Page 57 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5253545556575859606162 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

The way it looks they are going to do a name change. This may be ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2

Store Signs

Advertisement

The way it looks they are going to do a name change. This may be a far fetched thought, but that is what I think.

My thought, with the major expansion into all of Alabama and Tennessee, will they keep the same name?

I think it is good that Cellular South has sued AT&T to block the merger of AT&T and T-Mobile.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-20...=2547-1_3-0-20

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    I think they are about to do some rebranding or something....interesting commercials this weekend. Who knows maybe some new phones as well.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Looks like some sort of big announcement...

Check out here:

http://nems360.com/bookmark/15579893...emek-%EF%BF%BD

And here:

http://www.personalizedwireless.com/

Not sure if these are related, but someone pointed me to it...
    Last edited by jbreakfield; 09-20-2011 at 01:10 PM.

They could be related! I have always thought that Cellular South should be MVMO on a national deal with Sprint, Cricket and Metro PCS and a Local service were they have towers.

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Check out here:

http://nems360.com/bookmark/15579893...emek-%EF%BF%BD

And here:

Not sure if these are related, but someone pointed me to it...
    Last edited by frenchfry; 09-20-2011 at 05:17 PM.

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm just curious, I wonder if Cellular South rebranding could mean some type of merger of some sort. That would be sweet! That could mean a wider selection of phones, as well as, greater expansion throughout the Southeast.

Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    I'm just curious, I wonder if Cellular South rebranding could mean some type of merger of some sort. That would be sweet! That could mean a wider selection of phones, as well as, greater expansion throughout the Southeast.
    Pretty sure CS did recently buy out a smaller carrier (Corr Wireless) that extends over into North Alabama & parts of Georgia... not sure if they've done anything else, though.
    Last edited by jbreakfield; 09-21-2011 at 10:55 AM.

I hope it means better things for CS users.....I swithed from ATT last December and have regretted everyday of it. Sure I love the unlimited plans, but the Galaxy isn't what it was talked up to be.....the battery life sucks, the phone is super buggy, CS has been slow to update. I love the android platform, but wish I had my iphone back all the time. My wife reminds me everyday how much the galaxy sucks. They have been slow to finish upgrading to 3G and now they are talking about LTE, I will believe it when I see it. And my coverage is actually worse in North MS than it was before. Guess I jumped to the wrong ship, but maybe they will make some changes on Monday that will help going forward. If not guess I will be paying some early termination fees cause this ship is slowing sinking.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask

Name change. C Spire Wireless.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

C Spire?? Seriously? Who came up with that name?

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I think the name is horrible. It definitely does NOT flow off the tongue. For me, C Spire is almost painful to say, because it sounds too much like "ceasefire".

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I would be willing to bet that some yankee marketing firm came up with the name. Probably based on research and input from focus groups outside the South.

teoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    They're being raped on Facebook right now. But that's to be expected there.

But just general people aren't going to like the name. My parents are in their 60s and will hate the name/won't understand the need to change it. It really doesn't roll off your tongue as easily as Cellular South does.

I just hope this means they'll get a better selection of phones and improve their network and data speeds soon.

iPhone 5, anyone?

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have to agree, I hope that they have a better phone selection as well. Will it still be cdma technology or cdma/gsm technology? That would really put the icing on the cake!

horrible name choice, I am just hope there is some reason we can opt out after all of this. The worst data speeds, horrible phones, etc they have their work cut out for them. This could be a bad move.