Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 Hey guys sorry I haven't posted lately been takin care of ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

GeekMouse no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    Hey guys sorry I haven't posted lately been takin care of graduation stuff.. Plus the latest expansion in warcraft released on tuesday.. Still no call from the technical people I'll get in contact with them as as soon as I can and get an update.. Continue to pm me or post if you have data issues
    Funny you should mention the wow expansion, because I downloaded the mobile authenticator to use with wow yesterday and had one of those data hiccups when I first tried to add it to my account. It worked the second time I tried as usual when it happens. That was probably around 8:30 or 9 last night. It seems to happen less often, the only other time I can think of was around 4:30pm on the same day you posted last.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by GeekMouse View Post
    Funny you should mention the wow expansion, because I downloaded the mobile authenticator to use with wow yesterday and had one of those data hiccups when I first tried to add it to my account. It worked the second time I tried as usual when it happens. That was probably around 8:30 or 9 last night. It seems to happen less often, the only other time I can think of was around 4:30pm on the same day you posted last.
    Yeah i have the actual authenticator, because if something messes up with your phone u cant log in!

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    I have a question why its cellular souths 3g so slow? The most I can get from any speed test is like maybe 1000 kbps bur I avg like 500 something I see everyone elses network gets like 3000 or so just wondering.
    Where did you see that everyone elses network gets 3000? Articles I'm reading are showing other networks 3G around 700-1200...

teoff no está en línea Stack level 1
    Is the Milestone still a decent phone, or has it been completely overshadowed by the Galaxy S? I know it can be overclocked to run around 1Ghz.

Or, since Verizon is ending the life of the Droid 2 and Droid X on March 31st, could we perhaps be getting them in April or beyond? I know no one has any definite answer on that, but is it a possibility?
    Not that I don't think the Galaxy S is a sexy phone. Just looking toward the future.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Well, I have probably had the most experience with the milestone so I will give my answer.
    My sister has the Desire and my wife has the Galaxy.

I would say that rooted with the right rom, and overclocked with the right kernel, the milestone is the equal of either.

The galaxy has a great screen (the Milestone is slightly sharper, but not as vibrant) and is lightning quick. The build quality is lacking IMO, and protected apps not being available is a deal breaker for me right now.
    Probably a better future proof phone, but I am not ready to upgrade for it.

The Desire has much better build quality than the Galaxy IMO, and is almost equally as quick. Reception is not quite as good as the Milestone though, and there is nothing extra that would make me pay the money to upgrade.

My honest opinion is IF you like to tweak, then the milestone/droid 1 is the best phone to have. There is a much bigger developer base out there for it than any other phone thanks to verizon.
    The build quality is great (best of the three, it is built like a tank), and it is plenty fast stock. Again, speced up with the right software, it equals anything on the market at this point.

Now a few months down the road this may not be the case.

Right now, for me, it not having a non locked bootloader, and the aftermarket stuff makes it my choice after trying all three. Or over the Droid 2 or X.

If you want a phone to use stock, and want it to be the best it can be that way, the other two are better choices.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by msmith198025; 12-09-2010 at 11:00 PM.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    By the way, I am running mine at 1.25 ghz now with the frozen yogurt rom based on 2.2. I have been using Bugless beast in the past. Just trying something new, and am pleased with the new Frozen Yo. rom.
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

Quote Originally Posted by pound24 View Post
    I have a question why its cellular souths 3g so slow? The most I can get from any speed test is like maybe 1000 kbps bur I avg like 500 something I see everyone elses network gets like 3000 or so just wondering.
    Ran the speed test tonight; only ran it a few times, ranged between 750-1100 kbps download
    That's in Daphne, AL

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Got an update yesterday evening.... "We're making some changes Saturday night we hope will help." Im still reporting the problems as I get pms though

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anybody have any tips for setting up aol mail on the Galaxy? For once I can't find anything that works
    Bugless Beast v.05 (froyo)

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Where did you see that everyone elses network gets 3000? Articles I'm reading are showing other networks 3G around 700-1200...
    i was looking on youtube. just search 3g speedtest for at&t, verizon, sprint, or tmobile,

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Ran the speed test tonight; only ran it a few times, ranged between 750-1100 kbps download
    That's in Daphne, AL
    thats about what i avg

maybe they were using wifi and lying about being on the carriers network

Ah, ok, I hadn't looked at any youtube vids... I was reading articles like this one from February...

http://www.pcworld.com/article/18959...ance_test.html

walkintall67 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Anybody with a Galaxy using aol mail?
    Bugless Beast v.05 (froyo)