Page 41 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 615 of 997
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by mrholder Great news! Maybe they can do the fix to make it ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #601
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Great news! Maybe they can do the fix to make it 4g later this year or when they get their network ready. I was thinking about an iPad 2, but they are so limited as far as web surfing goes. No flash, no tabbed browsing, etc. This would be a welcome addition to the line up. Just wish it could run on an existing data plan. Does anyone still have a netbook, haha.
    Well, if you read the print at the bottom of that page: "two-year contract with data required with MiFi purchase. Purchase of Xoom without MiFi requires no contract or monthly plan." So, if ONLY there were a way to use your EXISTING data plan on your phone to connect the Xoom...

  2. #602
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    The Xoom is coming to cell south. They just announced on their facebook page. So....good call

    http://www.cellularsouth.com/Discove...xoom/index.jsp
    I didn't realize how psychic I am...

  3. #603
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Price on the Xoom is $599.99
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  4. #604
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    .......
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  5. #605
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Price on the Xoom will be $599
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  6. #606
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    What is up with the forum today? My posts are all jumbled and sometimes there and other times not.

    Sorry if they make no sense.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  7. #607
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433
    According to this, we'll be getting the Playbook too.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/22279..._best_buy.html

  8. #608
    cyberwaste's Avatar
    cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    283
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    .......

    ????????????

  9. #609
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    Well, my Desire has decided it does not like the OTA Froyo update. The phone downloads the update, I select install, it reboots and starts the update process with only a green icon and progress bar showing. About 1/3rd of the way through I get a RED Triangle with an exclamation point in the middle and the phone freezes requiring a battery pull to restart the phone, which isn't upgraded.

    So far I have done the following, all with the same result:
    1. Done a factory reset and then tried update.
    2. After restoration of apps and data w/ greater than 50MB free, installed a different, blank, freshly formatted SD card.

    One thing to point out, that I think might be happening - I have installed a new (HTC) digitizer, that I broke on the 4th day I had the Desire. I think this might be the issue if the update is performing some type of hardware check and the digitizer doesn't conform to its requirements.

    At this point I am about ready to just root to upgrade, a process I was hoping to avoid because I just don't have time to determine what ROM, how to root, etc.

    Any Ideas???

  10. #610
    cyberwaste's Avatar
    cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    283
    whats up with the forum got a email saying someone just posted but all I see is msmith's post from 1:41. weird.

  11. #611
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    Well, my Desire has decided it doesn't like the OTA Froyo Update. It downloads, I select install, it restarts and starts the update with a green icon, and progress bar. At approximately 1/3rd the way through a RED Triangle with a red exclamation point appears and the phone freezes, requiring a battery pull.

    So far I have tried the following with the same results:
    1. Remove several applications to free up memory
    2. Factory Reset (after backup of apps and data)
    3. Restored from backup with >50MB free I tried a new, freshly formatted, empty SD card.

    I am just about to give up and root to get Froyo, but I really do not want to because I do not have the time to determine (A) How to root & flash and (B) what would be the best ROM to use. I would be happy with just the factory load if I could get it to work.

    I think the problem might be that I replaced the digitizer after I broke the original. I have a feeling that there might be some sort of hardware verification that the phone is failing, but I there is no error code being displayed, just the phone freezing with ! in a red triangle.

    Any Ideas? Any way to try a manual upgrade instead of OTA?
    Last edited by fd59; 03-23-2011 at 04:51 PM.

  12. #612
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    whats up with the forum got a email saying someone just posted but all I see is msmith's post from 1:41. weird.
    You won't get an e-mail every time someone posts. Only after you've come in and posted again.

  13. #613
    ShadowDude's Avatar
    ShadowDude no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5
    Hey, the screen on my Showcase cracked (just the glass, it still displays fine). Knocked it off my bed. Any idea where to get it fixed or how much it would cost? Also, is it a repair that I could do myself? I'm fairly proficient with that sort of thing. How much would I save to do it myself, and where would I get the parts?

  14. #614
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDude View Post
    Hey, the screen on my Showcase cracked (just the glass, it still displays fine). Knocked it off my bed. Any idea where to get it fixed or how much it would cost? Also, is it a repair that I could do myself? I'm fairly proficient with that sort of thing. How much would I save to do it myself, and where would I get the parts?
    Try this: http://www.globaldirectparts.com/OEM...sng6085772.htm

    Or this may be all you need: http://www.globaldirectparts.com/Sam...sng6101570.htm

    Here is a dis-assembly guide: http://www.careace.net/2010/06/09/di...sung-galaxy-s/
    Last edited by fd59; 03-23-2011 at 04:43 PM.

  15. #615
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    whats up with the forum got a email saying someone just posted but all I see is msmith's post from 1:41. weird.
    I think that might have been my first posts about the OTA update. For some reason I did not ever see it show up, thus the reason for the second post. Funny thing is, I saw the email your post created, but your post never showed up for me until after my second post concerning the OTA update, then I realized that my first post was now showing up. ------ There, clear as mud!

    Sorry about the double post, but there must have been some sort of gremlin in the system.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •