Page 37 of 67 FirstFirst ... 3233343536373839404142 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

I was curious did we get a froyo 2.2 update for the HTC desire I ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

I was curious did we get a froyo 2.2 update for the HTC desire

I flashed cynaogenMod 6.1 and 7.0
    miui, a couple different one's
    also tried U/droid
    but I always flashed back to stock w/roo,t after playing a little while

I know US celluar has it, (2.2) but wasn't sure, it would work on cell south
    I read where some lost root, when they updated, then tried to root
    again, but had problems
    any info on this, from anybody
    JUST SOUTH OF THE BIG CITY OF ELLISVILLE

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    That is interesting. I never used it, but I know people get addicted to bbm.

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    That would be nice but WhatsApp is already doing what bbm is. You can send video pics and audio to bb and ios now.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by gnohra View Post
    This is good news, but being most likely a lite version of BBM, I dont know how much of a hit it will be as there are other apps that will give you cross platform talkability.

If they come out with a full version, even for a fee, then they will have something.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

ShadowDude no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey all. I flashed to Froyo on my Galaxy S and I love it; however, I cannot seem to keep my wifi working. It is constantly stuck on "Obtaining IP address." This seems to be a common problem with Froyo, but none of the solutions on the web have been sufficient to fix it. Anyone else having this issue and have an idea of how to fix it?

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDude View Post
    Hey all. I flashed to Froyo on my Galaxy S and I love it; however, I cannot seem to keep my wifi working. It is constantly stuck on "Obtaining IP address." This seems to be a common problem with Froyo, but none of the solutions on the web have been sufficient to fix it. Anyone else having this issue and have an idea of how to fix it?
    Mine has been working fine. Drop by the chat room in my signature some of the devs usually are in there and they may can help you some more

robcross72 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    OK guys I have followed this link and I really want to do this and get froyo on my phone but I'm really nervous. I've heard if its done wrong the phone is screwed. There are terms I don't know. Is there a more detailed step by step guide for us non technical folks? Or should I even attempt to flash froyo to my phone? I have the Galaxy S. Haven't updated my profile to reflect this. Thanks in advance folks.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by robcross72 View Post
    OK guys I have followed this link and I really want to do this and get froyo on my phone but I'm really nervous. I've heard if its done wrong the phone is screwed. There are terms I don't know. Is there a more detailed step by step guide for us non technical folks? Or should I even attempt to flash froyo to my phone? I have the Galaxy S. Haven't updated my profile to reflect this. Thanks in advance folks.
    this thread may help. It is more detailed for the beginner.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=950695

just take your time and be careful not to skip any steps.

Hey guys! Thanks again for the links. Before I begin I have a question. What does Red Recovery and Blue Recovery mean? How do I complete the last step that says To get to Red Recovery flash update.zip from stock blue recovery? Thanks again!! Did I say this forum is AWESOME!!!!

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Hey guys! Thanks again for the links. Before I begin I have a question. What does Red Recovery and Blue Recovery mean? How do I complete the last step that says To get to Red Recovery flash update.zip from stock blue recovery? Thanks again!! Did I say this forum is AWESOME!!!!
    "Recovery" refers to the Android System Recovery menu... it's similar to booting your computer into the bios, where you get system level functions to choose from. The stock "Blue recovery" has:

*reboot system now
    *apply sdcard:update.zip
    *wipe data/factory reset
    *wipe cache partition

You should become familiar with this menu before attempting the Odin Froyo install, because you need to do a data/factory reset prior to the install.

The "Red recovery" that is referred to is a custom recovery, with several more options such as doing a nandroid backup (which basically lets you save an 'image' of your current OS setup, that can be restored in case of something getting messed up)

To boot into recovery, power off your Showcase, then when you power back on, hold the power button and both volume up and down at the same time... the word "SAMSUNG" will flash and you should then be booted into the stock blue recovery. Navigate with the volume rocker, and select with the home button (pretty sure that the select anyway).
    When you do have the red recovery installed, after following all the directions in the above posts, you will first boot to the blue recovery, then navigate to apply sdcard:update.zip, and assuming everything was installed properly, this option will then boot you into the custom red recovery.

If something I've written here doesn't make sense after you've read through all the instructions, ask again, and I'll see if I can be more clear.

@jbreakfield - Thank you very much! That wa I have completed the update and love it! The only issue has been with sending texts. Some have been garbled when the person I send it to receives it. Using Go Message right now and I don't have that issue. Would like to use the stock text app though. One more question for anyone. What is the Pick n Pack Rom? Is it newer and better then what I just flashed? Thanks again for all the great help.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    @jbreakfield - Thank you very much! That wa I have completed the update and love it! The only issue has been with sending texts. Some have been garbled when the person I send it to receives it. Using Go Message right now and I don't have that issue. Would like to use the stock text app though. One more question for anyone. What is the Pick n Pack Rom? Is it newer and better then what I just flashed? Thanks again for all the great help.
    The Pick N Pack is basically the same rom with the bloatware removed. There are also add-on packs that you can flash, so that you only have the apps that you want.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    The Pick N Pack is basically the same rom with the bloatware removed. There are also add-on packs that you can flash, so that you only have the apps that you want.
    The PickNPack ROM is also set up so that it will accept themes

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Has anyone else had issues with their Galaxy S power button? There's a post in another part of the forum where a guy has had issues with his. I replied and told him to jump in here because of all of the Galaxy S owners. Here's his post if anybody can help him out. http://forums.pinstack.com/f319/tmob...2/#post1292287