Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by pmarshall Hey everyone, i have a question for the Galaxy users. How ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

Phyl1225 no está en línea Stack level 2

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    Hey everyone, i have a question for the Galaxy users. How many of you are seeing this...when on the web you get a webpage unavailable or some sort of error but your phone shows you have sufficiant coverage?
    I've had this problem alot. Even standing in the CSouth store in Flowood.

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mrholder View Post
    Is this rom based on Froyo or 2.1? I tried to read up on it, but didn't see that info.
    Froyo

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Phyl1225 View Post
    I've had this problem alot. Even standing in the CSouth store in Flowood.
    Im having this sane priblem page after page what gives

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    Froyo
    Awesome, thanks!

pound24 no está en línea Stack level 3
    hey does anyone have a blackberry they want to sell? in good shape?

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    Well very close to taking back the galaxy for the desire have talked to a few desire owners and they aren't seeing the problems with data that we are with the galaxy. Awsome phone but if data is qurky then it has to go

ShadowDude no está en línea Stack level 1

Showcase Questions

I just switched to Android from the iPhone and I'm liking what I've discovered so far. I rooted right away and started working and experimenting with Android (of course, I'm somewhat nervous about a potential brick). Anyway, I had a few questions/concerns and I was hoping that those of you that are more experienced with Android could help me out.

1. Concerning ROM Manager: I tried to create a backup and failed due to and error: "failed to verify whole file signature." No idea what this means or how to fix it.

2. The one click lag fix will not work on my phone. I get an error about "no space left on device." However, I have 1.36GB on the internal phone storage and 6.27GB on the SD card.

3. My girlfriend got an HTC Desire and was able to download Mobile Banking for Android and Cut the Rope. Neither of these applications appear in my market interface. The mobile banking app appears in AppBrain, but when I try to load it from the market, it cannot be located.

4. One reason that I wanted to root was to unload the crapware Cellular South included with the phone. I have done this. I was an idiot and did not make any sort of backup of the phone in its orignal state. If I want to reset to factory settings from recovery mode, is this mistake (or any other that I may have made along the way) going to brick me? I had thought about a restore because it has been so finicky with the lag fix, backups, and market, but I'm afraid to do so. I am also concerned that I caused these issues with my inexperience and may like to start from scratch.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDude View Post
    I just switched to Android from the iPhone and I'm liking what I've discovered so far. I rooted right away and started working and experimenting with Android (of course, I'm somewhat nervous about a potential brick). Anyway, I had a few questions/concerns and I was hoping that those of you that are more experienced with Android could help me out.

1. Concerning ROM Manager: I tried to create a backup and failed due to and error: "failed to verify whole file signature." No idea what this means or how to fix it.

2. The one click lag fix will not work on my phone. I get an error about "no space left on device." However, I have 1.36GB on the internal phone storage and 6.27GB on the SD card.

3. My girlfriend got an HTC Desire and was able to download Mobile Banking for Android and Cut the Rope. Neither of these applications appear in my market interface. The mobile banking app appears in AppBrain, but when I try to load it from the market, it cannot be located.

4. One reason that I wanted to root was to unload the crapware Cellular South included with the phone. I have done this. I was an idiot and did not make any sort of backup of the phone in its orignal state. If I want to reset to factory settings from recovery mode, is this mistake (or any other that I may have made along the way) going to brick me? I had thought about a restore because it has been so finicky with the lag fix, backups, and market, but I'm afraid to do so. I am also concerned that I caused these issues with my inexperience and may like to start from scratch.
    1. Clockworkmod Recovery is not yet supported on our Galaxy S
    2. Are you seeing a lot of lag? I havent seen a reason to try a lag fix myself.
    3. Those are copy protected apps and aren't showing up on our Galaxy S. Everyone is having that problem.
    4. I think theres a key sequence to resetting to default factory settings but I do not know it.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    what other apps other than Moblie Banking and Cut the Rope arent working? need replies asap

snake8421 no está en línea Stack level 1

Galaxy s showcase

Where ,g4,and slingplayer are not showing in market

ShadowDude no está en línea Stack level 1
    Paypal is also not showing up in the market. That's all out of the ones that I have checked, but I also haven't checked that many.

silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    Looks like I made the right decision not to wait for the Galaxy. I love my desire. Now if I can quit letting Geetarman talk me into flashing another rom. I spend lots of time resetting the phone and adding the apps I like.

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDude View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    1. Clockworkmod Recovery is not yet supported on our Galaxy S
    2. Are you seeing a lot of lag? I havent seen a reason to try a lag fix myself.
    3. Those are copy protected apps and aren't showing up on our Galaxy S. Everyone is having that problem.
    4. I think theres a key sequence to resetting to default factory settings but I do not know it.
    kyle did a good job answering your questions; for what it's worth, I'll give you my $0.02

1. As kyle said, no custom recovery for our Galaxy S yet, therefore no way to do a true nandroid backup, either.
    2. The lag fix is written for the Fascinate, NOT the Showcase, so it won't work out of the box... would take some development to work on Showcase.
    Agree with kyle that I haven't seen a need for a lag fix, though. Are you seeing a lot of lag?
    3. nothing to add
    4. If I understand your question, you're asking if the fact that you've removed "crapware" from the phone will result in a bricking it IF you need to do a factory reset. I have no way to confirm, but I don't think the removal of apps will effect anything to do with a factory reset. If you do a factory reset, you just won't have those apps that you've deleted. None of them should be necessary for a reset.

FYI: Settings-Privacy-Factory Data Reset will erase all data on your phone, back to "out of the box" condition - sans any apps that you've removed, that is.

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey everyone..sorry about the absence! been really busy! I havnt had a chance to go back through the pages yet. Im seeing the issue with data too. Im actually working to help fix it by sending up certain data to a department. Anyone get 2.2 on Galaxy yet? Ive rooted but that as far as ive gotten...oh i did the one click lag fix too..my benchmark went from 900 to 2500ish...huge difference.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    oh yeah..P.S..i never seen a lag..just wanted to it for shizzy and giggles.
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH