Page 32 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Results 466 to 480 of 997
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by pound24 What did you use to overclock and do you have a ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #466
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    What did you use to overclock and do you have a rom flashed
    I'd be interested to find this out, too... I was under the impression that the stock kernel isn't overclockable above 1Ghz, so are you using a custom kernel, or am I under the wrong impression?

  2. #467
    gnohra's Avatar
    gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    105

    android marketl

    Did y'all see that the market is now on the web? Search and browse apps from the browser on your computer, click install and the app will be downloaded/installed on your phone automatically. It's slick!

    market.android.com

  3. #468
    jbreakfield's Avatar
    jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    536
    Quote Originally Posted by add144 View Post
    JT's Voodoo kernel is available for the Showcase, although it isn't overclocked.
    I'm using the Voodoo kernel, but as you say, it's not overclocked... and I'm pretty sure it can't be overclocked. That's why I was wondering about it...

  4. #469
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433
    Why does it take so long for some e-mails to load in the vanilla (non stock) rom on the Desire? When I use the stock rom or Sense, e-mails are there instantaneously when I click on them. I'm running Cyanogenmod 6.0.1.

  5. #470
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Samsung Gem is now listed as coming soon.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  6. #471
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    OK Just activated a HTC Desire I picked up last night from c*list. Now I need a few things and was wandering what ya'll thaught.

    1. Weather app - I was paying 3.99/month for My-Cast for Windows Mobile. I'm sure there is a good free one.
    2. Screen Protector - I had a Zagg full-body on my Touch Pro and liked it - Anything better for capacitive touch screens?
    3. Navigation - I had Tom Tom on the Touch Pro. From what I can tell Call Pilot sounds like the way to go on Android.
    4. Need to figure out the best way to sync with company MS Outlook account. Company will not allow direct sync with Exchange so I must sync w/ Outlook.
    5. I want to be able to setup Wi-fi tether. I assume I need root access for this. I don't want to load custom ROMs yet, but what is the easiest way to root the Desire?
    6. I assume I have to wait for 2.2 to be able to store apps on the microSd card. Is this true, or is there a way to do this with just root access?

  7. #472
    geetarman's Avatar
    geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    191
    2. I tried zagg on my touch pro and it was not my favorite. I prefer phantom skinz http://phantomskinz.com/


    5. I used unrevoked to root my desire and it was very easy. www.unrevoked.com

    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    OK Just activated a HTC Desire I picked up last night from c*list. Now I need a few things and was wandering what ya'll thaught.

    1. Weather app - I was paying 3.99/month for My-Cast for Windows Mobile. I'm sure there is a good free one.
    2. Screen Protector - I had a Zagg full-body on my Touch Pro and liked it - Anything better for capacitive touch screens?
    3. Navigation - I had Tom Tom on the Touch Pro. From what I can tell Call Pilot sounds like the way to go on Android.
    4. Need to figure out the best way to sync with company MS Outlook account. Company will not allow direct sync with Exchange so I must sync w/ Outlook.
    5. I want to be able to setup Wi-fi tether. I assume I need root access for this. I don't want to load custom ROMs yet, but what is the easiest way to root the Desire?
    6. I assume I have to wait for 2.2 to be able to store apps on the microSd card. Is this true, or is there a way to do this with just root access?

  8. #473
    getsugatensho's Avatar
    getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    1,194
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    OK Just activated a HTC Desire I picked up last night from c*list. Now I need a few things and was wandering what ya'll thaught.

    1. Weather app - I was paying 3.99/month for My-Cast for Windows Mobile. I'm sure there is a good free one.
    2. Screen Protector - I had a Zagg full-body on my Touch Pro and liked it - Anything better for capacitive touch screens?
    3. Navigation - I had Tom Tom on the Touch Pro. From what I can tell Call Pilot sounds like the way to go on Android.
    4. Need to figure out the best way to sync with company MS Outlook account. Company will not allow direct sync with Exchange so I must sync w/ Outlook.
    5. I want to be able to setup Wi-fi tether. I assume I need root access for this. I don't want to load custom ROMs yet, but what is the easiest way to root the Desire?
    6. I assume I have to wait for 2.2 to be able to store apps on the microSd card. Is this true, or is there a way to do this with just root access?

    1. Weatherbug is pretty good. You can pick up weatherbug elite off of 4shared for free.
    2. Zagg's is always the best bet in my opinion.
    3. I believe the stock navigation is pretty good on the desire. Its a battery killer tho.
    5. There are apps that you can use that you do not need to be rooted.
    6. I'm pretty sure some custom roms that you said you werent ready for are set as 2.2 and have the apps2sd feature.
    because we are amorphous, we hold that in reverence~ Tite Kubo

  9. #474
    deltascrew's Avatar
    deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    184
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    2. I tried zagg on my touch pro and it was not my favorite. I prefer phantom skinz http://phantomskinz.com/

    Does the phantom skinz leave fingernail lines like the zagg?
    I used Zagg on my blackberrys and loved it but the last couple I have bought lately have really bad orange peel.

  10. #475
    geetarman's Avatar
    geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    Does the phantom skinz leave fingernail lines like the zagg?
    I used Zagg on my blackberrys and loved it but the last couple I have bought lately have really bad orange peel.
    The orange peel feel is what i hated about the zagg. I have not had it leave fingernail lines for me and I cannot remember if I had that problem with the zag. I have not tried the whole body kit with zagg or phantom skinz. I just get the screen only kit.

  11. #476
    deltascrew's Avatar
    deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    184
    Phantom skinz is having a 2 for 1 sale, I have 2 on the way

  12. #477
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    2. I tried zagg on my touch pro and it was not my favorite. I prefer phantom skinz http://phantomskinz.com/
    www.unrevoked.com
    Did you use the Standard or the Matte?

  13. #478
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    OK, this is what I have done so far:

    1. Weather app - Currently using My-Cast free (Will be trying Weatherbug and Weather channel also)
    2. Screen Protector - Ordered full-body BSE from here for 9.99 shipped.
    3. Navigation - Will use built-in for now. Maybe order CoPilot later.
    4. Outlook Sync - Still researching.
    5. Wi-fi tether. - Haven't worked on this yet
    6. apps2sd will wait for 2.2.

    Another question?

    Has anyone found a Desktop cradle that:
    1. Charges the Desire and a spare battery?
    2. Syncs with the desktop? (Not as necessary as I think I will be able to do this over the network)
    3. Has an 3.5mm audio out port?

    Thanks for the help!

    BTW - I am really enjoying using the Desire - MUCH better reception, performance, and call quality than the Touch Pro.

  14. #479
    geetarman's Avatar
    geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Did you use the Standard or the Matte?
    Standard i think.

  15. #480
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    Well, I only made it 4 days until I broke the screen. Has anyone replaced one? If so where did you source the replacement? I would like to make sure I get a true super tft lcd or an amoled replacement. being that only the glass is broken, could I get by with just replacing the digitizer?

    FYI... Still loving the phone.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •