Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 997
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by rod1906 I have to agree, I hope that they have a better ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #856
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    I have to agree, I hope that they have a better phone selection as well. Will it still be cdma technology or cdma/gsm technology? That would really put the icing on the cake!
    I would say that it will stay CDMA with LTE support in the near future. No way they are going to convert every tower they have and redo all of the roaming contracts to get to GSM, with LTE right around the corner.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  2. #857
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    I agree on the name. Sounds too long and drug out. They should have done something like CS Wireless (just off the top of my head) if they wanted to change it.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  3. #858
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433
    Has anyone read that fact sheet on http://www.personalizedwireless.com/ ? I personally don't want a company getting that personal with me to find out how to personalize my apps. Reeks of big brother looking over your shoulder.

  4. #859
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Has anyone read that fact sheet on http://www.personalizedwireless.com/ ? I personally don't want a company getting that personal with me to find out how to personalize my apps. Reeks of big brother looking over your shoulder.
    I read the fact sheet, also, and agree. One of the many articles I read about all this indicated that there would be an "opt in" option for customers for these new services they've come up with.

  5. #860
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    I think I am capable enough to figure out myself, what apps I want or need.
    Last edited by fd59; 09-23-2011 at 09:54 PM.

  6. #861
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Being that it is all opt in, I dont have any problem with it. If I dont want to use it or see no value in it, I will simply not opt in.

    I think it is a nice feature set to add though, many that know little and are new to smartphones might get alot of use out of it.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  7. #862
    deltascrew's Avatar
    deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    184
    Looks like they are now going to charge for streaming. this applies to unlimited plans as well.

    "Free infinite data streaming through October 29. Then 2 hours for $5, 5 hours for $10, infinite per month for $30."
    http://www.cspire.com/shop_and_learn...d=prod27220101

    I hope this will not apply to existing plans

  8. #863
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Yeah I am curious about that as I use sling quite often on my phone.

    Makes sense though and still probably works out better than other options from other carriers where data is tiered no matter how you use it.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  9. #864
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    Looks like they are now going to charge for streaming. this applies to unlimited plans as well.

    "Free infinite data streaming through October 29. Then 2 hours for $5, 5 hours for $10, infinite per month for $30."
    http://www.cspire.com/shop_and_learn...d=prod27220101

    I hope this will not apply to existing plans
    It looks like it does apply to existing plans, but it's hard to tell from the new website. When I log in and look at my existing "Unlimited" plan, there's a new option in the features to "Opt-out" of Streaming Data... this implies to me that they will start charging for streaming data. I'm interested to see how the heck they keep track of that? How do you tell downloaded MB vs. streamed ones?

    EDIT: Looks like when you attempt to stream something, you're going to have to purchase a block of streaming time... at least that's what the description implies. Sheesh, this is going to get confusing. Can we not just have "unlimited" or "infinite" or whatever??

  10. #865
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Yeah I am curious about that as I use sling quite often on my phone.

    Makes sense though and still probably works out better than other options from other carriers where data is tiered no matter how you use it.
    It makes no sense to me. Data is data weather it is streamed or not. I regularly stream radio (up to 4 or 5 hrs a day) and never use above 5 GB in a month. If this is true I'll definitely look into the cost of switching providers as I am no longer under contract.

    I was looking forward to 4G, but at this point in the game I am not as excited because it looks like CS trying to squeeze out more money for less services.

  11. #866
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    I meant makes sense from their perspective as they still get to say that they offer "unlimited or infinite" data without tiers, and can still get revenue from those most likely to use the most data.
    I can see it possibly coming back to haunt them with some customers though and I can also see it becoming confusing.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  12. #867
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I meant makes sense from their perspective as they still get to say that they offer "unlimited or infinite" data without tiers, and can still get revenue from those most likely to use the most data.
    I can see it possibly coming back to haunt them with some customers though and I can also see it becoming confusing.
    But aren't these streaming plans just another way to say Tiered data?
    Let's say that I've been using approximately 3GB/mo, some of it with streaming... before, it was included in my plan, now I'm going to have to pay extra? That's what the pricing seems like, anyway

  13. #868
    deltascrew's Avatar
    deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    184
    I think that they are going to make a lot of people mad if they suddenly stop streaming on existing plans.

  14. #869
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    I think that they are going to make a lot of people mad if they suddenly stop streaming on existing plans.
    I agree, and I hope that I'm reading it wrong. It's gonna piss me off if that's the case. I stream a good bit of Slacker Radio and/or Pandora.

  15. #870
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    But aren't these streaming plans just another way to say Tiered data?
    Let's say that I've been using approximately 3GB/mo, some of it with streaming... before, it was included in my plan, now I'm going to have to pay extra? That's what the pricing seems like, anyway
    Technically it is, but it allows them to advertise infinite "normal" data, and not be accused of false advertisement. Or so it seems to me.

    Still far to new to know exactly what is going to happen here.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •