Page 29 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 435 of 997
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by mrholder I'm working on putting CyanogenMod with cMTD on my Desire. Here's ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #421
    geetarman's Avatar
    geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    191

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I'm working on putting CyanogenMod with cMTD on my Desire. Here's the complete guide to do it. http://supermod.staehleprecision.com...opic,17.0.html

    The cMTD is supposed to free up 250mb or more of internal memory. We'll see. You can always uninstall this feature if you want to go back to stock Sense, according to the guide.
    I have been running Cyanogenmod since I first rooted my cell south desire. I have tried others but cyanogenmod works best for me. The cMTD is great. Been using it for a while now.

    Here is my current setup that other desire users may be interested in trying:

    Cyanognemod 6.1.1
    Vork Kernal - http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/1...d-vork-kernel/
    Zeam launcher - Fastest launcher out there - It's a must have in my opinion. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=664149
    Superpower app - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=807989
    Setcpu app

    You can overclock with Vork Kernal but i choose not to. The desire is plenty fast for me and I like to get good battery life. I let setcpu control my cpu speeds with different profiles (ex - 500mhz when screen is off). You can let superpower app control your CPU but you cannot set profiles so i disable superpower in its settings not to control cpu. I use super power to set automatic toggling of data and 3g/2g, etc. I get very good battery life with my setup.

    Also i have played around the the Cyanogenmod Experimental Gingerbread rom builds for our desire and it is pretty cool. They are getting very close to a fully working Cyanognemod Gingerbread rom.
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/1...f-gingerbread/
    http://phones.crackflashers.com/bravoc/

  2. #422
    walkintall67's Avatar
    walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Now would be a good time to go to work as a sales rep and clean up on commissions lol
    Bugless Beast v.05 (froyo)

  3. #423
    pound24's Avatar
    pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I'm working on putting CyanogenMod with cMTD on my Desire. Here's the complete guide to do it. http://supermod.staehleprecision.com...opic,17.0.html

    The cMTD is supposed to free up 250mb or more of internal memory. We'll see. You can always uninstall this feature if you want to go back to stock Sense, according to the guide.
    thanks for the help i will get right on it

  4. #424
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    I have been running Cyanogenmod since I first rooted my cell south desire. I have tried others but cyanogenmod works best for me. The cMTD is great. Been using it for a while now.

    Here is my current setup that other desire users may be interested in trying:

    Cyanognemod 6.1.1
    Vork Kernal - http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/1...d-vork-kernel/
    Zeam launcher - Fastest launcher out there - It's a must have in my opinion. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=664149
    Superpower app - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=807989
    Setcpu app

    You can overclock with Vork Kernal but i choose not to. The desire is plenty fast for me and I like to get good battery life. I let setcpu control my cpu speeds with different profiles (ex - 500mhz when screen is off). You can let superpower app control your CPU but you cannot set profiles so i disable superpower in its settings not to control cpu. I use super power to set automatic toggling of data and 3g/2g, etc. I get very good battery life with my setup.

    Also i have played around the the Cyanogenmod Experimental Gingerbread rom builds for our desire and it is pretty cool. They are getting very close to a fully working Cyanognemod Gingerbread rom.
    http://forum.cyanogenmod.com/topic/1...f-gingerbread/
    http://phones.crackflashers.com/bravoc/

    Thanks for the great tips, geetarman. I've been meaning to try that zeam launcher. I'm overclocking at 1.15Ghz, but I may bring it back down to save on battery life. I do have a bunch of profiles set with SetCPU (Temp>40˚C=652 max, Battery<30%=537 max, etc.) I'm not sure what the best profile settings are, but I just made some up. After using stock Sense, Ultimate Droid, and a few versions of CyanogenMod, I've decided that I want to stick with CyanogenMod for a long time before messing with the phone again. The guide I posted is for EUI (Ennon's Unified Installer). It partitions your card for cMTD, customization, and installs the rom and google apps all at one time. Hopefully all I'll have to do now is update it with new release candidates. Right now it only supports 6.1.1, but he's going to add newer roms based on Sense, and eventually Gingerbread, I think. This first part is for beginners who haven't rooted yet and the EUI guide is linked at the bottom of this in the "What Next" section. http://supermod.staehleprecision.com...opic,16.0.html

    Thanks again geeterman, for your expertise. As well as all of the others on here who have shared their knowledge on rooting/customizing. I've been having a great time with my phone. Now I just need to figure out how to root my wife's Milestone and customize it, lol. I've neglected to teach her how to get the most out of it.

  5. #425
    WAMAM's Avatar
    WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    45
    You Guys have alot of info for C/S
    (I have read and read some more) this site was mentioned on another forum, then I googled it

    just curious, why We dont have our own Carrier/network listed in the lineup
    seems to be alot activity, to warrant one, just asking

  6. #426
    walkintall67's Avatar
    walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Thanks for the great tips, geetarman. I've been meaning to try that zeam launcher. I'm overclocking at 1.15Ghz, but I may bring it back down to save on battery life. I do have a bunch of profiles set with SetCPU (Temp>40˚C=652 max, Battery<30%=537 max, etc.) I'm not sure what the best profile settings are, but I just made some up. After using stock Sense, Ultimate Droid, and a few versions of CyanogenMod, I've decided that I want to stick with CyanogenMod for a long time before messing with the phone again. The guide I posted is for EUI (Ennon's Unified Installer). It partitions your card for cMTD, customization, and installs the rom and google apps all at one time. Hopefully all I'll have to do now is update it with new release candidates. Right now it only supports 6.1.1, but he's going to add newer roms based on Sense, and eventually Gingerbread, I think. This first part is for beginners who haven't rooted yet and the EUI guide is linked at the bottom of this in the "What Next" section. http://supermod.staehleprecision.com...opic,16.0.html

    Thanks again geeterman, for your expertise. As well as all of the others on here who have shared their knowledge on rooting/customizing. I've been having a great time with my phone. Now I just need to figure out how to root my wife's Milestone and customize it, lol. I've neglected to teach her how to get the most out of it.
    I used universal androot and rom manager on my Milestone and it was very simple.
    Bugless Beast v.05 (froyo)

  7. #427
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    I used universal androot and rom manager on my Milestone and it was very simple.
    I'll second this. It is the easiest out of all the android I have played with to root. ROM manager premium will basically do all the work for you after you are rooted. Pretty much click and wait.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  8. #428
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    I used universal androot and rom manager on my Milestone and it was very simple.
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    I'll second this. It is the easiest out of all the android I have played with to root. ROM manager premium will basically do all the work for you after you are rooted. Pretty much click and wait.
    Thanks. I'll give it a try.

  9. #429
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    If you need any help, feel free to ask.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  10. #430
    walkintall67's Avatar
    walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    491
    Some of us may even have a swype file that we'll share lol
    Last edited by walkintall67; 01-14-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Bugless Beast v.05 (froyo)

  11. #431
    WAMAM's Avatar
    WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    45
    Ok Guys
    I got my desire rooted show S off in boot screen
    now what is next
    thanks for all the info and PM's to get me going

  12. #432
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    Id like to know also.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  13. #433
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    Wamam, did my pm clear anything up for ya?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

  14. #434
    WAMAM's Avatar
    WAMAM no está en línea Stack level 2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Wamam, did my pm clear anything up for ya?
    I haven't got a pm from You
    that I can tell

  15. #435
    pmarshall's Avatar
    pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    3,085
    I replied same night. Its in my outbox as sent.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •