Page 23 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

So this makes two mornings in a row that I wake up and find my ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

gnohra no está en línea Stack level 3

Galaxy airplane mode

Advertisement

So this makes two mornings in a row that I wake up and find my galaxy in airplane mode.. It was definitely not when I went to bed, and I plug it up to the charger overnight.. Have to reboot to get it back to normal.. Anybody else seen this?

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    I want to reformat my sd card and make partitions. I've just collected a bunch of junk that I want to get rid of, but I don't want to lose anything important. I've got the card and all contents backed up on my mac. Just want a clean start. The card is not partitioned at the moment. I read where partitioning is good for apps2sd since I'm running cyanogenmod. Once I do this which partition should I drop my clockworkmod and titanium backup folders into. I'm assuming the largest parts or the root of the card.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I want to reformat my sd card and make partitions. I've just collected a bunch of junk that I want to get rid of, but I don't want to lose anything important. I've got the card and all contents backed up on my mac. Just want a clean start. The card is not partitioned at the moment. I read where partitioning is good for apps2sd since I'm running cyanogenmod. Once I do this which partition should I drop my clockworkmod and titanium backup folders into. I'm assuming the largest parts or the root of the card.
    The Titanium Backup folders go on the root of the card... I'll have to look when I get home tonight to see where clockworkmod folder goes, although I'm pretty sure it goes in the root as well...

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    The Titanium Backup folders go on the root of the card... I'll have to look when I get home tonight to see where clockworkmod folder goes, although I'm pretty sure it goes in the root as well...
    Ok, thanks.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Ok, considering getting the Galaxy again, and hasd a couple of questions.
    Any progress on the protected apps? Slingplayer and such? I would hate to lose access to an app that I paid $30 for, and if this fix isnt in the works, I am going to probably wait.
    Rooting. Is it as easy as the Milestone? I know there isnt much in the way of custom roms right now, but root access is a must as well for a few apps that I have that require root access.

On trade in of the milestone, would you revert it back to stock? Or leave it as is. Im thinking since I am just trading it in it wont matter, but it is a simple process of reflashing and unrooting to get it back to stock.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by msmith198025 View Post
    Ok, considering getting the Galaxy again, and hasd a couple of questions.
    Any progress on the protected apps? Slingplayer and such? I would hate to lose access to an app that I paid $30 for, and if this fix isnt in the works, I am going to probably wait.
    Rooting. Is it as easy as the Milestone? I know there isnt much in the way of custom roms right now, but root access is a must as well for a few apps that I have that require root access.

On trade in of the milestone, would you revert it back to stock? Or leave it as is. Im thinking since I am just trading it in it wont matter, but it is a simple process of reflashing and unrooting to get it back to stock.
    I'll see if I can answer some of these...

-Don't know what the official progress is on getting protected apps working, but I'll quote below what flip260z figured out to get them to show up. Basically tricks the market into thinking you're a different OS. You'll need root, and want to have a backup before doing it.

-Rooting is super easy; use the app z4root and it's a one-click right on the phone method. Also allows for un-root if needed. No custom ROMs that I know of yet, but as you say you'll need it for some apps that require root, and you'll need it for recovery

-Instructions: ClockworkMod for Cellular South Galaxy S Showcase *Credit goes to flip260z for this also

-Probably doesn't matter on the trade-in, but I'd flash back to stock

Also, check your pm...

Quote Originally Posted by Flip260z View Post
    Now that I have a backup of my Samsung Galaxy S I am more willing to edit my build.prop file. As a result I now have protected apps working. I replaced our fingerprint with the fingerprint for verizon and after a reboot and a couple of market cache clearings I am now seeing protected apps. Just use root explorer or adb to make a copy of your build.prop located in /system. Then use a text editor to replace this line:
    ro.build.fingerprint=cs/SCH-I500/SCH-I500/SCH-I500:2.1-update1/ECLAIR/DJ20:user/release-keys
    with this line:
    ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/SCH-I500/SCH-I500/SCH-I500:2.1-update1/ECLAIR/DI01:use/release-keys Next replace the build.prop file on the phone with the edited one and reboot your phone. It took me 3 market cache clearings upon reboot to see mobile banking and slingplayer among others but it did eventually work. This will at least keep us going till it is fixed officially. This does the same thing as the previous mentioned post about the eris market fix but this allows us to still be seen as same model phone. Also as a side note ROOT IS REQUIRED that should go without saying but just in case it is there for good measure. You will not be able to access the build.prop without root permissions. Also for good measure it is best to attempt this after you have clockwordmod running and a working backup just in case something were to randomly go wrong, should be fine though.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by walkintall67 View Post
    Anybody with a Galaxy using aol mail?
    Just found this try it out:

How to get AOL mail:

Long press home screen, select shortcut, get EMAIL.

Put it on face plate or app list, then hit (menu), (account settings), then scroll

down to (incoming settings), put in username and password, imap.aol.com,

(port) 143, ( outgoing server settings) smtp.aol.com, (port) 587, check

(Require sign-in) fill in username/password, next page - select your

settings on this page, including selecting your ringtone etc.

good luck.

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    Just found this try it out:

How to get AOL mail:

Long press home screen, select shortcut, get EMAIL.

Put it on face plate or app list, then hit (menu), (account settings), then scroll

down to (incoming settings), put in username and password, imap.aol.com,

(port) 143, ( outgoing server settings) smtp.aol.com, (port) 587, check

(Require sign-in) fill in username/password, next page - select your

settings on this page, including selecting your ringtone etc.

good luck.
    Thanks man, I'll pass it along
    Bugless Beast v.05 (froyo)

PIN/ID
    ask
    PM, if a phone is rooted, and I sell it, can CSOUTH turn it on for someone else with it still rooted, or would I need to go back totally stock and unroot?
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    if anybody hasn't done so yet go update your facebook app, it now includes chat and notifications are working as they come in
    Last edited by walkintall67; 12-15-2010 at 05:46 AM.
    Bugless Beast v.05 (froyo)

PIN/ID
    ask
    Ok, how exactly does one get Z4root on the phone for the Galaxy? Download tp the PC and transfer to the SD? Or can you go direct to the phone?
    www.sonicbabble.com

PIN/ID
    ask
    Never mind, got it
    www.sonicbabble.com

I gave my old blackberry curve 8330 to my niece. It had a cracked screen and was in pretty bad shape. Dirty as all get out. I had to constantly replace trackballs. Anyway, she showed it to me a couple of days ago, and my jaw dropped. It didn't look like the same phone. She ordered a complete casing off of ebay and restored it to looking like brand new (new front and back). I told her I wanted it back, lol. The new trackball works amazingly well and it looks like the new Curves CS sells now.

PIN/ID
    ask
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    I gave my old blackberry curve 8330 to my niece. It had a cracked screen and was in pretty bad shape. Dirty as all get out. I had to constantly replace trackballs. Anyway, she showed it to me a couple of days ago, and my jaw dropped. It didn't look like the same phone. She ordered a complete casing off of ebay and restored it to looking like brand new (new front and back). I told her I wanted it back, lol. The new trackball works amazingly well and it looks like the new Curves CS sells now.
    Yeah, I have replaced the casing on nearly every blackberry that I have had. Surprisingly easy to do, and makes the phone look brand new. One of the things that I miss about the berries.
    www.sonicbabble.com

PIN/ID
    ask
    Got slingplayer installed. I had made a backup of my apps with Titanium backup, and just recovered it. Problem solved.
    www.sonicbabble.com