Page 28 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Results 406 to 420 of 997
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by fd59 Haven't received it yet. I'll post once I do. I was ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

  1. #406
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755

    Advertisement



    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    Haven't received it yet. I'll post once I do. I was going to get the Galaxy until I read this announcement. Then I decided that the Milestone could carry me until the 4G stuff gets here. By then My wife's contract will also be complete and we might be able to get in on a BOGO offer.
    Yeah, cant wait for that LTE rollout. Of course it will probably be some time before they hit my area, but progress is progress.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  2. #407
    teoff's Avatar
    teoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    14
    Any idea when LTE will be launching on CS? And how would you go about checking it in your area? I live in the sticks. May not even reach me. 3G works here but often it switches between Ev and 1x. But noticed a lot more Ev, 3g right?, lately.

    Really wondering what kind of 4G phone they'll get.. may wait on the Galaxy S.

  3. #408
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by add144 View Post
    I would not expect 4G any time soon. Any time soon. 4G is just now hitting major metropolitan areas across the US, I wouldn't expect it in CS' service area for a while.

    teoff, phone calls, SMS and the like don't use 3G, hence why your phone switches back and forth.
    If we were waiting on Verizon or ATT I would agree, however Cell South is not bound to them in rolling out their own LTE network. They won a large chunk of the 700mhz spectrum in the auction a year or so ago, and they will start putting it to use.
    I know things can change, but this is from the press release they put out a month or so ago:

    Cellular South and Samsung Telecommunications America (Samsung Mobile) announced a strategic alliance today, November 17, to build a fourth generation (4G) mobile broadband network for the nation’s largest privately owned wireless communications provider using Long Term Evolution (LTE) technology.

    The alliance also calls for Samsung Mobile, the No. 1 mobile phone provider in the U.S., to supply Cellular South with two LTE Band Class 12 4G smartphone handsets as well as other new and innovative network solutions operating in the 700 MHz spectrum. The devices and the network will be ready for launch in the fourth quarter of 2011.
    Samsung Mobile and Cellular South plan to launch LTE service by the end of 2011 using voice-over LTE (VoLTE) and continue to expand availability across its 700 MHz footprint in 2012.
    So obviously it wont be total area coverage at that point, but we SHOULD see some LTE roll out this year.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  4. #409
    walkintall67's Avatar
    walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    491
    I'm really gonna miss CS since I'm moving to Missouri in a few months
    Bugless Beast v.05 (froyo)

  5. #410
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    I'm really gonna miss CS since I'm moving to Missouri in a few months
    Oh yeah, saw that on facebook. Congrats! I guess?
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  6. #411
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Hmm, might cell south be getting an Optimus phone? I see US Cell now has it.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  7. #412
    walkintall67's Avatar
    walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    491
    Thanks, yes it's a new start for me and the wife, lol now just trying to figure out who we will get our new phone service with. Definitely trying to avoid ATT with that 2gb internet plan, she still wants an iphone so this month will bring the option of going to VZW for one of those
    Bugless Beast v.05 (froyo)

  8. #413
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    US Cellular might be an option. They have similar plans to Cell South last I looked.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  9. #414
    walkintall67's Avatar
    walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    US Cellular might be an option. They have similar plans to Cell South last I looked.
    Completely forgot about them, will check that now
    Bugless Beast v.05 (froyo)

  10. #415
    walkintall67's Avatar
    walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    491
    similiar phones too I see and they undercut VZW by about 50 bucks
    Last edited by walkintall67; 01-11-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    Bugless Beast v.05 (froyo)

  11. #416
    mrholder's Avatar
    mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    Thanks I will check it out
    I'm working on putting CyanogenMod with cMTD on my Desire. Here's the complete guide to do it. http://supermod.staehleprecision.com...opic,17.0.html

    The cMTD is supposed to free up 250mb or more of internal memory. We'll see. You can always uninstall this feature if you want to go back to stock Sense, according to the guide.

  12. #417
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by add144 View Post
    Touche. I stand corrected. I wasn't aware of that.
    Glad to help, and welcome to the forum.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  13. #418
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Well, verizon is officially getting the Iphone 4 on feb 10.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

  14. #419
    fd59's Avatar
    fd59 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    131
    You mean they give actual dates instead of "Coming Soon!"

  15. #420
    msmith198025's Avatar
    msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by fd59 View Post
    You mean they give actual dates instead of "Coming Soon!"
    http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/iphone.jsp
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •