Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by msmith198025 Got slingplayer installed. I had made a backup of my apps ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Got slingplayer installed. I had made a backup of my apps with Titanium backup, and just recovered it. Problem solved.
    Awesome, how do you like the Galaxy?

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Awesome, how do you like the Galaxy?
    Now that I have that problem solved I am loving it. Im rooted, and have all of my old apps back, even protected ones.
    Titanium Backup Pro just made itself worth the $5 it cost.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Now that I have that problem solved I am loving it. Im rooted, and have all of my old apps back, even protected ones.
    Titanium Backup Pro just made itself worth the $5 it cost.
    Titanium Backup Pro is well worth the money for sure... you can use it to remove any bloat that you don't want, also. So, when you say you restored Slingplayer from a backup, do you mean a backup from another phone?

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Titanium Backup Pro is well worth the money for sure... you can use it to remove any bloat that you don't want, also. So, when you say you restored Slingplayer from a backup, do you mean a backup from another phone?
    Yeah, from the milestone.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    If anybody's looking for a macbook I have one for sale white 13" for $500.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question

any word on the 2.2 update? what about the fm radio? Can't seem to find it on the Cell South version, do we have to wait for 2.2 to get that as well. seems like a lot of the features advertised for this phone won't be available until we get a 2.2 update.........

PIN/ID
    ask
    Or the front facing camera. Its in there, just isnt active.
    www.sonicbabble.com

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by add144 View Post
    I've been curious about the same thing. It appears the camera and the LED flash are actually in there.
    Yeah, from what I can tell, and what I have seen on the net, its installed, just is inactive. Not sure if it is inactive through hardware or software. If my phone wasnt so new i might be inclined to attempt getting it turned on. lol
    Hell, still might
    Id rather have the FM radio though. That would be useful for me, of course there is slacker and pandora, or even Sirius/XM app, but sometimes I like to listen to the local stations.
    www.sonicbabble.com

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Our galaxy doesn't have a camera what your talking about is the prox and light sensor if ours had a camera it would be on the opposite side of the speaker.

macon no está en línea Stack level 1
    Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that this thread and your combined wisdom were instrumental in leading me to the Showcase. This is not only my first android but also my first smartphone. I feel like i've just made one of the largest technological leaps since the day I got a DVR... and once again, it feels great. So, thanks.

On to my question... what kind of battery life are you guys getting out of your Galaxies? I've been getting about 12 hours out of mine. I've got a push corporate email account and gmail running. I try to kill any other apps when not in use. My brightness is set as low as it can go. And I only refresh apps manually. Bluetooth, GPS, and WiFi stay off all day. I usually make about 3 15-20 minute calls a day, and I browse the web for about 15 minutes. Do y'all have any tips on how I could get any more life out of my battery? Thanks.

clmartin22 no está en línea Stack level 2
    12 hours is pretty good battery life out of any smartphone I have ever had. I usually don't get anywhere near that.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Macon, my personal experience is that 12 hours is fairly typical and you wont be able to get "much" more no matter what you do when it comes to smartphones. I am not sure what kind of phone you had before, but remember, it takes alot more juice to keep a smartphone running all day versus a normal phone.
    www.sonicbabble.com

macon no está en línea Stack level 1
    My previous phone was a terrible Samsung Finesse. The only positive of that phone was the battery. I feel better knowing that 12 hours is normal.

"With great power comes great [battery usage]" - Stan Lee

PIN/ID
    ask
    Welcome to the stacks, and if you need any help or tips on rooting, feel free to ask!
    www.sonicbabble.com

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    How much longer do we have to wait on 2.2.