Page 38 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I checked out the Pick and Pack Rom and it sounds interesting. My question is ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

I checked out the Pick and Pack Rom and it sounds interesting. My question is do I install it just like I did the Froyo rom using Odin? There was a statement about downloading something to sdcard and running it from there. I just want to be sure before I screw something up. Also, do I need to install the update.zip from my sdcard or just run it whenever I want the Red recovery? Thanks.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Has anyone else had issues with their Galaxy S power button? There's a post in another part of the forum where a guy has had issues with his. I replied and told him to jump in here because of all of the Galaxy S owners. Here's his post if anybody can help him out. http://forums.pinstack.com/f319/tmob...2/#post1292287
    My power button was having issues after flashing stock Froyo, but after flashing v.03 Pick N Pack it started working normal again

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    I checked out the Pick and Pack Rom and it sounds interesting. My question is do I install it just like I did the Froyo rom using Odin? There was a statement about downloading something to sdcard and running it from there. I just want to be sure before I screw something up. Also, do I need to install the update.zip from my sdcard or just run it whenever I want the Red recovery? Thanks.
    The Pick N Pack ROM can be flashed from the red recovery, no need for Odin. Boot into the red recovery (via the update.zip in the blue recovery), then install the PickNPack.zip using the "install from sdcard" option (the file should be placed on the root directory of your SD card) You should probably make a backup of your current setup BEFORE trying to flash the PickNPack. Also, you'll want to unzip the Addons.zip, pick the items you want installed, put those on the root of the SD, and flash each one after you've flashed the PnP ROM. Hope this helps.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Ok does anyone know how you unroot the desire I used unevoked to root my wifes but now we have to warrenty it out and all I can find on xda is I need a cs ruu to flash. uhg how screwed am I?

jg1thomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Has anyone else had issues with their Galaxy S power button? There's a post in another part of the forum where a guy has had issues with his. I replied and told him to jump in here because of all of the Galaxy S owners. Here's his post if anybody can help him out. http://forums.pinstack.com/f319/tmob...2/#post1292287
    Thanx for the help! The issue I am having with the power/unlock button is that when it is locked it seems alot of the time when I go to unlock it, it takes more than one push to get it to light the screen up so I can swipe the screen. Almost as if it is not sensitive enough? If that makes any sense. So I try to press it harder but then of course it is also held down longer so it gives me the power down menu

jg1thomas no está en línea Stack level 2
    What is pik and pack, froyo, and odin? And what does unrooting do? Also what is bloatware? Sorry i used to be up to date on everything but I just finally upgraded from my pearl and have some fast catching up to do!

Quote Originally Posted by jg1thomas View Post
    What is pik and pack, froyo, and odin? And what does unrooting do? Also what is bloatware? Sorry i used to be up to date on everything but I just finally upgraded from my pearl and have some fast catching up to do!

Sorry I assumed you had a Showcase. Pick N Pack I am referring to is for the Showcase only.

Froyo is Android 2.2
    Odin is a PC program used to flash android phones
    unrooting removes super user privileges
    bloatware is the useless software preloaded on you phone from the carrier

for more info on this stuff you should do some reading here http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=708

everything there is specific to the vibrant

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    Ok does anyone know how you unroot the desire I used unevoked to root my wifes but now we have to warrenty it out and all I can find on xda is I need a cs ruu to flash. uhg how screwed am I?
    I did a little research on this a few weeks ago and couldn't find a cs ruu. I read here (post #3) where the Alltell ruu should work, but I haven't flashed it, so do so at your own risk.
    I think they updated the unrevoked wiki with an S-On tool that can be downloaded. Read the FAQ's here: http://unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/forever.
    There's also a section below the FAQ's (reinstalling an official recovery)
    Probably wouldn't hurt to do nandroid backup before starting any of this. I haven't done any of this, so again, I'm not 100% sure it will work.

I hope this helps and good luck with the warranty.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    OT post.

I know during football season alot of you guys were discussing it on here quite a bit. Well on the board I help mod, we have not really done anything with our sports section, but I am in the process of trying to build it up. I would love it if you guys would come join and participate.

http://www.sonicbabble.com/forums/fo...46-The-Stadium

If you can, I appreciate it. If not, then thats fine too.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anyone know of a way to get the galaxy to reboot instead of having to power down then power on? Also whats the best browser to use? Thanks for any replies. Oh hello everyone and welcome to the newcomers.

Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    Anyone know of a way to get the galaxy to reboot instead of having to power down then power on? Also whats the best browser to use? Thanks for any replies. Oh hello everyone and welcome to the newcomers.
    Pick N Pack v.03 has the reboot option built in

5514979498_3cb6516081.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    Pick N Pack v.03 has the reboot option built in

5514979498_3cb6516081.jpg
    That's whats up. Thanks!

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quickboot plus in the market also works. It allows you to reboot, power off, go into recovery, ect.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Quickboot plus in the market also works. It allows you to reboot, power off, go into recovery, ect.
    before installing PNP i used the free version of quickboot https://market.android.com/details?i...=search_result

it worked fine

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Might try this because I have my phone pretty much set up and I would hate to flash for one perk. So thanks