Page 50 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 997
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by cdavidson8 Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum. I'm a customer of ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #736
    clmartin22's Avatar
    clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    75

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by cdavidson8 View Post
    Hey everyone! I'm new to this forum. I'm a customer of cell south with the Samsung Galaxy S and was wondering if anyone could help me update it from 2.1 to 2.2? I'm completely new to the android phones and am unsure how to "root" my phone or do anything to update it to 2.2. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.
    just got word from CS that they have finally approved the 2.2 update for the galaxy and it should be rolling out to everyone very soon (5-10 days)

  2. #737
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    just got word from CS that they have finally approved the 2.2 update for the galaxy and it should be rolling out to everyone very soon (5-10 days)
    Ahhhh.... The ole "Very Soon" status update. Word of advice... Don't hold your breath, you might suffocate. CS' definition of "very soon" is not the same as the rest of the world.

  3. #738
    frenchfry's Avatar
    frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    97

    Motorola Droid X

    Looks like some of the stores are getting the Motorola Droid X today. Do not know when it will be put on the shelf on online to be bought.

  4. #739
    cyberwaste's Avatar
    cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    Looks like some of the stores are getting the Motorola Droid X today. Do not know when it will be put on the shelf on online to be bought.
    Finally

  5. #740
    frenchfry's Avatar
    frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    97

    Motorola Droid X

    I see the Motorola Droid X is on the cellular south web site for $150 W/ 2 year contract. Or maybe $200 as I do not know the details of the $50 reward card.

    Good to see they finally have. To bad I am 9 months into my current contract.

  6. #741
    cyberwaste's Avatar
    cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    283
    Well I'll be saying good buy to this pos galaxy soon then

  7. #742
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Well you use superoneclick to root the x. Pretty easy .
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  8. #743
    rod1906's Avatar
    rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    135

    New Cell Phones

    I went to a Cellular South store this weekend and I asked one of the sales representatives what new phones were coming. He told me they were going to have a few by August as a back to school promotion. Also, he said there would be a couple more. Furthermore, he stated that there would be a Samsung Galaxy S II by Christmas running 4G. I'm curious to know what some of these other phones might be. I see in the Cellular South rebate section, where the HTC Pro 7 is listed so I know that's in the works.
    I wouldn't be surprised if another Samsung phone wouldn't surface prior to the Galaxy S II. Cellular South is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get next!

  9. #744
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    I went to a Cellular South store this weekend and I asked one of the sales representatives what new phones were coming. He told me they were going to have a few by August as a back to school promotion. Also, he said there would be a couple more. Furthermore, he stated that there would be a Samsung Galaxy S II by Christmas running 4G. I'm curious to know what some of these other phones might be. I see in the Cellular South rebate section, where the HTC Pro 7 is listed so I know that's in the works.
    I wouldn't be surprised if another Samsung phone wouldn't surface prior to the Galaxy S II. Cellular South is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you'll get next!
    Or when you will get them... They are famous for not delivering on stated time lines. BTW.. I currently have a HTC Desire, but don't plan on upgrading until the 4G network and phones get here. Probably sometime in 2012...

  10. #745
    getsugatensho's Avatar
    getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Or when you will get them... They are famous for not delivering on stated time lines. BTW.. I currently have a HTC Desire, but don't plan on upgrading until the 4G network and phones get here. Probably sometime in 2012...
    I have to do that anyway, so I'll be looking for the galaxy s 2
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

  11. #746
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    I should have asked if anyone here was interested in my galaxy first, but it slipped my mind.

    In any case, I listed it on ebay if anyone is interested. I think it is a fantastic starting out deal anyway for what you get.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1156

    Happy bidding if you decide you want it.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  12. #747
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Got the netflix app to load on the X. It isnt in the market, but I found a link that works if anyone gets a rooted X and wants it.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  13. #748
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Hey msmith198025,
    How do you like the X? What didn't you like about the Galaxy?

  14. #749
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    I really like it.

    I really liked the Galaxy as well, and my only problem with it was reception compared to previous phones (motorola being one). So that is the main reason that I decided to go with the X. Had I not had reception issues, I would not have looked at changing so soon.

    I would say that between it, the Galaxy, and the Desire, there is no real "top of the heap" phone. They are all comparable, and are better in some ways than others. It will probably come down to personal preference.

    What I am liking about the X over those is the larger screen. .3 inches doesnt sound like much and if you dont have them side by side it isnt as noticable, but it makes it easier to type.
    The AMOLED screen is more vibrant, but I find the colors on the LCD X screen to be more accurate and pleasing to these eyes. You experience may differ.
    I have found that the hummingbird processor "seems" to be a little more smooth when transitioning between screens. I am not sure if this is because of any actual superiority of the chip or if it is due to MotoBlur (which I have read will SLIGHTLY slow things down. It isnt very noticeable in any case, just mentioning it.

    MotoBlur is not as bad as I was led to believe, and I actually find it pleasing so far. I am sure I will replace it in the near future though.

    As far as fit and finish, well, If you have held a galaxy without a case you know it is plasticky. The X is built more like the original Milestone, which is to say, very well.

    Hope that helps if anyone is thinking about getting one.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  15. #750
    getsugatensho's Avatar
    getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,194
    Its good to see some action on the thread again. Has anyone heard from pmarshall lately? He's been absent quite a while.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •