Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by rod1906 I have to agree, I hope that they have a better ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    I have to agree, I hope that they have a better phone selection as well. Will it still be cdma technology or cdma/gsm technology? That would really put the icing on the cake!
    I would say that it will stay CDMA with LTE support in the near future. No way they are going to convert every tower they have and redo all of the roaming contracts to get to GSM, with LTE right around the corner.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

PIN/ID
    ask
    I agree on the name. Sounds too long and drug out. They should have done something like CS Wireless (just off the top of my head) if they wanted to change it.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone read that fact sheet on http://www.personalizedwireless.com/ ? I personally don't want a company getting that personal with me to find out how to personalize my apps. Reeks of big brother looking over your shoulder.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Has anyone read that fact sheet on http://www.personalizedwireless.com/ ? I personally don't want a company getting that personal with me to find out how to personalize my apps. Reeks of big brother looking over your shoulder.
    I read the fact sheet, also, and agree. One of the many articles I read about all this indicated that there would be an "opt in" option for customers for these new services they've come up with.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think I am capable enough to figure out myself, what apps I want or need.
    Last edited by fd59; 09-23-2011 at 09:54 PM.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Being that it is all opt in, I dont have any problem with it. If I dont want to use it or see no value in it, I will simply not opt in.

I think it is a nice feature set to add though, many that know little and are new to smartphones might get alot of use out of it.
    www.sonicbabble.com

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Looks like they are now going to charge for streaming. this applies to unlimited plans as well.

"Free infinite data streaming through October 29. Then 2 hours for $5, 5 hours for $10, infinite per month for $30."
    http://www.cspire.com/shop_and_learn...d=prod27220101

I hope this will not apply to existing plans

PIN/ID
    ask
    Yeah I am curious about that as I use sling quite often on my phone.

Makes sense though and still probably works out better than other options from other carriers where data is tiered no matter how you use it.
    www.sonicbabble.com

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    Looks like they are now going to charge for streaming. this applies to unlimited plans as well.

"Free infinite data streaming through October 29. Then 2 hours for $5, 5 hours for $10, infinite per month for $30."
    http://www.cspire.com/shop_and_learn...d=prod27220101

I hope this will not apply to existing plans
    It looks like it does apply to existing plans, but it's hard to tell from the new website. When I log in and look at my existing "Unlimited" plan, there's a new option in the features to "Opt-out" of Streaming Data... this implies to me that they will start charging for streaming data. I'm interested to see how the heck they keep track of that? How do you tell downloaded MB vs. streamed ones?

EDIT: Looks like when you attempt to stream something, you're going to have to purchase a block of streaming time... at least that's what the description implies. Sheesh, this is going to get confusing. Can we not just have "unlimited" or "infinite" or whatever??

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Yeah I am curious about that as I use sling quite often on my phone.

Makes sense though and still probably works out better than other options from other carriers where data is tiered no matter how you use it.
    It makes no sense to me. Data is data weather it is streamed or not. I regularly stream radio (up to 4 or 5 hrs a day) and never use above 5 GB in a month. If this is true I'll definitely look into the cost of switching providers as I am no longer under contract.

I was looking forward to 4G, but at this point in the game I am not as excited because it looks like CS trying to squeeze out more money for less services.

PIN/ID
    ask
    I meant makes sense from their perspective as they still get to say that they offer "unlimited or infinite" data without tiers, and can still get revenue from those most likely to use the most data.
    I can see it possibly coming back to haunt them with some customers though and I can also see it becoming confusing.
    www.sonicbabble.com

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I meant makes sense from their perspective as they still get to say that they offer "unlimited or infinite" data without tiers, and can still get revenue from those most likely to use the most data.
    I can see it possibly coming back to haunt them with some customers though and I can also see it becoming confusing.
    But aren't these streaming plans just another way to say Tiered data?
    Let's say that I've been using approximately 3GB/mo, some of it with streaming... before, it was included in my plan, now I'm going to have to pay extra? That's what the pricing seems like, anyway

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think that they are going to make a lot of people mad if they suddenly stop streaming on existing plans.

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    I think that they are going to make a lot of people mad if they suddenly stop streaming on existing plans.
    I agree, and I hope that I'm reading it wrong. It's gonna piss me off if that's the case. I stream a good bit of Slacker Radio and/or Pandora.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    But aren't these streaming plans just another way to say Tiered data?
    Let's say that I've been using approximately 3GB/mo, some of it with streaming... before, it was included in my plan, now I'm going to have to pay extra? That's what the pricing seems like, anyway
    Technically it is, but it allows them to advertise infinite "normal" data, and not be accused of false advertisement. Or so it seems to me.

Still far to new to know exactly what is going to happen here.
    www.sonicbabble.com