Page 20 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by teoff In a similar situation. Been lurking here since getting my HTC ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

GeekMouse no está en línea Stack level 1

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by teoff View Post
    In a similar situation. Been lurking here since getting my HTC Hero in November, now pondering getting a Galaxy S, but it seems to be hard to root and flash? I looked around xda but couldn't find anything specific for our version, and I always feel a little odd following something for another phone for mine.

Really looking at the Galaxy S. Or do ya'll think another Android phone will be coming to Cellular South in the next few months that'll be worth the wait?
    It isn't difficult to root at all. I forget what method I used, but it was one of the many one-click methods that are out there. As for flashing, it is significantly different than HTC and Motorola android phones. Samsung decided to do things a bit differently, which is probably why development is slower. I definitely don't recommend flashing stuff for other phones yet, although I am pretty sure that the Mesmerize that U.S. Cellular got is the same phone as ours. I was able to get Clockworkmod recovery working using the mesmerize recovery image. I have dd images of every block device that I could find on my phone, otherwise I wouldn't be touching it at all.

The Showcase is a great phone. If you have a hero you will be blown away. I know I was.

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tate002 View Post
    hey guys i downloaded sandstorm on my galaxy s. I can't remember where i downloaded it... i'm always clearing my history. how can i download cool other HD 3D games?
    Gameloft is giving away Dungeon Hunter HD through their Advent Calendar promotion, I believe. Google their blog. People are experiencing difficulties getting it, but I think they're working on it. And, since I haven't been able to download it yet, I'm not sure if it's a Demo or the whole game. I've received whole free games from them before when they celebrated their 10th anniversary earlier this year, so I'm pretty sure it will be the whole game. This is the first time they're including Android in a promotion. It's a 24 hr. window, and I received a tweet about 8:24 cst.

msmith198025 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    So which one click method works on rooting the Desire?
    www.sonicbabble.com
    The best debate forum around. Present your point and back it up. Facts are welcome

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberwaste View Post
    Ok pm or anybody that can help so I just upgraded but my wife is going to upgrade now and we want to take advantage of the buy one get one on the galaxy so do I need to return my phone or can I still get the free one?
    Found something for ya cyber... the "fine" print on the deal

Buy One Get One offer available for a limited time only. In order to qualify for the Buy One Get One offer, both lines must agree to maintain active service on the same account and enter into two-year contracts to receive promotional pricing. A two-year contract with data is required for all smartphones purchased at promotional pricing. One phone must be a new activation or an upgrade on a line that has fulfilled its two-year agreement. Upgrade eligibility requirements apply. Free phone must be of equal or lesser value than first phone purchased at promotional price. Phone pricing, availability and offers may vary by market. Customers participating in these plans must reside in the Regional/Primary Area which is defined as the Cellular South Network in MS and generally in and surrounding Memphis/West Memphis, AR/nearby West TN; Mobile and Baldwin Counties in AL; and Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa and Walton Counties in FL. Participation in third-party text messaging contests or promotions, and the purchase of third-party content may result in additional charges on your bill above and beyond standard messaging rates. Certain restrictions, taxes and/or fees may apply. Visit cellularsouth.com or see store for complete details on phones, plans and offers. All trademarks and trade names are the property of their respective owners. © 2010 Cellular South, Inc. All rights reserved.
    Upgrade Eligibility Requirements - A Device Replacement Fee may apply if upgrading equipment between months 12 and 24 of your two-year promotional offer contract period. Promotional pricing is not available if upgrading equipment within the first 12 months of your two-year promotional offer contract period. An Early Termination Fee applies if you disconnect service prior to the end of your two-year promotional offer contract period.

Quote Originally Posted by GeekMouse View Post
    It appears to be 10 posts. But you can pm a moderator any time before that.
    check pm again... i think u can still read them at least

ShadowDude no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm assuming that this would have been posted, had it been dealt with, but I just wanted to double: any progress on downloading protected apps on the Showcase?

Still no word

GeekMouse no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    check pm again... i think u can still read them at least
    Yeah, I can read them. Just not send them.

Flip260z no está en línea Stack level 1
    Now that I have a backup of my Samsung Galaxy S I am more willing to edit my build.prop file. As a result I now have protected apps working. I replaced our fingerprint with the fingerprint for verizon and after a reboot and a couple of market cache clearings I am now seeing protected apps. Just use root explorer or adb to make a copy of your build.prop located in /system. Then use a text editor to replace this line:ro.build.fingerprint=cs/SCH-I500/SCH-I500/SCH-I500:2.1-update1/ECLAIR/DJ20:user/release-keys with this line:ro.build.fingerprint=verizon/SCH-I500/SCH-I500/SCH-I500:2.1-update1/ECLAIR/DI01:user/release-keys Next replace the build.prop file on the phone with the edited one and reboot your phone. It took me 3 market cache clearings upon reboot to see mobile banking and slingplayer among others but it did eventually work. This will at least keep us going till it is fixed officially. This does the same thing as the previous mentioned post about the eris market fix but this allows us to still be seen as same model phone. Also as a side note ROOT IS REQUIRED that should go without saying but just in case it is there for good measure. You will not be able to access the build.prop without root permissions. Also for good measure it is best to attempt this after you have clockwordmod running and a working backup just in case something were to randomly go wrong, should be fine though.

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yea I read that says it must be a fulfilled line on contractbut then says a upgrade fee my apply so which is it?

Flip260z no está en línea Stack level 1
    Here is the link to my post on xda for installing clockworkmod on the showcase: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=860250

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Found this intresting we may see the milestone 2 and x after all and sooner than thought.

http://www.androidcentral.com/slew-v...ife-march-2010

Should have an update for everyone about the data issue this afternoon. they're looking at the logsfrom those of you reported it to me.

JeremyJ no está en línea Stack level 1
    I hope it is fixed. I am interested in galaxy but not if it has data issues. Wife & I have iphones atm. Contract up in 10 days! It is great that you are able to work with CS to try and fix it.

silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    Does anyone know of an economically priced ($0) Root Explorer that will work on the desire?