Page 39 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by pound24 Might try this because I have my phone pretty much set ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    Might try this because I have my phone pretty much set up and I would hate to flash for one perk. So thanks
    I have also used SwitchPro widget... it allows a widget with up to 8 toggles; one of the options is a power toggle that does reboot/recovery. Also has a spot for true battery %, which I use.

TheScantronman no está en línea Stack level 2
    Been awhile since I've posted here, but I'll be starting work for CS on Monday.

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey guys! I have a couple of questions. The first. This morning my phone gave me a warning saying the modem had crashed. I installed the pick n pack Ron two days ago. This is this first issue I've had. Anybody know what happened and if it might happen again. Second question. How do I make the browser resize? On 2.1 I just double tapped the screen and it resized. Now it just gets a tad bigger and I have to move side to side to read whats on the page. Its a bit of a pain. Thanks in advance.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I did a little research on this a few weeks ago and couldn't find a cs ruu. I read here (post #3) where the Alltell ruu should work, but I haven't flashed it, so do so at your own risk.
    I think they updated the unrevoked wiki with an S-On tool that can be downloaded. Read the FAQ's here: http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/forever.
    There's also a section below the FAQ's (reinstalling an official recovery)
    Probably wouldn't hurt to do nandroid backup before starting any of this. I haven't done any of this, so again, I'm not 100% sure it will work.

I hope this helps and good luck with the warranty.

thanks I guess I'll have to give this a try hope it comes out ok.

Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    Hey guys! I have a couple of questions. The first. This morning my phone gave me a warning saying the modem had crashed. I installed the pick n pack Ron two days ago. This is this first issue I've had. Anybody know what happened and if it might happen again. Second question. How do I make the browser resize? On 2.1 I just double tapped the screen and it resized. Now it just gets a tad bigger and I have to move side to side to read whats on the page. Its a bit of a pain. Thanks in advance.
    I'm not sure about the modem issue.. haven't seen that.
    But for the browser, is pinch gesture resize not working for you? Because is should be... try pinching to zoom, and see if it works.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2

Motorola Milestone Froyo update??

Android Central has a article about the Froyo update for the Milestone. Does this mean that I can update my Milestone without rooting it. It does not stat that it is for Verizon only.

http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...s-froyo-update

Since you can get it from Motorola's support site, I would assume that we do not have to wait for Cellular South's release?
    http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/...tification.htm

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    For the Milestone users' sake, I hope no testing is required by CS, or they will see December before the update happens. I was told by more than couple of CS reps that Froyo would be here early March for the Desire, but that has past and still no update.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2

Milestone

I did not think to run the program to update my Milestone to Froyo. The answer is the update does not work for Cellular South Milestone phone. I would bet that Cellular South does not approve of the update for the Milestone to Froyo.

On another note my local business sales rep is stating the Motorola Xoom will be at Cellular South by the end of the month and they are defiantly testing the Iphone, but does not know if or when it will be out.

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone heard what new Androids that may be coming out in the next month or two? I'm mainly interested in Samsung devices, I understand that they will be coming out with Samsung LTE phones by the end of the year, but has anybody heard of anything any sooner? Also, have any of you tried the Samsung Gem yet? If so, is it a nice Android phone?

monroeclassic no está en línea Stack level 1
    I have noticed the Motorola X in the accessories on CS website.

JeremyJ no está en línea Stack level 1
    Good catch Monroeclassic:
    From 1/30/11
    Bluegrass Cellular, a regional carrier centered in Kentucky, has announced that the Motorola Milestone X is "coming soon" to their network. The phone is more or less a Droid X without the Droid branding, and continues the Milestone branding that Motorola has used for their Droid phones when offering them to carriers not named Verizon. The phone is the latest addition to a robust Android lineup from Bluegrass that includes the original Milestone (OG Droid) and the HTC-made Desire and Wildfire. For some reason the Milestone X is listed as having Android 2.1 Eclair as opposed to Froyo, which has long since rolled out for the Droid X.
    The launch of the Milestone X opens the possibility for the phone to make its way overseas or to grace other regional U.S. carriers like Cellular South. [Bluegrass Cellular] Thanks to Nathan for the tip!

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    looks like froyo is officially available for the desire now. I got an email this morning from Cellular south

http://www.cellularsouth.com/Discove...l_Android2dot2

paulinnola no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey guys, I'm having a problem I hope someone out there can help me with; I have the HTC Desire from Cellular South. Bought it in OCT 10, and I soon realized the space on it sucked. I was jealous of all my friends that had already gotten the 2.2 update and could store apps on the memory card. So I researched the information and learned I could ROOT it and then manually update the system. So, I rooted it, however when it came time to manually update it, I found the instructions to be confusing and I got scared I would BRICK it so I just gave up. Well now that I can get the REAL update, it wont update due to me rooting it. I have researched how to unroot and have tried several RUU downloads but nothing seems to work. The update asked if I wanted to reset back to Factory Settings and I selected yes, but that hasn't helped.
    HOW DO I EITHER unroot the phone, or find an easy way to manually update it myself.
    I have recently installed ROM Manager but I am unsure how to use it.
    I am a Novice at this stuff.

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I don't have an answer for paulinnola but his post brings up a important question. I have updated my galaxy to the pick n pack rom. Does this mean I will not be able to update to the official cellsouth update if/when it comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    I don't have an answer for paulinnola but his post brings up a important question. I have updated my galaxy to the pick n pack rom. Does this mean I will not be able to update to the official cellsouth update if/when it comes out?
    I'm not sure if we'll be able to update to the "official" cellular south 2.2 on the Galaxy. But there will probably be some custom ROMs created from that update within a few days, so I would just plan on using that.