Page 12 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Originally Posted by cptdime Yes this is because the Google market is apparently not configured ... C Spire/Cellular South forum

jbreakfield no está en línea Stack level 4

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by cptdime View Post
    Yes this is because the Google market is apparently not configured to give out protected apps (paid or free) to CS Galaxy users currently. Here's a good write up and method for getting around it. I rooted my phone with the Fascinate method (z4root I think it was), and applied the Eris Market Fix and after a factory wipe, I was finally able to see slingplayer and calorie counter. I couldn't wait for CSouth / Google / Samsung to get it fixed, but hopefully CSouth can nudge them along soon.

Edit: Forgot the link! http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...uild-prop.html
    It's ironic that I just saw a Galaxy S Commercial from CSouth on TV while typing this, talking about how they have apps , bla bla, for everything but no one seems to notice the lack of protected apps there!

At least I finally have a decent phone (while on WiFi everything's great!! the 3G data has been sucking these past couple days...). Yes, I am experiencing the bouncing signal, the big D of dead data, network connection errors. But at least there's fun stuff to do on it wihle I'm waiting.
    I saw that writeup, and a couple of other similar ones... does look like Google is the problem.
    So you used the Eris Market Fix app to get yours to work? You didn't do the edit to the build.prop file?
    Last edited by jbreakfield; 11-24-2010 at 01:07 AM.

cptdime no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried the Eris fix first, and it didn't seem like it changed the build.prop (I was checking with ASTRO file manager). Then I decided to go the SDK route, and adb pull/push the file, but while it was downloading I just ran the Eris fix again, restarted and noticed the build.prop file had changed to the verizon line mentioned in the article. I tried clearing cache, and I tried setting to 12:59 and letting it roll to 1 am. Neither worked. But a factory wipe at that point, and logging back in, worked fine. It remains rooted, and you can get past Google's filters and download the apps you really want.

kylemcdonald87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Yes this is because the Google market is apparently not configured to give out protected apps (paid or free) to CS Galaxy users currently. Here's a good write up and method for getting around it. I rooted my phone with the Fascinate method (z4root I think it was), and applied the Eris Market Fix and after a factory wipe, I was finally able to see slingplayer and calorie counter. I couldn't wait for CSouth / Google / Samsung to get it fixed, but hopefully CSouth can nudge them along soon.

Edit: Forgot the link! http://androidforums.com/samsung-gal...uild-prop.html
    It's ironic that I just saw a Galaxy S Commercial from CSouth on TV while typing this, talking about how they have apps , bla bla, for everything but no one seems to notice the lack of protected apps there!

At least I finally have a decent phone (while on WiFi everything's great!! the 3G data has been sucking these past couple days...). Yes, I am experiencing the bouncing signal, the big D of dead data, network connection errors. But at least there's fun stuff to do on it wihle I'm waiting.
    the D just means theres no data being transferred at that time... once something sends data you have the arrows

cptdime no está en línea Stack level 1
    Well I agree with you on that. There IS no data being transferred at that time. The problem is I just asked for a webpage, or a facebook page update, or any other internet request. I mean, I don't pretend to know the intent of the notification icon, but, when there are arrows, they flash intermittently, and then the arrows remain. The next request I make is fast , low latency (relatively, considering this is cellular, after all). But when I get the D on my phone it generally comes with a lower signal level, and then it takes much more time to establish initial connections. I admit, it's not debilitating, but it is annoying. I'm just hoping for WiFi-like quality from a CDMA network... I can live with it for now.

(Note: I'm talking about while sitting less than 1/4 mile from the tower base the whole time, this isn't a transit issue)

cyberwaste no está en línea Stack level 3
    there is a problem with the data on the network at the moment have talked to a few folks and read the facebook page the is a pretty big data slow down going on don't know why but CS has been notified of it.

I used the "TextCS" app to report protected apps not showing up in the market... the response I got was "What is Protected Apps?" So I sent back an explanation of what copy-protected apps are, and that google has to enable a particular phone's OS build so that these show up in the Market on said handset. Haven't received another response yet.

JeremyJ no está en línea Stack level 1
    First time to post but been following the thread since around III! LOL! I went by CS in Pascagoula yesterday cause I am interested in getting Showcase Mid-Dec when my Iphone contract is up with ATT but the one on display in the store was having the network not found error so I am not sure about the phone. It had full bars no 'D' icon and the HTC Desire that was sharing the shelf with it had 1X to 3G fluctuating. Hope they have it fixed by then!

silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by kylemcdonald87 View Post
    ok final post for me until some1 else says something... anyone brave enough to try this clockworkmod recovery?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=834766
    I used clockworkmod based on geetarman's recommendations. It worked well and is easy. He could tell you more of the specifics.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhorn View Post
    I used clockworkmod based on geetarman's recommendations. It worked well and is easy. He could tell you more of the specifics.
    Did you use it on a Galaxy S?

Hey, is everyone here with a Galaxy S having the issue of protected apps not showing up in the market? You guys who haven't rooted yours are having this problem as well, right?

silverhorn no está en línea Stack level 3
    No sorry. I assumed you were asking about the Desire.

Flip260z no está en línea Stack level 1
    I tried the Eris fix first, and it didn't seem like it changed the build.prop (I was checking with ASTRO file manager). Then I decided to go the SDK route, and adb pull/push the file, but while it was downloading I just ran the Eris fix again, restarted and noticed the build.prop file had changed to the verizon line mentioned in the article. I tried clearing cache, and I tried setting to 12:59 and letting it roll to 1 am. Neither worked. But a factory wipe at that point, and logging back in, worked fine. It remains rooted, and you can get past Google's filters and download the apps you really want.
    I am definitely quite wary of editing build.prop without a nandroid gonna sit this out till I here some multiple success stories. I setup a linux box last night to try to port clockworkmod to our device but got stuck with how our partitioning is done. It is not mtd apparently it is mmc with samsungs rfs system that nobody else uses so I have absolutely no idea what to pull from phone to get our stock recovery image. If anybody knows let me know been googling to no avail. Learned some interesting stuff though.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip260z View Post
    I am definitely quite wary of editing build.prop without a nandroid gonna sit this out till I here some multiple success stories. I setup a linux box last night to try to port clockworkmod to our device but got stuck with how our partitioning is done. It is not mtd apparently it is mmc with samsungs rfs system that nobody else uses so I have absolutely no idea what to pull from phone to get our stock recovery image. If anybody knows let me know been googling to no avail. Learned some interesting stuff though.
    I'm not quite ready to edit build.prop without a nandroid, either. Good luck with working on the clockworkmod port; If I run across anything helpful, I'll let you know. Are you using the instructions for clockwork recovery on koushikdutta.com?

Quote Originally Posted by silverhorn View Post
    No sorry. I assumed you were asking about the Desire.
    No problem... thought you may have been on to something for a minute, though

pmarshall no está en línea Stack Professional
    Hey everyone, i have a question for the Galaxy users. How many of you are seeing this...when on the web you get a webpage unavailable or some sort of error but your phone shows you have sufficiant coverage?
    HAHA HERO, MY TOUCH