Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Well that's just great. I knew I should have just waited for the official update.... C Spire/Cellular South forum

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

Well that's just great. I knew I should have just waited for the official update.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hmm they took down the Motorola Milestone X in the acc. wonder if we are close to getting it because my galaxy will be replaced with one if so.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    When the update comes out, there may be a way to revert to stock and get the official update. Are you unhappy with the ROM that you're running now?

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by paulinnola View Post
    Hey guys, I'm having a problem I hope someone out there can help me with; I have the HTC Desire from Cellular South. Bought it in OCT 10, and I soon realized the space on it sucked. I was jealous of all my friends that had already gotten the 2.2 update and could store apps on the memory card. So I researched the information and learned I could ROOT it and then manually update the system. So, I rooted it, however when it came time to manually update it, I found the instructions to be confusing and I got scared I would BRICK it so I just gave up. Well now that I can get the REAL update, it wont update due to me rooting it. I have researched how to unroot and have tried several RUU downloads but nothing seems to work. The update asked if I wanted to reset back to Factory Settings and I selected yes, but that hasn't helped.
    HOW DO I EITHER unroot the phone, or find an easy way to manually update it myself.
    I have recently installed ROM Manager but I am unsure how to use it.
    I am a Novice at this stuff.
    I ask about this on March 2, didn't get any response,
    Here is one link , I found on unrooting your HTC Desire http://androidforums.com/desire-all-...d-desires.html I too, will try and unroot, for the upgrade , when i get time,
    keep me posted if You get your's unrooted
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Its not that I don't like it cause I do. The only issue is with texting. If its a long text the receipient gets a garbled mess. I heard we can't return the phone if there is ever a problem or if we want to upgrade. Just worried about that mainly. I really do like this rom but is it the best one? I've seen where the guy that put this one out is running a newer rom. Ec10 I think. I checked it out but seems several folks had issues and I'm not that technical. I really want the best but don't want a messed up phone.

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey everyone, I think we're going to get the HTC Merge. It's like a Desire with a keyboard. Just a little something I heard in the wind!

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Oh, by the way, does anyone know if the Samsung Gem is getting Froyo 2.2?

Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    Its not that I don't like it cause I do. The only issue is with texting. If its a long text the receipient gets a garbled mess. I heard we can't return the phone if there is ever a problem or if we want to upgrade. Just worried about that mainly. I really do like this rom but is it the best one? I've seen where the guy that put this one out is running a newer rom. Ec10 I think. I checked it out but seems several folks had issues and I'm not that technical. I really want the best but don't want a messed up phone.
    EC10 is for the US Cellular Mesmerize... they're working on a similar one for the Showcase.

For the texting issue, have you tried using an app, like Handcent? I believe using it solves that problem. I like Handcent better than the stock texting anyway.

So I figure after 3/31 we will see the milestone x (droid x) since it is EOL at verizion. So lets get to guessing what else we will see. My guess our version of the tunderbolt, galaxy 2, Desire HD? Also never know but possibly the iphone sometime before 2015. LoL

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    The Amazon app store is open. Looks like they are going to feature a free app everyday, or at least today. Angry Birds Rio is the free one for today. http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b?...g=vglnk-c43-20

Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    So I figure after 3/31 we will see the milestone x (droid x) since it is EOL at verizion. So lets get to guessing what else we will see. My guess our version of the tunderbolt, galaxy 2, Desire HD? Also never know but possibly the iphone sometime before 2015. LoL
    I wouldn't be surprised if a tablet showed up at some point... either the Samsung Galaxy Tab or the Motorola Xoom

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    The Xoom is coming to cell south. They just announced on their facebook page. So....good call

http://www.cellularsouth.com/Discove...xoom/index.jsp
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    The Xoom is coming to cell south. They just announced on their facebook page. So....good call

Damn bet me too it. Now when will they annonce the milestone x?

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post

Damn bet me too it. Now when will they annonce the milestone x?

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Great news! Maybe they can do the fix to make it 4g later this year or when they get their network ready. I was thinking about an iPad 2, but they are so limited as far as web surfing goes. No flash, no tabbed browsing, etc. This would be a welcome addition to the line up. Just wish it could run on an existing data plan. Does anyone still have a netbook, haha.