Page 33 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

sorry double post... C Spire/Cellular South forum

fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3

Advertisement

sorry double post
    Last edited by fd59; 02-07-2011 at 01:42 AM. Reason: double post

Any rumors as to when or if the Desire will get 2.2?

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    ok since i consider myself an expert on phantom skinz since its all i use. mattie is good for the back of a phone not the front makes make the screen fuzzy, I have used the full body kits they are all good mattie or clear. Right now i have a chromatics white carbon fiber in the back of my galaxy and a clear screen protector from phantom skinz.

frenchfry no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Well, I only made it 4 days until I broke the screen. Has anyone replaced one? If so where did you source the replacement? I would like to make sure I get a true super tft lcd or an amoled replacement. being that only the glass is broken, could I get by with just replacing the digitizer?

FYI... Still loving the phone.
    Gator Computers in Starkville, MS. replaced the digitizer on my Motorola Milestone.

http://gatorcomputers.net/

Quote Originally Posted by frenchfry View Post
    Gator Computers in Starkville, MS. replaced the digitizer on my Motorola Milestone.

http://gatorcomputers.net/
    Thanks for the info. But I have already ordered a new digitizer and will do the repair myself.

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    http://m.androidcentral.com/froyo-ea...sung-mesmerize

Froyo leak on your U.S. Cellular Samsung Mesmerize maybe we are getting close

JeremyJ no está en línea Stack level 1
    how is the data signal strength on galaxy s-showcase in north east Jackson county, Wade/Hurley area?

Quote Originally Posted by add144 View Post
    The Desire is scheduled to be the first to get Froyo; First quarter of this year
    That's code for "June/July time frame" or "One year after release."

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hello All! It has been a while since I have posted. I am still stuck using my ancient Hero. I have shaved enough of my device replacement fee off to upgrade at the end of the month. I have had it in my head for some time that I wanted to get the Galaxy. I am now thinking that as quickly as my beloved Hero was outdated, that the Galaxy might be that way as well. I have seem the "Gem" and that is not getting me excited. I want to see what other "powerhouse" devices could possibly be coming. What do you guys think? Go ahead and get the Galaxy, or wait a few more months and see what is rumored to be coming down the pipe? Could be something good with all the talk of the LTE network coming toward the end of the year. Your thoughts???

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hi everyone. I'm sincerely thinking about getting a smartphone. This will be my first one, I understand the Samsung Gem is a beginner's smartphone. Should I get the Gem or should I wait and get one of the smartphones in the up and coming months?

Here are my thoughts on waiting....

If you don't have a smart phone --Don't wait go ahead and jump in, you won't regret it. When you do jump in, DO NOT get a "BEGINNER PHONE" go ahead and get the best/most you can afford. Right now its the Samsung Galaxy S (Best) or HTC Desire (Bang for Buck). I would get the Samsung Galaxy. Stay away from the Gem... You will be wanting more of a phone in a short time.

If you already have a smart phone -- This means you are likely under a contract of some sort. Look to Craig's List or other places to get a used phone that is in working order. I just picked up a HTC Desire for ~$200 which was cheaper than paying the current $75 + Contract Fee + Activation Fee (~250 for me), AND I did not have to renew a contract. LTE (What they are calling 4G) will be hitting Cellular South with new phones at the end of the year. If I could I would do everything to keep form getting into a contract between now and then. By then mine and my wife's contract will be complete. So, we will should be able to get in on one of the BOGO deals CS always has in December.

dmchance no está en línea Stack level 3
    @ FD59... Thanks for your advice. I will start checking CL and see what I can find!
    Last edited by dmchance; 02-09-2011 at 09:44 PM. Reason: spelling!!!

rod1906 no está en línea Stack level 3
    I certainly appreciated your advice FD 59, I was wondering if the HTC Wildfire is considered to be a good device to begin with as well? I am so looking forward to owning a smartphone I can taste it! All of the rest of the "regular phones" seem boring to me. I have an average Samsung Messager Touch, it's a nice phone, but I want something more.

Quote Originally Posted by rod1906 View Post
    I certainly appreciated your advice FD 59, I was wondering if the HTC Wildfire is considered to be a good device to begin with as well? I am so looking forward to owning a smartphone I can taste it! All of the rest of the "regular phones" seem boring to me. I have an average Samsung Messager Touch, it's a nice phone, but I want something more.
    I would stay away from the Wildfire. Its a nice looking phone, but it has the same processor as the Hero, which means it is already obsolete.

If you want an HTC then the only good choice is the Desire.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    If anyone is interested in updating their swype to a beta version let me know... its tricky getting everything to work right and i do suggest doing it from the swype beta site