Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by Tate002 Well do you think that is it. I will try later ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by Tate002 View Post
    Well do you think that is it. I will try later to down long drivers. Well i thought that's what was installing when i plugged my phone into my laptop
    I had to download drivers from Samsung's website. Also, HTC Sync seems to interfere with some things with the Galaxy, so I uninstalled that.

mclovin07 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Hey Guys havent posted in a while. Been bust with school and took off for thanksgiving break. I have enjoyed my galaxy s ever since i got it and it is by far the best phone i have ever had. I luckily have not had any data issues with it what so ever. It did take some getting used to however when i got home and was mainly on wifi. While in oxford at school, I had 3g everywhere i went, but went doen to evdo or 1g or whatever it is once I got to my home town. Back in oxford now and enjoying the very fast 3g network here. Still waiting on an otter box. They are sold out where I am at. I havent had any problems on it so im happy. So far so good.

geetarman no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    I was playing around with my wife's Galaxy the past couple days and now cannot make this issue happen now. Maybe it was just some latency on the cell south network and the current galaxy os build does not play nice when it comes to network latency.

Well.............. having the data issue crap once again with the wife's galaxy. She told me she was having problems with it again - I took a look and bam; the data issues happening once again.

FYI, on another note - Desire users need to try the ultimate rom for CDMA desire with the Galaxy S theme - pretty awesome. I am not a big fan of the dock with the large icons like the galaxy so i use the ADW launcher built into the rom with 5 dock items or use Zeam launcher (see market about zeam - an awesome lightweight launcher. I love the menus, dialer and everything else about this galaxy s theme.

http://theultimatedroid.com/forum/in...releases-cdma/
    http://theultimatedroid.com/forum/in...axy-s-for-210/

deltascrew no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mclovin07 View Post
    . Still waiting on an otter box. They are sold out where I am at. I.
    While picking up my wife's Galaxy Saturday the salesman showed me the Otterbox. I was impressed and bought 2. They had a rack full of them in Greenville

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    While picking up my wife's Galaxy Saturday the salesman showed me the Otterbox. I was impressed and bought 2. They had a rack full of them in Greenville
    Is that the Otterbox Commuter case?

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    Is that the Otterbox Commuter case?
    yes

The one thing I that I hate about the otterbox is the tab used to apply the screen protector. When I removed it, it left behind a sticky residue. The only way I could get it off was to use WD-40

Quote Originally Posted by deltascrew View Post
    The one thing I that I hate about the otterbox is the tab used to apply the screen protector. When I removed it, it left behind a sticky residue. The only way I could get it off was to use WD-40
    How much extra bulk does the otterbox case add? One of the things I really like about this phone so far is how slim it is...

Quote Originally Posted by jbreakfield View Post
    How much extra bulk does the otterbox case add? One of the things I really like about this phone so far is how slim it is...
    It actually adds less bulk than the $5 ebay silicone cover I had on it. I can slide it easily in and out of blue jean pockets now. I didn't like the commuter cover that comes on the desire because the back was too slick, but this one has a textured back like a pistol grip that makes it easier to grip.

The package it came in was labeled Fascinate, I found that funny because all the CS reps say its a different model

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    does anyone know how long its gonna take to update the samsung galaxy s...

I didn't see any big announcement...

but the Wildfire and Axis are available on CS website now...

Ah, looks like they came out Black Friday...

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    My data issues a very few and far between now that I had them give me a new one I also saw where a few other folks on the facebook page did the same thing.

Tate002 no está en línea Stack level 3
    has any had any lag issues after rooting the samsung galaxy s. Before rooting there was little lag... after I feel there is more than before.... And does anyone know why my ram is so full even when nothing is running 185/325 some times if up for a while its 265/385

Quote Originally Posted by Tate002 View Post
    has any had any lag issues after rooting the samsung galaxy s. Before rooting there was little lag... after I feel there is more than before.... And does anyone know why my ram is so full even when nothing is running 185/325 some times if up for a while its 265/385
    No difference that I can tell before and after... just rooting shouldn't make a difference. I'd look at whatever apps you've installed since you rooted and see if one of those is the culprit for the lag...
    The RAM I wouldn't worry about... as long as you have some free, Android should handle putting stuff in and out of RAM. RAM is there to be used, not "free" all the time

mrholder no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by geetarman View Post
    Well.............. having the data issue crap once again with the wife's galaxy. She told me she was having problems with it again - I took a look and bam; the data issues happening once again.

FYI, on another note - Desire users need to try the ultimate rom for CDMA desire with the Galaxy S theme - pretty awesome. I am not a big fan of the dock with the large icons like the galaxy so i use the ADW launcher built into the rom with 5 dock items or use Zeam launcher (see market about zeam - an awesome lightweight launcher. I love the menus, dialer and everything else about this galaxy s theme.

http://theultimatedroid.com/forum/in...releases-cdma/
    http://theultimatedroid.com/forum/in...axy-s-for-210/
    Is this rom based on Froyo or 2.1? I tried to read up on it, but didn't see that info.