Page 56 of 67 FirstFirst ... 5152535455565758596061 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by mrholder My Motorola Milestone is having some charging issues. If I make ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    My Motorola Milestone is having some charging issues. If I make a warranty claim on it, this will be my fourth claim. What is the process of taking it into the store to get another comparable phone (preferably at no charge)?
    I assume you have tried removing the battery for about 5-10 minutes???

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2

IPhone

I would say with the rumors going wild on the new IPhone coming out next month there is a good chance Cellular South will get it. With the news this week of the rumors that T-Mobile and Sprint will get the IPhone there has to be a chance.

I was said that a while back they would get it in December, I think it will be in November.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Lets look at this from another point - Samsung. Based on the LTE/4G announcement earlier this year, Samsung is building the LTE network and Providing two 4G phones when LTE/4G launches. What that tells me is there will be no other 4G phone (e.g. Iphone5) for at least a few months after the LTE/Samsung 4G launch in Q4.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    I'll have 2.3 before youuuuuuuuuuuu =P and no im not a CS employee before anyone asks
    ahhhhhhhhh

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    My Motorola Milestone is having some charging issues. If I make a warranty claim on it, this will be my fourth claim. What is the process of taking it into the store to get another comparable phone (preferably at no charge)?
    Ok here what the typicaly do on your 4th one they will sometime try to move you to another phone to fix the issues, but it will be within a certain class and will be from there warrenty bin so it depends on what they have in stock. In the milestones class there is the hero and possibly the desire.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    I would say with the rumors going wild on the new IPhone coming out next month there is a good chance Cellular South will get it. With the news this week of the rumors that T-Mobile and Sprint will get the IPhone there has to be a chance.

I was said that a while back they would get it in December, I think it will be in November.
    From talking to a verizon rep there is alot of red tape to getting the iphone from apple also it would seem us cellular would have to get it before we did since they have the same phones we do and there hasn't been anything on them getting it. I will not say we won't see it, I just think it will be highly unlikely.

So anybody know about the services and sign changes they are making at the stores?

albrownlee89 no está en línea Stack level 2

hulu plus

I am curently running Netflix on my htc desire and recently subscribed to hulu and was wanting that app as well.. Any ideas on how to do so??

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Cellular South "out of network" policy

Hey, any of you guys ever have an issue with connecting to another network's towers, even though you are within Cellular South's service area? I got a "warning" that I was using too much data "out of network" even though I haven't been traveling out of CS area... turns out that, according to their quick check, I've been hitting another network's towers somewhere in my home area. They said if it continues, they will cap my data and my minutes!! Mind you, I'm paying for the Unlimited Calls/Data plan, AND I'm not going outside CS's home area, I apparently just happen to have a strong tower for some other network (they didn't say which other network) somewhere close to my house. WTF?!?!

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Hey, any of you guys ever have an issue with connecting to another network's towers, even though you are within Cellular South's service area? I got a "warning" that I was using too much data "out of network" even though I haven't been traveling out of CS area... turns out that, according to their quick check, I've been hitting another network's towers somewhere in my home area. They said if it continues, they will cap my data and my minutes!! Mind you, I'm paying for the Unlimited Calls/Data plan, AND I'm not going outside CS's home area, I apparently just happen to have a strong tower for some other network (they didn't say which other network) somewhere close to my house. WTF?!?!
    You could disable data roaming while you are in the Cellular South Service area. Though, depending on your location and travel requirements, that might be an inconvenience.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    How much data were you using to get flagged?

just curious

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    How much data were you using to get flagged?

just curious
    Well, it wasn't the amount of data that I was using that caused the flag, but the fact that greater than 50% of my data usage was "out of network", in other words my 3G connection was hitting another carrier's tower more than 50% of the time.

Just FYI, the last couple of months, my data usage was around 7GB... but from what I understood, they didn't have a problem with the total amount of data usage, just with the 50% "out of network" issue. They have the same policy if greater than 50% of your voice time is "out of network".

My problem is, I'm not going out of the network, I just happen to be hitting those towers for data. I've got a couple of CS folks looking into this for me, and I'm SUPPOSED to get a call back from someone higher up in Technical Support so that I can discuss it with them.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    do a *228 to update your PRL aka Preferred Roaming List. Having the latest one ensures you roam where ur supposed to and not where ur not supposed to. If you take it up w/ CS and catch some flack with the customer service send me a pm

Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    do a *228 to update your PRL aka Preferred Roaming List. Having the latest one ensures you roam where ur supposed to and not where ur not supposed to. If you take it up w/ CS and catch some flack with the customer service send me a pm
    I do *228 fairly often to make sure I have the latest... that doesn't seem to help. I am catching flack with CS customer service, as after an hour conversation with them on Friday, they wouldn't let me talk to Tier 2 department about it, and they're still saying that I will have to switch carriers within the next month. Sending you a pm...

so anybody got any insite into the new logos on the billboards? Are we changing names?