Page 42 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by fd59 Try this: http://www.globaldirectparts.com/OEM...sng6085772.htm Or this may be all you need: http://www.globaldirectparts.com/Sam...sng6101570.htm ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

looks like they have a minimum order of 2

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    I think that might have been my first posts about the OTA update. For some reason I did not ever see it show up, thus the reason for the second post. Funny thing is, I saw the email your post created, but your post never showed up for me until after my second post concerning the OTA update, then I realized that my first post was now showing up. ------ There, clear as mud!

Sorry about the double post, but there must have been some sort of gremlin in the system.
    Yea its all messed up post are all out of wack.

Anyway my wife desire is doing the same exact thing as yours.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    Yea its all messed up post are all out of wack.

Anyway my wife desire is doing the same exact thing as yours.
    Has her's changed at all from stock? Any hardware replacement? Or had it ever been rooted and returned to stock?

I purchased mine used, so it could have been rooted and un-rooted before I acquired it.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2

Broke screen

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDude View Post
    Hey, the screen on my Showcase cracked (just the glass, it still displays fine). Knocked it off my bed. Any idea where to get it fixed or how much it would cost? Also, is it a repair that I could do myself? I'm fairly proficient with that sort of thing. How much would I save to do it myself, and where would I get the parts?
    Gator Computer in Starkville, Ms fixed my milestone screen. You can call to see if they can fix yours.

They have offices in Carthage, Louisville, Philadelphia and Starkville, Mississippi.

http://gatorcomputers.net/

Goof luck

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Has her's changed at all from stock? Any hardware replacement? Or had it ever been rooted and returned to stock?

I purchased mine used, so it could have been rooted and un-rooted before I acquired it.
    Yea I rooted it and I believe that's the issue but you can't unroot when you use unevoked.

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a feeling that mine was rooted before, but it currently is not rooted. Please, let us know if you find a way to apply the standard 2.2 update.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2

Zoom

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Price on the Xoom will be $599
    How lame are they to want you to pair it up with a mifi.

I wonder if Verizon has a exclusive on the Zoom CDMA tablet also.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    man I would have though we would have seen an update for the Galaxy by now. Wonder if we will get Kies as well?

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    man I would have though we would have seen an update for the Galaxy by now. Wonder if we will get Kies as well?
    2.2(aka froyo) has been leaked for ours.... Its not official though hence the work "leaked"

As of March 23rd Kies is officially available for our Samsung Galaxy Showcase phones. You can download it from the Samsung support site. This should be very good, I have just finished downloading, will update shortly. For those of you not familiar, Kies is a program that allows us to update, backup, move files and music. Very similar to itunes but without the apple restrictions. I don't know what the US version will be like but will know in a minute.

its a mini version of Kies, nothing like the European version. Although it does allow us to make software updates to our phone via the pc. Maybe this means an update is getting very close

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by clmartin22 View Post
    As of March 23rd Kies is officially available for our Samsung Galaxy Showcase phones. You can download it from the Samsung support site. This should be very good, I have just finished downloading, will update shortly. For those of you not familiar, Kies is a program that allows us to update, backup, move files and music. Very similar to itunes but without the apple restrictions. I don't know what the US version will be like but will know in a minute.
    when I click on description for the kies program it says this .........

This is a sosftware upgarde for the US Cellular SCH-i500 (Mesmerize).
    This softare upgrade will upgrade the Samsung Mesmerize from Android version 2.1 to Android version 2.2 Froyo.
    You can Copy and Paste the following URL into your browser for more details.
    http://ars.samsung.com/customer/usa/...0&AT_ID=364163

strange that us cellular mez is in description.

but is linked directly from the showcase page
    http://www.samsung.com/us/support/ow...SCH-I500RKAXAR

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Capture.JPG

doesnt work

I think they just put the kies mini program out there so we will be able to do the update and hopefully very soon. To bad we don't get the full Samsung Kies program thought. It really has some nice features.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    http://www.cellularsouth.com/Discove...l_FB_Pre_Merge

The HTC Merge has been announced for cell south. Think Desire with slide out keyboard, and a slightly bigger screen.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome