Page 46 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4142434445464748495051 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by robcross72 Hey I tried that and still nothing. Now my phone is ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    Hey I tried that and still nothing. Now my phone is whacked. Lol! For instance, I keep having to accept the terms of service for the Market and I have to set up my exchange email again and again. Usually every morning after its charged all night. Today I was surfing the net using Dolphin HD and I got the "modem crashed" error message. Im averaging that message about once every two weeks. To answer your question I have Pick-N-Pack version 03. Not sure about the voodoo kernel version. In the process of resetting my phone from the modem crash and total wipe. Is there any way to totally reset and go back to stock. I seem to recall seeing a post somewhere about that. Just having trouble finding it. And as we all know cellsouth will not help me. Because I "rooted" and put the new Rom on my warranty is voided. Oh well. Maybe I will win one of the Desires being given away. Lol! Im almost 100% certain my next phone will be a Blackberry. Im beginning to think Android is an awesome phone but just not for me. And we all know we upgrade these rom's at our own risk. I just hope others dont experience the same. I probably screwed up one small step the first time I flashed the new rom. Oh well, I'm learning. Thanks again for advice! If anyone can point me in the right direction on getting back to stock please let me know.
    I can point you, but I gotta run now... check back later tonight, and I'll give you some info. You're on Froyo, correct, so you used Odin to flash the stock Froyo ROM?
    Also, pm me your email so I can link you the files you need...

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    So it was posted yesterday on CS facebook page (along with the final winner of the 20 desires, thank god) that there would be a special anouncement today. Wonder what it will be? 2.2 finally for the galaxy, htc merge release, or ????.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    So it was posted yesterday on CS facebook page (along with the final winner of the 20 desires, thank god) that there would be a special anouncement today. Wonder what it will be? 2.2 finally for the galaxy, htc merge release, or ????.

What was the announcement? I dont see anything on their website or Fbook page.

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    What was the announcement? I dont see anything on their website or Fbook page.
    Due to there success with the last contest, now there giving away 10 blackberry playbooks.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    Due to there success with the last contest, now there giving away 10 blackberry playbooks.
    I was expecting it to be a new phone or froyo for the galaxy. didn't consider a contest to be a "special announcement"

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I'm confused I understand that Cellular South is going to be getting the HTC Desire 2 & the HTC Wildfire S, I thought that these were GSM frequency phones. Also, does anyone know whether or not the HTC Merge will also have the Android Market besides the Amazon App Store?

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    I was expecting it to be a new phone or froyo for the galaxy. didn't consider a contest to be a "special announcement"
    Agreed. That is not a special announcement. Froyo for the Galaxy would have been a special announcement but we probably won't get that till the world comes to an end.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone figured out how to "unroot" the Desire to be able to apply the standard OTA Froyo update?

Quote Originally Posted by johncpayne View Post
    Agreed. That is not a special announcement. Froyo for the Galaxy would have been a special announcement but we probably won't get that till the world comes to an end.
    Froyo on the Galaxy isn't all it's cracked up to be...

Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Has anyone figured out how to "unroot" the Desire to be able to apply the standard OTA Froyo update?
    I tried and tried but no sucess finally had to warrenty the phone due to another problem now I have 2.2 its not much different just some small tweaks.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    I'm confused I understand that Cellular South is going to be getting the HTC Desire 2 & the HTC Wildfire S, I thought that these were GSM frequency phones. Also, does anyone know whether or not the HTC Merge will also have the Android Market besides the Amazon App Store?
    If you remember, the Desire, and original wildfire were also GSM phones at first, and the name for the European Droid 1 was the Milestone, same as ours.

I would be shocked if the merge did not have the Android Market. Basically, as I understand it, they are simply pre loading the Amazon App store on the phone for you.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    One reason I never rooted my sisters Desire. I honestly figured though that there would be an easy work around for this by this point. I take it there isnt?
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Froyo on the Galaxy isn't all it's cracked up to be...
    There is not a "huge" difference between 2.2 and 2.1 on any device that I have tried.
    Just a few added features (flash, apps to sd, ect) that are nice, and maybe a slight performance increase.
    Anyone looking for a night and day difference though will be disappointed.
    www.sonicbabble.com

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    There is not a "huge" difference between 2.2 and 2.1 on any device that I have tried.
    Just a few added features (flash, apps to sd, ect) that are nice, and maybe a slight performance increase.
    Agreed. Although I do really like the Voice Actions in stock 2.2... for whatever reason, Samsung jacked all that up in their 2.2 for the Galaxy, and they don't work properly. They separated the searches or something. Apps to SD hasn't been an issue for me on Galaxy, since I so far have plenty of space. Flash is cool when you need it.

johncpayne no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Not expecting a huge change but I know someone with 2.2 and there are differences that would be nice to have. Cellular South takes way too long to do upgrades and it is a little frustrating.