressed, with not only the hardware on this phone, it is built like a tank, but mainly with the software. And the live tiles, while not widgets, are a nice compromise between the simple app icon, and the widget.

This is NOT your old windows mobile software. It works, and works well. It is not as customizable as android, but it is a smoother experience.

It is not at the level of iOS when it comes to buttery smoothness, but you can make it more your own.

It is a fantastic compromise that IMO deserves a serious open minded look.
    www.sonicbabble.com

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2

iPhone 4

Well if C Spire (that is hard to say) gets the Iphone, I would bet it will be the hand me down 4 model for around $99.

I do not see them shelling out the money for the 4S model. Also I bet the top three (Verizon, AT&T, & Sprint) have a exclusive on the 4S model.

I think the way that the C Spire system is overloaded in my area, I will try to hold out for a phone with the new 4g LTE on board.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    Well if C Spire (that is hard to say) gets the Iphone, I would bet it will be the hand me down 4 model for around $99.

I do not see them shelling out the money for the 4S model. Also I bet the top three (Verizon, AT&T, & Sprint) have a exclusive on the 4S model.

I think the way that the C Spire system is overloaded in my area, I will try to hold out for a phone with the new 4g LTE on board.
    I am definitely holding out for a 4g LTE phone.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ill look at a 4G phone once they actually turn on 4G in my area. Until then, im good.
    www.sonicbabble.com

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Galaxy S II

Anyone hearing rumors of CS getting the Galaxy SII? I've heard a couple of rumors, and reports that they're in testing.

From what I heard there will be two Samsung 4G phones and one HTC 4G phone when released. The Samsung phones are going to be the Galaxy SII on the High end and a mid-range phone. The HTC is going to be the HTC Kingdom.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    The GS II was listed under the accessories a few days ago so I know its coming. I am going to wait it out till the first of the year I'm still not happy with service so I might jump ship after January.

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    I am currently running the Awesome Sauce Rom on my Showcase
    looks and running great so for
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE