Page 43 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Hey I got a warning message on my Galaxy that said modem crashed. This is ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Hey I got a warning message on my Galaxy that said modem crashed. This is the second time it has happened. I clicked on it and I had a minute to jot down what it said. This is what it said:

9 $PHONE-RESET
    Doing Modem RAM Dump, Please wait until complete.
    If you press RESET button, phone will reset.

So I pressed reset and I get a message saying Phone ram dumping..., and now it is frozen up. I know how to get my phone back. Its gonna take reloading everything. My question is any ideas why? I wasn't even using my phone at the time. Thanks.

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Is there a way to get tv out on the the showcase?

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone been having issues with data connection. I am now staying at 1x instead of 3G

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Has anyone been having issues with data connection. I am now staying at 1x instead of 3G
    My Galaxy is running 3G in Greenville

Everything seems back to normal here also. Has anyone found out how to install the OTA Froyo update on a stock Desire that has been rooted?

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Well with Verizon getting the Motorola Droid X 2 in May, I would think that Cellular South will get the hand me down Droid X also in May.

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I wonder if Cellular South will be getting any new Samsung Android phones soon?

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    http://www.cellularsouth.com/Discove...l_FB_Pre_Merge

The HTC Merge has been announced for cell south. Think Desire with slide out keyboard, and a slightly bigger screen.
    More I look at this phone, the more I realize what it reminds me of. The T-Mobile G2.
    Same screen, same processor, same form factor, maybe the same keyboard. If so, this is a solid addition.

The processor is a 800 mhz second generation snapdragon vs 1ghz, but from what ive seen with the G2, that is not a concern at all.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

albrownlee89 no está en línea Stack level 2
    ok guys.. need some help flashing a custom rom. i have a motorola milestone. I rooted using universal androot and i am using rom manager to download the roms.. I downloaded cyanogen 7.0 through rom manager it prompted me to back up my phone and wipe data and cache so i did. once it reboots it shows the moto logo then goes to a screen which has an exclamation with a phone underneath. well i can get to the system menu by pressing the camera button and the up on the volume button then i go to run sd:update.zip (i read that somewhere in a forum, not sure if that is right) but every other video i watch on how to do this shows it working fine.. what am i doing wrong?? Any help, suggestions, ideas would be appreciated...

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    albrown
    not a expert, by any means
    I dont own a Milestone ,but have flashed my desire so many times, I lost count
    I would download the rom to my pc a copy it over to my phones sd card
    I also would wipe everything again, and boot into recovery,flash the rom from the sd card, and
    see if it will boot up for You
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

Quote Originally Posted by WAMAM View Post
    albrown
    not a expert, by any means
    I dont own a Milestone ,but have flashed my desire so many times, I lost count
    I would download the rom to my pc a copy it over to my phones sd card
    I also would wipe everything again, and boot into recovery,flash the rom from the sd card, and
    see if it will boot up for You
    Have you settled on a particular ROM yet? If so, which one. Looks like I might just have to end up rooting & flash a custom rom to get 2.2. I just don't have the time to try a bunch of different ROMs to see what is best. Would settle for a stable ROM that is close to stock and has no roaming or roaming data issues.

Sorry, Double post.
    Last edited by fd59; 04-01-2011 at 01:38 PM.

albrownlee89 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Thanks for the replies.. I will try downloading to PC then to SD card.. is there a certain file I need to put it in? I read that u don't put it I sd folder. Not sure if that is correct.. also u don't think that the universal androot app has anythig to do with it do u? I have superuser access and access to all must have root Apps. Also, glad to see someone near Ellisville on here: )
    Last edited by albrownlee89; 04-01-2011 at 02:53 PM.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Have you settled on a particular ROM yet? If so, which one. Looks like I might just have to end up rooting & flash a custom rom to get 2.2. I just don't have the time to try a bunch of different ROMs to see what is best. Would settle for a stable ROM that is close to stock and has no roaming or roaming data issues.
    Here's a stripped down version of the official 2.2 Sense rom. I'm thinking about trying it. He took the official update and removed the bloatware, etc.
    http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...nse-HTC-Desire

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    I always wind up flashing back to stock with root, after a few days ( tried several cyanogen nightlies and stable's, UD also)
    Miui has a new one out, I cant find out, if it has the wifi hotspot built in
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE